Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Heard the bridge has fell on the Russell side??? Anyone know?? Supposedly one section In the river or hanging?
night hawk

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

The bridge was hit plz people stay off of it. Its closed but they are talking anbout opening or back up Monday. That's bad Google Ironton Russell bridge hit by barge. You can read it. Just couple months ago the deck dropped now this. So what will happen next???
what is up with ironton

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Love-of-my-life wrote:
Barge hit it and it's falling?
what is new mayb we should put pill doc. or bar,mayb even politition close might get somethin fixed round here! not only bridge its our streets also.and they say they r for the people.really?
Better operators

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Who was operating the boat? It sure makes you wonder about how safe you are anywhere.
Bo Jackson

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Better operators wrote:
Who was operating the boat? It sure makes you wonder about how safe you are anywhere.
"Capt Morgan I suppose" Half of the boats employees stay shit faced.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Nope, it was the Mothman operating it.He flipped me the bird as he floated by...

Coincidentally, he may have been drinking Capetian Morgan also.

LOL, I hope the Mothman doesn't have a lawyer. I might get sued for defamation of character.

Anonymous

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

what is up with ironton wrote:
<quoted text>what is new mayb we should put pill doc. or bar,mayb even politition close might get somethin fixed round here! not only bridge its our streets also.and they say they r for the people.really?
What ????
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
Nope, it was the Mothman operating it.He flipped me the bird as he floated by...

Coincidentally, he may have been drinking Capetian Morgan also.

LOL, I hope the Mothman doesn't have a lawyer. I might get sued for defamation of character.
Not funny...

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

740democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny...
Ah well I tried, but at least 2 people thought it was funny even if I did spell captain wrong. Lighten up a little :). We can't help what happened, but hopefully they open it back up soon. After an extremely thorough check, that is.
Raven

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Only thing holding that bridge up is all the paint and welds the DOT has did over the past 10 yrs. It is out side of the 50 yr life span that the designer put on the bridge. This is the oldest bridge Ohio has spanning the Ohio River. After the last retro fit in 2000 DOT stated it was good for another 10 yrs.

That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge on the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.

A report from the collapse of the sister bridge in Point Pleasent in the 60s said that some could have survived the fall but was trapped by the super structure of the bridge falling on the vehicle and unable to exit the doors. Good Luck but my advice stay away from things that can kill you.
the water will be cold

Lancaster, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

point pleasant, the silver bridge was a suspension bridge. and traffic was at a stand still on it when it fell. but yes always have doors unlocked and maybe try to roll the window down on the way down. nothing to lose an everything to gain.
Really

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Spell much?
Raven wrote:
Only thing holding that bridge up is all the paint and welds the DOT has did over the past 10 yrs. It is out side of the 50 yr life span that the designer put on the bridge. This is the oldest bridge Ohio has spanning the Ohio River. After the last retro fit in 2000 DOT stated it was good for another 10 yrs.
That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge on the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.
A report from the collapse of the sister bridge in Point Pleasent in the 60s said that some could have survived the fall but was trapped by the super structure of the bridge falling on the vehicle and unable to exit the doors. Good Luck but my advice stay away from things that can kill you.
Blah

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
Spell much?
<quoted text>
That person wrote an informative post. You're picking at a spelling mistake?
BatChitCrazy

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Why do you need a bridge connecting to small towns? Ironton needs to save the bridge money for a new jail and for all the lawsuits a certain city council member keeps filling. No Russell/Ironton bridge, people would see a growth in Coal Grove's business district. Does Coal Grove allow alcohol sales?
doobee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge oyour a whinetn the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.
your a whiner
the water will be cold

Lancaster, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

BatChitCrazy wrote:
Why do you need a bridge connecting to small towns? Ironton needs to save the bridge money for a new jail and for all the lawsuits a certain city council member keeps filling. No Russell/Ironton bridge, people would see a growth in Coal Grove's business district. Does Coal Grove allow alcohol sales?
without a bridge, where are we gonna get anything? everything we need is across the river.
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

BatChitCrazy wrote:
Seriously ?????????.
doobee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

the water will be cold wrote:
<quoted text>without a bridge, where are we gonna get anything? everything we need is across the river.
we have 2 bridges up river you big dummy!!
duh

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

You are batchitcrazy aren't you??? Dimness!!!
BatChitCrazy wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Ironton Forum right now

Search the Ironton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I feel sorry for Obama 59 min steve e nix 28
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Old Guy 28,429
Rona red carpet 2 hr Jose 5
Anyone seen Dean Montroso. (May '13) 3 hr Ronnie 101
Obama opened up the border 4 hr sam 34
irs 4 hr sam 16
Extant on tv by Micky fisher ?? 5 hr Do What 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ironton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000