Next Last
Love-of-my-life

United States

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Barge hit it and it's falling?
Love-of-my-life

United States

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Heard the bridge has fell on the Russell side??? Anyone know?? Supposedly one section In the river or hanging?
night hawk

Canton, OH

#3 Dec 29, 2012
The bridge was hit plz people stay off of it. Its closed but they are talking anbout opening or back up Monday. That's bad Google Ironton Russell bridge hit by barge. You can read it. Just couple months ago the deck dropped now this. So what will happen next???
what is up with ironton

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2012
Love-of-my-life wrote:
Barge hit it and it's falling?
what is new mayb we should put pill doc. or bar,mayb even politition close might get somethin fixed round here! not only bridge its our streets also.and they say they r for the people.really?
Better operators

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Who was operating the boat? It sure makes you wonder about how safe you are anywhere.
Bo Jackson

Ashland, KY

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Better operators wrote:
Who was operating the boat? It sure makes you wonder about how safe you are anywhere.
"Capt Morgan I suppose" Half of the boats employees stay shit faced.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Nope, it was the Mothman operating it.He flipped me the bird as he floated by...

Coincidentally, he may have been drinking Capetian Morgan also.

LOL, I hope the Mothman doesn't have a lawyer. I might get sued for defamation of character.

Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#8 Dec 30, 2012
what is up with ironton wrote:
<quoted text>what is new mayb we should put pill doc. or bar,mayb even politition close might get somethin fixed round here! not only bridge its our streets also.and they say they r for the people.really?
What ????
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Will Munny wrote:
Nope, it was the Mothman operating it.He flipped me the bird as he floated by...

Coincidentally, he may have been drinking Capetian Morgan also.

LOL, I hope the Mothman doesn't have a lawyer. I might get sued for defamation of character.
Not funny...

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 30, 2012
740democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny...
Ah well I tried, but at least 2 people thought it was funny even if I did spell captain wrong. Lighten up a little :). We can't help what happened, but hopefully they open it back up soon. After an extremely thorough check, that is.
Raven

Conneaut Lake, PA

#11 Dec 30, 2012
Only thing holding that bridge up is all the paint and welds the DOT has did over the past 10 yrs. It is out side of the 50 yr life span that the designer put on the bridge. This is the oldest bridge Ohio has spanning the Ohio River. After the last retro fit in 2000 DOT stated it was good for another 10 yrs.

That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge on the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.

A report from the collapse of the sister bridge in Point Pleasent in the 60s said that some could have survived the fall but was trapped by the super structure of the bridge falling on the vehicle and unable to exit the doors. Good Luck but my advice stay away from things that can kill you.
the water will be cold

Sparta, GA

#12 Dec 30, 2012
point pleasant, the silver bridge was a suspension bridge. and traffic was at a stand still on it when it fell. but yes always have doors unlocked and maybe try to roll the window down on the way down. nothing to lose an everything to gain.
Really

Ardsley, NY

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Spell much?
Raven wrote:
Only thing holding that bridge up is all the paint and welds the DOT has did over the past 10 yrs. It is out side of the 50 yr life span that the designer put on the bridge. This is the oldest bridge Ohio has spanning the Ohio River. After the last retro fit in 2000 DOT stated it was good for another 10 yrs.
That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge on the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.
A report from the collapse of the sister bridge in Point Pleasent in the 60s said that some could have survived the fall but was trapped by the super structure of the bridge falling on the vehicle and unable to exit the doors. Good Luck but my advice stay away from things that can kill you.
Blah

Ashland, KY

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Really wrote:
Spell much?
<quoted text>
That person wrote an informative post. You're picking at a spelling mistake?
BatChitCrazy

South Point, OH

#15 Dec 30, 2012
Why do you need a bridge connecting to small towns? Ironton needs to save the bridge money for a new jail and for all the lawsuits a certain city council member keeps filling. No Russell/Ironton bridge, people would see a growth in Coal Grove's business district. Does Coal Grove allow alcohol sales?
doobee

Port Matilda, PA

#16 Dec 30, 2012
Raven wrote:
That bridge is pieced together in an effert to maintain commerce for Russel Ky. Each yr. the DOT does what they call an inspection of the bridge. You can stand under the bridge oyour a whinetn the ohio side and see threw the steel girters from all the rust, but it still is safe? I stopped using that bridge 2 yrs ago. I would rather go across at Ashland then take my chances on I/R bridge. Keep this in mind when you do go across it, be prepared to open your door on your vehicle if something happens.
your a whiner
the water will be cold

Sparta, GA

#17 Dec 30, 2012
BatChitCrazy wrote:
Why do you need a bridge connecting to small towns? Ironton needs to save the bridge money for a new jail and for all the lawsuits a certain city council member keeps filling. No Russell/Ironton bridge, people would see a growth in Coal Grove's business district. Does Coal Grove allow alcohol sales?
without a bridge, where are we gonna get anything? everything we need is across the river.
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

#18 Dec 30, 2012
BatChitCrazy wrote:
Seriously ?????????.
doobee

Port Matilda, PA

#19 Dec 30, 2012
the water will be cold wrote:
<quoted text>without a bridge, where are we gonna get anything? everything we need is across the river.
we have 2 bridges up river you big dummy!!
duh

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 30, 2012
You are batchitcrazy aren't you??? Dimness!!!
BatChitCrazy wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Symmes Valley past Superintendent 30 min Barn Boy 10
Misty murphy 48 min beav 9
How can we bring companies into Ironton? 1 hr DEVIL666 34
, , , Pray Today in May 25, 2018 " " " 1 hr DEVIL666 3
Triplett/Hairston 1 hr Proud Heritage 2
Screwed by trump 2 hr Kevin W Thomas 14
Chad Marshall missing 3 hr bill 10

Ironton Jobs

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages