Ironton water bills
sick and tired

Huntington, IN

#1 Jan 27, 2012
OK if im told one more time to put food coloring in my toilet one more time heads our going to roll ok it went $320 to $282 $164 now $134 i had everything checked when i got the $320 bill their is only 3 of us here our bill use to run $120 to $80 now I havent done anything different I didnt put food coloring in the toilet I had no leaks when it was checked so how is it going back down can someone explain it to me cause all they can tell me there is put food coloring in my toilet come Ironton do better
I admit they were right

Ashland, KY

#2 Jan 28, 2012
My bill was high after they put the new meters in also. They told me to do the food coloring thing in the tank on my toilets also. Guess what - they were right. My flapper was leaking and water was going down the drain all the time and I did not know it until then. A new $4.00 flapper just saved me many thousands of gallons in wasted water. The new meters caught it while the old ones were not sensitive enough to catch the slight continous leak. Put new flappers on all your toilets and see if your usage doesn't go down by several thousand gallons. It will save you money and arguing.
FTW

Ironton, OH

#3 Jan 28, 2012
I admit they were right wrote:
My bill was high after they put the new meters in also. They told me to do the food coloring thing in the tank on my toilets also. Guess what - they were right. My flapper was leaking and water was going down the drain all the time and I did not know it until then. A new $4.00 flapper just saved me many thousands of gallons in wasted water. The new meters caught it while the old ones were not sensitive enough to catch the slight continous leak. Put new flappers on all your toilets and see if your usage doesn't go down by several thousand gallons. It will save you money and arguing.
Which chick is you down at the Water Dept, The white one or black one????????
interesting

Ashland, KY

#4 Jan 28, 2012
If u call the mayor he will fix the bill for you...It happen to us we went from $60 to $400 before they put the new meters in..WE also had it checked for leaks and there was none...WE called the mayor directly and he said with only 2 ppl living in a home a water bill should never be that high and he got the bill down to 75 dollars...Try calling him.....He will help you out......
why

United States

#5 Jan 28, 2012
that's o.k. to get your bill fixed, however the question is "Why was it so high to begin with?"
Hate to admit it

Ashland, KY

#6 Jan 28, 2012
FTW wrote:
<quoted text> Which chick is you down at the Water Dept, The white one or black one????????
Neither - I learned a long time ago you get treated better when you act civilized instead of acting stupid. I had to admit to them I was wrong after I said I had no leaks.
sick and tired

Ashland, KY

#7 Jan 28, 2012
I admit they were right wrote:
We done that everything is good on are end they need to fix their problem
Hate to admit it

Ashland, KY

#8 Jan 28, 2012
By the way - I also hate the high water bills but at least I know what each line is. Don't like it but it is much more than simply water.
fit

Richmond, KY

#9 Jan 14, 2013
wth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Road House 23 min You dont love you... 5
Play Pokemon Go and Go meet New People 25 min Willard 10
Billy Harper 3 hr Have You Heard 53
Murder 650 strip mines 3 hr Have You Heard 10
North Ironton tragedy years ago (Dec '10) 7 hr irememberwell! 154
nees to find 8 hr ironton here 3
Shane Arthur (Mar '11) 9 hr Ironton 8

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance