First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bruno

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 28, 2009
As a resident of this town I would love to know who the genious was that made the decision to post local traffic only signs on both ends of Thompson Lane? This is possible the largest waste of tax payer expence I have ever observed. I truely hope that the residence of Arcadia agree with me that this road connects two major highways and should be utilized by anyone who wishes. From everything I have been told the decision to keep all people from utilizing this road (other than the residence) is one of the local Arcadia alderman that lives on this particular road! Is it just me or is this possible some form of abuse of your elected position? If all of the good people of Arcadia, Pilot Knob and Ironton using this road somehow lower your property value? I personally find this amuzing! I have now made it my personal mission in life to use this road whenever possible and giggle like a school girl when I do it! What a joke!!!!! As a resident of this town I take voting on local elections very seriously and I would like to encourage all the good people of our community to now do the same! Lets quit wating our tax money to pay elected officials to fulfill their own personal agendas.
to bigbrthor

Bonne Terre, MO

#2 Nov 28, 2009
i'm with you . every one should go out of their way to use this road vote them out
just me

Foristell, MO

#3 Nov 29, 2009
stay away we dont want your kind on our street !
Bruno

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 30, 2009
Hey Dumb A&$ your street is not a dead end lane. It is a public road that connects two major highways. You do not own the right to use it just because you own a home there. If that is the case you need to stay off of every other street in town. Go and rake your Aldermans yard and maybe she will give you permission to use other streets or even put a stop sign in your driveway!!!!

Its me

United States

#5 Dec 1, 2009
I think that many people choose not have other traffic on the road because there are a lot of small children that play there and MANY people, not saying you, that don't stop at the stop signs and go about 50 miles an hour when they are on the road. My mom lives on the corner of one of the streets and my daughter is often there playing outside in the yard. If she were to get too close to the road and someone didn't stop at the sign, she could get hit. When I am there, I can say that I notice only about 2 out of 10 abide by the stop signs and posted speed limit. THIS is why some people may not want other traffic on the road.
dont worrie about it

Galesburg, IL

#6 Dec 2, 2009
if all u idoits speeding down thomps lane would slow down the city would b trying thins 2 deter people i got a better idea[[[[[[[speed bumps]]]]] they got my vote
abc

Wentzville, MO

#7 Dec 2, 2009
what kind of person let their small children play in the street anyway? A poor one.This is a main street beteen two main hwy's.the people that live there would like it no one in the world knew about it,I wish that no one went up or down my street but me to.maybe the city could put speed bumps on every street in town.I know, when it snow's just don't plow that street, nobody will us it then.
Bruno

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 Dec 2, 2009
Seriously, the only reason I chose to post this blog was for the reason that this is truely funny. I did not intend to hurt anyones feeling regarding Thompson Lane. I grew up in Arcadia and have traveled this street for all of my life and I in no way intend to stop now!!! I am now a resident of Ironton and I could not agree more with ABC. We would all love for the streets we live on to be private for residence only however, that is not fair to anyone that lives in Arcadia, Ironton or Pilot Knob their tax money goes for the maintainance of all of these roads. The only gripe that I have is that some elected person that resides on this street is using their position for this sole purpose and I find it wrong. The police force are constatly being forced to monitor this particular area as if the rest of Arcadia somehow does not matter and that is wrong. The rest of the good people of Arcadia are entitled to the same rights as the residents of Thompson Lane!
IronMan

Saint James, MO

#9 Dec 3, 2009
L0ocal traffic only signs can mean different things to different people. Local can mean only the people on that street or Locals in the area. Most people that aren't local don't even know the road connects. So, maybe that's what the signs were put there for, to keep the out of towners offthe street.?????? IDK
Bruno

Moscow Mills, MO

#10 Dec 3, 2009
This all seems so very simple yet people can't seem to get this! This is really not about traffic although I feel like locals or out of towners can and should use it simply due to the fact it connects two major highways. It is merely as I have stated before it is about people abusing authoriy for their personal gains! Also when I enter another town I would like to feel like I am welcome to utilize their streets even though I am a so called out of towner?
next vote

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#11 Dec 4, 2009
all this talk about the signs the problem is speeding let put speed bumps does anybody have a problem with that? And city board i know where u can the the material for this riverside dr and around the block i dont know whos idea this was the boards or the contracter but it sucks its dusty,dirty,nasty.we had a blaktop road now we have a gravel one.does anybody agree?
abc

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 4, 2009
why do you need speed bumps on a gravel road?
hear is your sign.
next vote

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 4, 2009
take gravel off riverside make speed bumps for thom lane heres ur sign xyz
abc

Wentzville, MO

#14 Dec 4, 2009
If you take the gravel off of riverside, then you will have a mud riverside road. I guess you will still want a speedbump.that will slow them down and give your kid's a place to play.I hate the sign's around school's that say "slow children at play" thay should not make fun of the slow children, they can't help it if they are slow.
next vote

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 4, 2009
abc wrote:
If you take the gravel off of riverside, then you will have a mud riverside road. I guess you will still want a speedbump.that will slow them down and give your kid's a place to play.I hate the sign's around school's that say "slow children at play" thay should not make fun of the slow children, they can't help it if they are slow.
abc why dont u gat a life......
next vote

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 4, 2009
WHAT DOES ABC STAND FOR ALREADY BEEN CIRCUMSIZED HA HA HA HA HA U FOOL
abc

Wentzville, MO

#17 Dec 6, 2009
NEXT VOTE: I don't pick on the handycapted,so I am done with you dog.when you get of the short bus I will talk to you. I hope don't get stuck in a mudhole on your gravel road and become your own speedbump.
Bruno

Moscow Mills, MO

#18 Dec 6, 2009
From everything I have been told a certain Arcadia Alderman has read my comments regarding her beloved road!! I love striking nerves when the truth is told!!! Well Mrs. Alderman now that the truth has been revealed let it go!! The good people of Arcadia know the truth and as I have stated before deserve to have their streets patroled by the police. While I am at it quit punishing your neighbor and get that sign out of the boarder of his yard so he may park two cars their again. I love driving down your street. If I were you I would make the city pave your driveway before the next election! You might as well get all you can before you leave your position! Ha Ha!
friend

Wright City, MO

#19 Dec 9, 2009
abc wrote:
why do you need speed bumps on a gravel road?
hear is your sign.
this is true
citizenofironco

Moscow Mills, MO

#20 Dec 18, 2009
I saw the Sheriff's Office out there last week and one deputy stopped like 20 cars on that road. I am impressed...I see that they are trying to stop the crazy drivers on that road....way to go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john goldon Sat sissy 3
Building Inspections Sat sassy 12
COLARS "Animal Rescue" Sat Chicken lover 9 6
wondering Apr 29 just me 1
News 'Ghost Asylum' Recap for Old Ironton Psychiatri... (Oct '14) Apr 28 A different angry... 17
baddest b*tches in ironton (Jul '14) Apr 26 Smh 10
Can anyone tell any info on Kenny Callahan Apr 25 JustMe 15
More from around the web

Ironton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]