The "NEW" Rock Hill
top dog

Columbus, OH

#21 Oct 28, 2011
I too remember having to go early to get a seat at a football game, everyone waiting on Friday night to get here to go see football, but after 4 years of sitting watching these boys get beat over and over it gets pretty old. Like the academic scores, what a shame to see Rock Hill at the bottom of everything. My husband and myself are both graduates of RHHS and we both love it as alumni, but I too am in agreement that it is time for new all the way around from school board to coaching staff. What have we got to lose? I would love to be able to go to the games again and see good competition, not all one sided, how could this not be heartbreaking week after week for these boys who practice and work out all year long? We have beautiful schools, great facilities and now lets do what is right and put proper people in place, on the board and on the coaching staff. Lets make it once more the ROCK HILL it use to be. The one we all loved and was proud of. It is time for the old to go and give the new a chance to turn our school around!
FOOTBALL GURU

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#22 Oct 31, 2011
Well we won 2 games again. Beating two teams who had a combined record of 2-18. I AGREE....GET RID OF BOARD MEMBERS SITES AND JENKINS...we can't make a difference in alot of things, but we can this!
concerned parent too

United States

#23 Oct 31, 2011
I agree we do need changes but I don't think you should point out any students. It is not their fault and those group of seniors are all good kids. Make it about what it really is about. We need a new board now!!!!! How many games did you see our board members in attendance?? Does our board believe our kids deserve a better education and coaches...... no not really....I don't believe it is just about athletics either. Our academics are not much better than the sports. I think the reason why we take any kids from other schools is to try to keep up our numbers. Look how many kids we lose each year and no I am not speaking of sports. They keeping telling us we are improving year after year but how long does it take we are still one of the lowest in the district. So my suggestion is this stop complaining and do something about it. Vote them out and try to encourage new people to run!!!!!!!!!!
der furhrer

Crooksville, OH

#25 Nov 2, 2011
did you ever think your kids are not as good as you think they are dumbass
FTW

Richmond, KY

#26 Nov 2, 2011
Hitler is right. What are you people going to do ? Adopt you some new kids with some TALENT! Hell can't blame everything on the coaches. You people breed some very uncordinated kids out there that even have a hard time finding their ass to wipe it after they shit. I know one talent I have seen over the years that RH and CG both are good at, Hitting a vein!
Parent and redmen fan

Columbus, OH

#27 Nov 2, 2011
TIRED OF IT wrote:
I agree we had our share of injuries but we had our whole team when we played Zane Trace and got out coached from 1st qt to the 4th qt. We were the better team position for position, and if you know anything about football you had to see that. A good coaching staff will take a lesser team and win games or at least be competative with teams that are better than us. I don't mind getting beat if we are fighting a good battle, but we are down 30 at half time. Piss poor offense, no tackling, will not use players how they need to. I could go on and on and I am not by myself on this. You can talk to any of the RH fans that know football and they are saying the same thing and the school board needs to do something about it. The school deserves better, the players deserve better, the parents deserve better, and the fans deserve better.
Uhm, thats what all the "Rock Hill" fans said when Andy Hall was head coach with his losing seasons. People said, the kids can't tackel, offense was poor,and he could not coach. I bet Jackson appreciates him a whole lot more than the so called "Rock Hill" fans did. It will never matter what RH does regarding football because there will always be "those fans" who think they know more about football than the staff and will always bad mouth the staff. When RH had a few winning seasons and playoff runs a few years ago, the same crap was being said. It will not change because for every one true RH fan (like me) there are about five pathetic ones.
What is this

United States

#28 Nov 2, 2011
Parent and redmen fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm, thats what all the "Rock Hill" fans said when Andy Hall was head coach with his losing seasons. People said, the kids can't tackel, offense was poor,and he could not coach. I bet Jackson appreciates him a whole lot more than the so called "Rock Hill" fans did. It will never matter what RH does regarding football because there will always be "those fans" who think they know more about football than the staff and will always bad mouth the staff. When RH had a few winning seasons and playoff runs a few years ago, the same crap was being said. It will not change because for every one true RH fan (like me) there are about five pathetic ones.
Truth
I bet Andy hall looks back on his days at RH a thanks God every day that some idiots led him to leave. He now leads the top program (these last few years) in all of southern Ohio. The only difference between that crew was they actually had a set of balls and did voice their opinion and stand by them at board meetings. The people slamming Knipp and staff hide in the shadows of the internet and lack backbone. Board meeting is November 7, go voice your complaints. Course, there won't be any...maybe a confidential call or two to the super or a board member...thats it. Most people can see lack of numbers and injuries have played a huge part in the season, others just love turmoil and being miserable to complain about something.
UNHEARD VOICE

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#29 Nov 2, 2011
It's interesting to read all these comments, but we are getting off track. There are other threads to talk about only the football program. We are talking about academics, all sports at high school level, fan support, and leadership! We need improvement in all of the above. I have supported RH in every way you can think of, but enough is enough. All I'm suggesting is that if we as RH fans want things to change for the better, NOW is the time to start.
WE DESERVE BETTER

United States

#30 Nov 3, 2011
I agree with unheard voice....we need to make changes now it is not just about sports.....make your voice heard on election day....Sites and Hankins needs to go.......
UNHEARD VOICE

United States

#31 Nov 9, 2011
Election results in!! A great step in the right direction!!! A new board member was elected in place of SItes.
JABJ

Martinsburg, WV

#32 Nov 9, 2011
Unheard Voice and We deserve better!

I hope you voted instead oh hiding behind your computer with your dick in your hand!

The real problem with the football team is the coach and AD!
Bob Wilds needs to get out! Bob McCollister needs to go!
Todd Knipp needs to grow a pair and get out from under McCollister!
As for board members, change is always good but I doubt Jenkins or Sites have much control over athletics. Schools are for education first!

Give them credit they got rid of LE!!
That change was needed and has made a difference! I am sure that the elected board members will do just fine!
Really

Richmond, KY

#33 Nov 9, 2011
RH ALUMNI wrote:
I moved away after graduation and had not seen a Rock Hill game in 9 years. I went to a game this year when I was in town visiting and I couldn't believe what I saw. Where are the fans? What happened to the Pride of Lawrence County band? And we can barely win a game? When I played we had the bigger fan base in the area. Something has changed for the worse. To fall completely off in 9 years like it has, if changes are not made now, there may not be a Rock Hill soon.
s
Do you really want to know. Corruption, Scott Jones destroyed The Pride of Lawrence County, what a band that was for over 2 decades but because he likes little girls the band and its standing was ruined. Thanks to Nick Basham working hard the band is trying to rebuild its reputation. We are thankful he came in there after such a controversy and try to repair the program. The fan base of Rock Hill has declined due to not winning and poor performances. THe crowd loves a winner not losers at every sport. Who wants to go and pay money to watch that for entertainment.
UNHEARD VOICE

United States

#34 Nov 10, 2011
You better believe I voted. And I agree alot with your statement, but the board has appointed so many people to a position that they should not be in. Bob has no control of who comes and goes. And I'm a huge sports fan, but again let's remember, I'm not only talking about sports.
JABJ

Martinsburg, WV

#35 Nov 10, 2011
UNHEARD VOICE wrote:
You better believe I voted. And I agree alot with your statement, but the board has appointed so many people to a position that they should not be in. Bob has no control of who comes and goes. And I'm a huge sports fan, but again let's remember, I'm not only talking about sports.
I agree! But Bob M. and Todd and Bob Wilds have been in their positions way before any of these board members except for Jenkins!

Hopefully Wes will begin bringing in new blood.
Let's hope anyway, not only coaches but teachers and an Elementary Principal!
Sorry bout the derogatory comment... My bad..
Newsflash

United States

#36 Nov 10, 2011
SB5 was defeated...exactley where is all this money coming from to bring in new coaches and teachers? The district is shrinking, just like many others around like Portsmouth, South Point, and even Ironton. Some schools are barely existing like Green.

As far as bring in a new coach, didn't Oak Hill bring in a new coach after two great seasons? Was that guy the best they could do? They won like 2 games and RH killed them...my point being, with limited resources and dwindling enrollment in this area, what kind of coach is going to come to this area at this time with no teaching jobs available? I have been told there are 5 or 6 teachers who were let go last year that have first dibs on any openings...same with cooks, aides, and janitors. I have also heard that more cuts are coming.
UNHEARD VOICE

United States

#37 Nov 11, 2011
That's a good point. But I'm only wishing that we get rid of the teachers, coaches, and any other employees that should not be in that position to begin with. We keep coming back to sports, but test scores for the school are among the lowest in the county. My point is, low test scores might not be quite as bad if we were sacrificing them for a good sports program or vice-verca but we are among the bottom in everything. The money or at least alot if it would come from getting rid of those people. And I know it's not an overnight project, but it has to start somewhere. And you are correct about Jenkins. She has been there a long time, and everyone knows that she runs the show. In my opinion she should be next to go. Oh and Oak Hill had a coach who quit and run when he lost all his talent. He had a nationally ranked quarterback and loads of talent. Now they are back to being normal so he got outta there.
UNHEARD VOICE

United States

#38 Nov 11, 2011
I agree! I hope you're right.:)
Facts

Ashland, KY

#39 Nov 12, 2011
Rock Hill test scores are not the lowest in the county so you need to get your facts straight... The sports programs are bad though.
UNHEARD VOICE

United States

#40 Nov 12, 2011
Grades 9-12 are among the lowest in the county. Maybe not THE lowest in all categories, but they are close!! I know the facts, I hear them regularly!!
Facts

Ashland, KY

#41 Nov 12, 2011
Well then they are not the lowest..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge race offtcial 22 min two in the stink 3
Can we please move passed religion? 1 hr brother love 126
Anyone get woke up by the recent shootings? 1 hr BillDonahue 13
Family Court Lawyers 1 hr PBT 1
Wanting to buy drainage pipe or culvert 2 hr The Truth 3
Coal grove ovc champions 3 hr KArma 34
Billy Harper 3 hr Fat lip 6

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance