Lawrence Co EMS
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Why in the hell is our taxed base ems provider not protecting us by doing private transfers for St Marys? Are you serious????? Having a truck from Aid cover ALLLL of IRONTON, SOUTH POINT, AND AID DOES NOT CUT IT!!!!!! What kind of idiots are we paying to protect us by making idiotic decisions like that almost DAILY. Let the private ems places do the private transfers and do what WE are paying YOU to do. How many more codes and DOA'S does there have to be before people start waking up and suing????
simon

Ardsley, NY

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Good question!!!!!
Get a clue

Lancaster, OH

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Concerned, like it or not, the transfers from St. Mary's are not considered private transfers, they are emergency transfers and that's why St. Mary's prefers Lawrence County EMS, the county's emergency ambulance provider, to transfer their patients to St. Mary's in Huntington. Private transfers are trips to the doctor's office, trips to dialysis, trips to nursing homes....you know, scheduled trips. SEOEMS, before LCEMS, used to do emergency transfers from old River Valley Hospital to Columbus and other hospitals all the time.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
haha

Richmond, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2012
No private EMS systems do emergency transfers also, the dedicated 911 service needs to do emergency calls as they are tax based for this service, plus from what I hear from friends working at St Mary's, the County EMS is not the preferred service, cause I'd attitude!!!!
past supporter

Richmond, KY

#5 Sep 26, 2012
I use to be a big supporter of SEOMS not now. If this is the tax payers EMS then why can't they take us to the hospital we request not the closest hospital. It's our tax money that pays workers salaries, equipment and gas why can't we be taken to the hospital we are usually treated not the closest. What happened to all the old workers? I know we need an EMS service but some times old ways aren't so bad.
haha

Richmond, KY

#6 Sep 26, 2012
They make taxpayers go to nearest facility, but out of town people can arrive at St Mary's then get the local Ironton station to take you off to Huntington yeah seems totally messed up
concerned

Wickliffe, OH

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Get a clue.....you need to. They ARE NOT EMERGENCY CALLS. They are PRIVATE CONTRACTED runs dumbass. They are in the care of a physician who deem it necessary to continue further care.......by the contracted by LCEMS.

A week ago, a code in IRONTON was responded to by a truck from AID! FU$KIN AID! How'd that happen? Two trucks were tied up on St Marys transfers and the other on a 911 (a real emergency, not transport ) run.

Did your office call and explain this to the family?
nurse

Pickerington, OH

#8 Sep 26, 2012
concerned wrote:
Get a clue.....you need to. They ARE NOT EMERGENCY CALLS. They are PRIVATE CONTRACTED runs dumbass. They are in the care of a physician who deem it necessary to continue further care.......by the contracted by LCEMS.
A week ago, a code in IRONTON was responded to by a truck from AID! FU$KIN AID! How'd that happen? Two trucks were tied up on St Marys transfers and the other on a 911 (a real emergency, not transport ) run.
Did your office call and explain this to the family?
If this is true, and most likely is, then someone needs his @ss handed to him for letting it happen. Who ever thought THAT was a good idea needs to reevaluate their career choice. Our ambulance services should only be a one way ticket TO the hospital. Not a ride FROM the hospital. There are other services that can be used for that. As far as hospital to hospital transfers... they can call MTS, or Patriot, or Jancare or someone but don't tie up emergency care for the rest of us!
erm

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Sep 26, 2012
TAX dollars? The small sales tax levy that the majority now goes to law enforcement? You people aren't as brilliant or cunning as you think. Your EMS service is now mainly funded by its billing. St Marys transports SAVE TAX MONEY...but by all means, cry like morons until some private service gets that cash for their billing. Or let cabell county come transport them and the people over THERE benefit from it.
Idiots, lol.
erm

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Sep 26, 2012
So....Concerned...are you a dispatcher or employee???
concerned

Wickliffe, OH

#11 Sep 26, 2012
nurse wrote:
<quoted text> If this is true, and most likely is, then someone needs his @ss handed to him for letting it happen. Who ever thought THAT was a good idea needs to reevaluate their career choice. Our ambulance services should only be a one way ticket TO the hospital. Not a ride FROM the hospital. There are other services that can be used for that. As far as hospital to hospital transfers... they can call MTS, or Patriot, or Jancare or someone but don't tie up emergency care for the rest of us!
Very well put!!! I'm not a Topix junkie by any means, nor do I rant and rave over who's doing who or what politician needs impeached. Don't care, don't wanna know. I just know things need adjusted in Law. Co to make sure we have proper ems coverage that we deserve....that's all. Do I think LCEMS is bad for us, absolutely not. I think being in it's infancy, we need to make sure the taxpaying citizens who think they are always protected are in fact protected. There are going to be problems here and there for a while as within any new organization. We don't need problems of contracting with a private entity and tying up valuable emt's/medics. If nothing else, assign a dedicated transport truck for making extra money. But don't leave us hanging.....
concerned

Wickliffe, OH

#12 Sep 26, 2012
Erm, you can seem as witty as you want. I realize there has to be revenue obviously, but at the expense of 20-40 minute response times? Morons? You're right. I shouldn't be mad at all. I'll just move nextdoor to St Marys to make sure Im a priority over the "morons" who are whining over wanting proper ems coverage. You're already sounding like MTS and Patriot, might as well run business like them too.
erm

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Soooo....dispatcher or employee?
erm

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Sep 26, 2012
;)
concerned

Wickliffe, OH

#15 Sep 26, 2012
Ever heard of a scanner?:D

The last thing you need yo do is point fingers at employees. You've got some really awesome people there. Some new, some old school, but all equally valuable to our area.
erm

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Sep 26, 2012
Hmmm...I've got a scanner. It's never told me how many trucks were tied up where! And I only hear alerts on that scanner. Interesting....

Yes, they DO have exceptional employees.
bs

Springfield, NJ

#17 Sep 26, 2012
erm wrote:
Hmmm...I've got a scanner. It's never told me how many trucks were tied up where! And I only hear alerts on that scanner. Interesting....

Yes, they DO have exceptional employees.
So when you hear an alert for the aid truck to respond to Ironton 20 minutes after Ironton trucks are sent to St. Mary's on 141. You don't have to be a dispatcher or employee to figure out that is bad.

Aren't dispatchers and employees still taxpayers and entitled to opinions?

Is everyone who has a different opinion than you a moron, or just on this one topic?
firstofall

United States

#18 Sep 28, 2012
If you people had a clue, you would know that just because the truck is based at the Aid station, does not mean that is where they were when the call was dispatched. When the Ironton trucks are tied up on whatever type of run they have,the other stations move to an area closer to Ironton. Have you people not seen the squads at CG Speedway? They are there to be closer to the area where they are needed. They also have a Supervisor on every shift that can respond along with the squad for additional assistance. Maybe since you all claim to be "taxpayers" you should be lashing out at the welfare population that probably accounts for 80% of BS calls they get.That's why all of the Ironton trucks are tied up because the welfare people abuse the system. I totally support LCEMS, but I would not call ANY ambulance because unlike the welfare population, my insurance that I pay over $500 a month for does not pay for it! I work every day to support this welfare county. If you want to complain about something, complain about why the trucks are always tied up in the first place!
bs

Lexington, KY

#19 Sep 29, 2012
firstofall wrote:
If you people had a clue, you would know that just because the truck is based at the Aid station, does not mean that is where they were when the call was dispatched. When the Ironton trucks are tied up on whatever type of run they have,the other stations move to an area closer to Ironton. Have you people not seen the squads at CG Speedway? They are there to be closer to the area where they are needed. They also have a Supervisor on every shift that can respond along with the squad for additional assistance. Maybe since you all claim to be "taxpayers" you should be lashing out at the welfare population that probably accounts for 80% of BS calls they get.That's why all of the Ironton trucks are tied up because the welfare people abuse the system. I totally support LCEMS, but I would not call ANY ambulance because unlike the welfare population, my insurance that I pay over $500 a month for does not pay for it! I work every day to support this welfare county. If you want to complain about something, complain about why the trucks are always tied up in the first place!
I hate to disappoint you but I do have a clue. I know that the Aid truck is probably sitting in Hecla when it is called out to cover for the Ironton trucks. I also have a clue that leaves both Aid and the Ironton areas with less coverage. The truck you see at Coal Grove is often the South Point truck.

I totally agree the welfare bums are tying up valuable resources and something needs done about it. I also have a clue that it is a not a problem that my complaining or the leadership of Lawrence co can fix. I do believe that adjusting policies to keep more squads in our county is with in reach.

While the original poster did seem to have an attitude, I agree with their intent. Lets keep our units here in county as much as possible. Just because I disagree with these transports does not mean I don't support LCEMS. As a matter of a fact I think they do a great job. I think the county should have dumped SEOEMS a long time ago. I love the colors on the new squads and having a supervisor with a vehicle is an awesome idea.

Thank you LCEMS for your dedication and professionalism.
agreed

Columbus, OH

#20 Oct 1, 2012
I agree the new trucks are cool, but their uniforms are crap. The pants are fine, but the color of the shirts look like they have been washed in Coal Grove water too many times. They should go with Navy or Black. Something that looks more professional. At least when it was SEOEMS, they looked professional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deletions 6 min voter 5
rashee pringle (Jun '10) 15 min Ruthann Robinette 7
Rock hill employee sending nudes to students. 33 min robo 9
IHS head footbaLL coach to be replaced mid seas... 1 hr UDBag 14
How many Yrs will the Dirty Deputy's get lol (Sep '15) 1 hr Please tell me 53
Paul mollet 1 hr DUH 29
Kathy Haskins 1 hr Please tell me 1

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance