Are pitbulls banned in Ironton?

Are pitbulls banned in Ironton?

Posted in the Ironton Forum

Question

Farmington, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2012
I've been trying to find out because some asshole animal control douche stopped at my house and said I had 5 days to relocate my dog due to a city ordinance. Where can I look at this ordinance myself? Cops have been out at my house several times over the last few months and never said anything about my dog, they even complimented him. I've lived here for 5 months and had my dog the whole time and now I'm getting told this?
ban

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Yes there is a law prohibiting them from being in the city, so get it out.
ban

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Also you may want to watch what you say on here it can be considered slander since the animal control guy is hired by the police... Just saying if he sees that he will know who you are...

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#4 Nov 13, 2012
ban wrote:
Also you may want to watch what you say on here it can be considered slander since the animal control guy is hired by the police... Just saying if he sees that he will know who you are...
Can I call the Animal Control Guy a poopy-headed meanie?
I think I'm pretty safe..
Question

Farmington, MO

#5 Nov 13, 2012
So where can I look at the ordinance?
ban

United States

#6 Nov 14, 2012
City hall will have a copy...
Pit bull

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Yes, sadly, they are. Many have been taken away in the city because of this. It is sad, because they can be fantastic dogs, they just have a bad rap. You can go in city hall, and they can give you a copy of the ordinance. As unfair as it is, it has been like that in Ironton for years and years. They are also not the only dog listed on the ordinance either. I believe Rotts are on there to.

Farmington, MO

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Good. That dog needs taken away. I have seen them do evil things. They should not be allowed in CITY limits. Take them outta neighborhoods and make it safe for others.
ignorance

Festus, MO

#9 Nov 15, 2012
Maybe they should start banning people too. Humans do more damage than dogs. I'm thinking the law needs to be focusing on a more important matter- all the thefts & drug usage.

The Gloop

Since: Sep 08

#10 Nov 15, 2012
ignorance wrote:
Maybe they should start banning people too. Humans do more damage than dogs. I'm thinking the law needs to be focusing on a more important matter- all the thefts & drug usage.
...gloop...
meeeeee
#11 Dec 19, 2012
Its how they r raised. If u raise a dog to tear up another dog or to tear up people, thats what they will do!!! You raise them right and they will be your best friend. Ive had pits all of my life and they have been fantastic dogs. Never hurt me, my kids, nor anyone else!! They are very loyal!! think before u speak.
the dog

Brookfield, CT

#12 Dec 20, 2012
pit bull are OK its there owners who should be banned in ironton
LEWDCRUDETATTOOE D

Hume, MO

#13 Feb 12, 2013
It dont take much to try to change the ordinance...A class I had in college somebody used that actual ordinance for their project... there are steps to try to get it changed if meet the requirements..it is an old ordinance and an outdated one in my opinion... just nobody has challeneged it much the proper way that i know of... I know there would be a lot of supporters for the change... People are finally realizing it is not the pitbull breed that is the problem but the owner... which is really true of any breed.... I come from a family of pit lovers/supporters so I wish you the best of luck on keeping your pit...
school adviser

Brookfield, CT

#14 Feb 12, 2013
I doubt It

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hospital closing (Dec '15) 8 hr BJC 9
Tabitha Gallaher 16 hr wondering 2
Ryan Esselman (Nov '13) 21 hr Non ya 20
Firechief Requirements Thu fire-fly's mom 4
jerry reexes Feb 21 Superfly 7
Fort Davidson Resturant Feb 21 Carrot Top 46
who do u think isthe hottest guy in town (Mar '09) Feb 20 SOUTHSIDE 47

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance