How can Christians vote Obama?
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DemsRule12

Ashland, KY

#102 Oct 6, 2012
Yep, it would be cool to have a president who wears magic underwear, doesn't believe in the trinity or the concept of grace, and believes Adam and Eve lived in the woods in Missouri. That would be....different.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#103 Oct 6, 2012
so you believe in jesus and you're a christian. that makes muslims christians as well, right? or how about the branch davidians. they believed in jesus, he was living with them.
or are you saying that because they believe jesus died on the cross for their sins that you and they are just the same. you are not. because they don't believe that. they believe jesus was the son of god, which makes him exactly like all of us. we are all god's children (literally they believe all men are created from spirits of children born to god's many wives) and as such jesus is just like all other men. they do believe he was a prophet. they do believe he died on the cross. they don't believe that believing that is enough to get into the upper reaches of heaven. if it makes you feel any better they believe your non mormon priest teaches a false religion and is a servant of satan.

you keep saying they're just like you and yet you haven't got a clue what they preach or teach at all do you. they don't even believe in the immaculate conception. they believe mary literally physically had sex with god on earth and as such was not a virgin. although they believe god has many wives anyway. JUST LIKE YOU RIGHT
OldPaths

Essen, Germany

#104 Oct 6, 2012
I take a Mormon over a moron.
I take a Mormon over a Marxist.
I take a Mormon over a Muslim.

Obama does not believe in America. He thinks and acts like a leftist European but has no appreciation for individual rights, American exceptionalism, the Constitution, life, liberty, faith, family etc.

Friends don't let friends vote for Obama:
http://youtu.be/U0bzKKtaEbM
DemsRule12

Ashland, KY

#105 Oct 6, 2012
Oh, please. He's the poster boy for American exceptionalism. What were the odds of a black kid who grew up poor becoming president? So he doesn't "believe in America" or in the constitution? OldPaths, there are other TV stations besides FOX. Seriously. Check it out.
Karol

Czeladz, Poland

#106 Oct 6, 2012
how can they vote this Romney, who is sectarian antichristian, liar, prowar monger? It is not wise.
mee
#107 Oct 7, 2012
i know it says in the bible not to judge any one its gods job to do that so how can u judge other ppls faith or obama???????
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#108 Oct 7, 2012
mee wrote:
i know it says in the bible not to judge any one its gods job to do that so how can u judge other ppls faith or obama???????
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:9
Do you really actually have any idea what the bible says about anything at all? Have you ever opened it up and read it from start to finish without someone standing over your shoulder interupting you every two verses and making you skip ahead to another book written by another guy one thousand years later just to make it say what he wants it too?

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man 1 Corithians 2:15.-the righteous are allowed to stand in judgement of the iniquitous. convenient from the perspective that you're rightous and everyone else isn't.

You make judgements every single day of your life. Every opinion you hold on every single matter in life is a judgement you came to based on your understanding of the matter at hand. Denying it is an example of poor judgement skills.
Snowman

Ashland, KY

#110 Oct 7, 2012
DemsRule12 wrote:
Oh, please. He's the poster boy for American exceptionalism. What were the odds of a black kid who grew up poor becoming president? So he doesn't "believe in America" or in the constitution? OldPaths, there are other TV stations besides FOX. Seriously. Check it out.
Obama did not grow up poor.....he grew up middle class and traveled over the world.

What were the odds of a white kid becoming the President with only community organizer experience if Obama were white?

Most Republicans do not watch Fox News on a regular basis because they are too busy working and supporting the Liberals on all the big government social programs.
Marsha

Ashland, KY

#111 Oct 7, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:9
Do you really actually have any idea what the bible says about anything at all? Have you ever opened it up and read it from start to finish without someone standing over your shoulder interupting you every two verses and making you skip ahead to another book written by another guy one thousand years later just to make it say what he wants it too?
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man 1 Corithians 2:15.-the righteous are allowed to stand in judgement of the iniquitous. convenient from the perspective that you're rightous and everyone else isn't.
You make judgements every single day of your life. Every opinion you hold on every single matter in life is a judgement you came to based on your understanding of the matter at hand. Denying it is an example of poor judgement skills.
Judge the sin.....not the sinner.

We cannot see into a person's heart if they are truly saved....just as they cannot know our heart and true salvation. Only Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd knows His sheep from others.

Churches are only buildings...it is the people that matter. We should love and forgive as we are forgiven. We all make mistakes and not one person on earth understands all of the Bible.
wtfever

Lancaster, OH

#112 Oct 7, 2012
Marsha wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge the sin.....not the sinner.
We cannot see into a person's heart if they are truly saved....just as they cannot know our heart and true salvation. Only Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd knows His sheep from others.
Churches are only buildings...it is the people that matter. We should love and forgive as we are forgiven. We all make mistakes and not one person on earth understands all of the Bible.
While judge the sin and not the sinner is a nice sentiment, life doesn't work like that. You don't deem murder an evil act reviled by society and let a murderer go free. You judge a man by his actions. You cannot seperate sin/evil/anti-social behavior from the person who commits these acts. Doing so would be absolutely ignorant of the reality of how people behave and operate.
The only thing I take from the good book is "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" or the golden rule as it's better known do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not an exclusively christian philosophy. However I take it a step further. Do unto others as they have done unto you. Reap what you sow. I only give respect when i receive respect. ergo the shit that comes out of my mouth on this site.
Bah

United States

#115 Oct 8, 2012
President George Washington said in his farewell address, "Reason and experience both forbid us that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." John Adams, America's second president, said, "The United States Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."
IMHO these 2 men had more common sense, and far more patriotism than most of the politicians today can even fathom. And were far,far less corrupt.
I can't really help the nagging feeling I get, when reading our forefathers words...is that they would have been calling for another American revolution. Or call it another civil war, or a revolt against a corrupt government. Sadly, I am conflicted. Part of me says they are right, let's start anew. But that takes sacrifice, one that they gave for our independence. Unfortunately, we have let ourselves be followers of a corrupt machine. And one that is entirely out of control.
The only hope we have now, is in our vote. As Christians. As Patriots. Or just as citizens in concern of the welfare of our country. In the ideal hypothetical situation, I suppose, we could pencil in our vote for the politicians not affiliated with either major political party, and get them to start the healing process from the inside that we need most desperately need. Unfortunately that is not realistic solution.
Both parties had a major hand in the recession. Both parties, starting back decades ago, came to decisions that lead us to where we are right now.
Sad. Even sadder, is the 2 piss poor candidates that we have to choose from. I chose capitalism over socialism. But the way things are going now, if we all continue under the current administration, no one will have any money left. We've printed it so much anyway, and nothing is there to back it up. The only thing really there is some ideal land with a bunch of ticked off citizens who will make trouble for you if you actually try to claim it. Isn't that right, China? And isn't this what got us in trouble essentially? Promising what's not really there, via the housing collapse? Encouraging people to borrow, borrow at reduced interest rates with no way to back it up. We see how that's worked out.
As you can probably tell, I'm discouraged. And there is little sign of improvement. But when most economy experts prefer Romney over Obama (even though begrudgingly) I have to think he's going to be our best chance of survival.
Montana

Ashland, KY

#116 Oct 9, 2012
wtfever wrote:
<quoted text>While judge the sin and not the sinner is a nice sentiment, life doesn't work like that. You don't deem murder an evil act reviled by society and let a murderer go free. You judge a man by his actions. You cannot seperate sin/evil/anti-social behavior from the person who commits these acts. Doing so would be absolutely ignorant of the reality of how people behave and operate.
The only thing I take from the good book is "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" or the golden rule as it's better known do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not an exclusively christian philosophy. However I take it a step further. Do unto others as they have done unto you. Reap what you sow. I only give respect when i receive respect. ergo the shit that comes out of my mouth on this site.
Romans 12:19 (King James Version)

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
christian

Westland, MI

#117 Oct 9, 2012
I am a christian and I could never vote for someone who approves of abortion and thinks marriage between 2 men or 2 women should be legal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ironton Schools looking for Superintendent 5 min Tigers 35
Is Dale Cade out of prison 3 hr Their useless 8
For Black People 5 hr morning black coffie 187
Frank Norris- BUSTED! (Aug '11) 11 hr just the facts 119
Super Dean is going away 11 hr just the facts 32
no MLK proclamation 15 hr james earl ray day 3
Waldo fires 80 % of staff 18 hr tigger 25
Special Board Meeting Mon smeller 41

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages