United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

OK if im told one more time to put food coloring in my toilet one more time heads our going to roll ok it went $320 to $282 $164 now $134 i had everything checked when i got the $320 bill their is only 3 of us here our bill use to run $120 to $80 now I havent done anything different I didnt put food coloring in the toilet I had no leaks when it was checked so how is it going back down can someone explain it to me cause all they can tell me there is put food coloring in my toilet come Ironton do better
I admit they were right

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

My bill was high after they put the new meters in also. They told me to do the food coloring thing in the tank on my toilets also. Guess what - they were right. My flapper was leaking and water was going down the drain all the time and I did not know it until then. A new $4.00 flapper just saved me many thousands of gallons in wasted water. The new meters caught it while the old ones were not sensitive enough to catch the slight continous leak. Put new flappers on all your toilets and see if your usage doesn't go down by several thousand gallons. It will save you money and arguing.
FTW

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

I admit they were right wrote:
My bill was high after they put the new meters in also. They told me to do the food coloring thing in the tank on my toilets also. Guess what - they were right. My flapper was leaking and water was going down the drain all the time and I did not know it until then. A new $4.00 flapper just saved me many thousands of gallons in wasted water. The new meters caught it while the old ones were not sensitive enough to catch the slight continous leak. Put new flappers on all your toilets and see if your usage doesn't go down by several thousand gallons. It will save you money and arguing.
Which chick is you down at the Water Dept, The white one or black one????????
interesting

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

If u call the mayor he will fix the bill for you...It happen to us we went from $60 to $400 before they put the new meters in..WE also had it checked for leaks and there was none...WE called the mayor directly and he said with only 2 ppl living in a home a water bill should never be that high and he got the bill down to 75 dollars...Try calling him.....He will help you out......
why

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

that's o.k. to get your bill fixed, however the question is "Why was it so high to begin with?"
Hate to admit it

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

FTW wrote:
<quoted text> Which chick is you down at the Water Dept, The white one or black one????????
Neither - I learned a long time ago you get treated better when you act civilized instead of acting stupid. I had to admit to them I was wrong after I said I had no leaks.
sick and tired

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

I admit they were right wrote:
We done that everything is good on are end they need to fix their problem
Hate to admit it

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

By the way - I also hate the high water bills but at least I know what each line is. Don't like it but it is much more than simply water.
fit

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

wth

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ironton Tribune 14 min City licker 2
Ironton Fees (Mar '12) 15 min City licker 4
Ironton water bill (Jan '10) 18 min Hoh 40
ironton water bill 19 min Cxxno more 44
Obama opened up the border 42 min nine mm 209
Good & Bad of Michael Brown Shooting 43 min nine mm 26
Newcomb and Spook 47 min thats right 9
What about the big fight at the rally ? 3 hr Say what 40

Search the Ironton Forum:
•••