Arcadia Valley Youth Summer League Ba...

Arcadia Valley Youth Summer League Baseball

Posted in the Ironton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 9, 2010
Why is it that only one of the four board members is allowed to coach a baseball team? Why is it that his team is also VERY stacked? Just how are the teams divided up? From what I am told John Minks (that very board member in question) was the one to divide up the teams. Not one of the other board members participated. Why is it that he is the only coach to get back members from his team last year when none of the other returning coaches did? Why is it that not one of the coaches this year at the coaches' meeting were given a set of rules but told the rules were the same as last year? But...the rules are never followed? Why do they constantly changes as John Minks sees fit? Why are executive decisions regarding the summer league made by John and never consulted with other board members? Is this a "one man ego show"? Why is it that when an issue is presented with John that does not agree with what he says, his response is, "Oh well! If the parents don't like it they can take their fu****g kid and leave!" How sportsmanlike and professional is this? Why is he allowed to throw fits like a little kid and not control is NASTY temper and continue to be one the board? How exactly is the board elected? Is there an annual board members meeting where other have the chance to be on the board if they choose? NO! So...I say how is the following the annual bi-laws and committee rules and regulations that they supposedly have adopted and put into effect? Do they print an annual report and make it available to the general public on how the funds are spent as non-for-profit organizations are required to do? Why is it that the woman in charge of the finances and checking was convicted of passing bad checks and placed on probation and parole for this? But...she is allowed to be in charge of the funds of this organization? Does no one is this town ever ask questions? Go on case.net and look some of the board members up. I think it is about time that some people in this town start opening their eyes and asking questions. I know I am and I plan on trying to get on the board if they will ever answer your questions honestly. I don' t think that is possible when all John Minks can do is run the league unfairly.
Get over yourself

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 10, 2010
asaddenparent wrote:
Why is it that only one of the four board members is allowed to coach a baseball team? Why is it that his team is also VERY stacked? Just how are the teams divided up? From what I am told John Minks (that very board member in question) was the one to divide up the teams. Not one of the other board members participated. Why is it that he is the only coach to get back members from his team last year when none of the other returning coaches did? Why is it that not one of the coaches this year at the coaches' meeting were given a set of rules but told the rules were the same as last year? But...the rules are never followed? Why do they constantly changes as John Minks sees fit? Why are executive decisions regarding the summer league made by John and never consulted with other board members? Is this a "one man ego show"? Why is it that when an issue is presented with John that does not agree with what he says, his response is, "Oh well! If the parents don't like it they can take their fu****g kid and leave!" How sportsmanlike and professional is this? Why is he allowed to throw fits like a little kid and not control is NASTY temper and continue to be one the board? How exactly is the board elected? Is there an annual board members meeting where other have the chance to be on the board if they choose? NO! So...I say how is the following the annual bi-laws and committee rules and regulations that they supposedly have adopted and put into effect? Do they print an annual report and make it available to the general public on how the funds are spent as non-for-profit organizations are required to do? Why is it that the woman in charge of the finances and checking was convicted of passing bad checks and placed on probation and parole for this? But...she is allowed to be in charge of the funds of this organization? Does no one is this town ever ask questions? Go on case.net and look some of the board members up. I think it is about time that some people in this town start opening their eyes and asking questions. I know I am and I plan on trying to get on the board if they will ever answer your questions honestly. I don' t think that is possible when all John Minks can do is run the league unfairly.
Why is that all you do is get on here and complain? Get over it, and do something about things. All you do is get on here and gripe, on every subject you can find on here! Its getting old. Quit complaining and fix these problems..All you are doing are sitting back on your computer and preaching to the internet communty...and we are all sick of hearing you!
parent

Wentzville, MO

#3 Jun 10, 2010
I wonder if the reason why John Minks is doing everything is maybe no one else wants to. I have noticed that some kids related to him play on leagues that they are not old enough to be on.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 10, 2010
Get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that all you do is get on here and complain? Get over it, and do something about things. All you do is get on here and gripe, on every subject you can find on here! Its getting old. Quit complaining and fix these problems..All you are doing are sitting back on your computer and preaching to the internet communty...and we are all sick of hearing you!
Well thank you for your enlightenment. I do plan on trying to get on the board for your information. If you don't like to hear logical complaints then why are you on here? It is YOUR choice to log on to hear and read what people write. If you are sick of reading it then stay off of here. NO ONE forces you to log on or become a member do they? Is someone hold a gun to your head or hostage? If you don't like it then stay off of here. Thanks again for your complaining session. I hope you have a wonderful day!
ironton chick

Chancellor, AL

#5 Jun 10, 2010
Other people would like to help but are told they cant. It is an ego trip with John. That is why the rules are never followed and exceptions are always made especially for John's friends and family.
fair ball

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 10, 2010
yes that is true i dont have a child, on the teams but i do play fair that is what is hard for me to see. i do go to the games and see it is not fair yes the team were not chosen fair and you now in your heart that you did pick your team but if you dont feel ashamed about it then you will have along sad life when your child if he is not chosen.AS THEY SAY WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND YOU CANT CONTROLL FAITH> SO SAD to be fair each player should be assigned a number and all the coaches choose a number No board members given the numbers. give the numbers to the coaches at one time not even the board pres knows the numbers
the night of picking the teams.( not the teams chosen and a board member takes it home and redo the teams to stack his team or choose a team just with certain players on it for you or your friends so sad get a heart and think of all the players with all abitities. sorry to see this happen with you your child is so young.sorry for the miss spelled words but you cant controll everything
bill whited

United States

#9 Jun 10, 2010
ya know that i myself think that john minks is one hell of a person to take the lob he is doing with the kids when you have people who sit and grip about this and that and i dont care who knows that i wrote this im not scared my name is bill whited and thank john for what he is doing my son will play ball in a few years and i hope and pray that some one will step up and do as he has so the people who want to grip ought to grow up and realize that they are not in high school any more but i dont think that they will i want to say THANK YOU JOHN MINKS you are one hell of a man and to all of those who want to write about me go ahead you dont and wont hurt my feelings becouse i learned a long time ago that only cowards can write stuff about some one and then play the little games so if john is so bad step up and be some one hell dont be scared take the bull by the horns and run the show your self hell he would probably thank you he would have time to do what he wants to now that you know me im not hidding what i wrote i am a man and dont need to hide if ya dont like me thank you one less freind hahaha you wont hurt my feelings at all you go john and THANK YOU fgor keeping the kids out of town and out of trouble
fair ball

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 10, 2010
must have hit close to home to get you in a bind, every one has a little bull gues you had, a kid on johns team way to go maybe he can put 33 chosen ones on his team. by the way if you have another kid you know what team he will be on.FRIEND by the way good job choosing johns name
didnt put any ones name gues you know the
coach
bad mouth

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jun 11, 2010
now that a few things are a little bulled up. dont know whom bill whited is so not a lot of people does. but i dont have to cuse are use nasty words for the kids to see i will make this so you can understand. i only have known john minks for a short time and yes i have set at the ball games and alot of practices and yes just jumped in to pick up rocks off the field and the trash off the ground that people leave behind yes trash leaves trash we are all guilty of it so pick up a little trash a little rocks and yes listen to the bull that people say but john minks is not the all mighty god so people it takes a whole board to make the rules so find out who is in charge form your own rules and choose your own teams yes be hounest if albert or ozzie was there i would pick them for my team you would do the same. get more give more. see you at the field john every night and day. no bad words
Tina Sutton

Wright City, MO

#14 Jun 11, 2010
I just wanted to add my two cents worth.
This league was developed not only for these children to play the game of baseball but to learn the game and to prepare them for school sports.
My son played for several years and he even noticed how some teams were so called "stacked". He had excellent coaches and learned quite a bit. I want to say thanks to Jimmy Crocker and Tim Sappington-job well done!
There needs to be a board that is set in place that has the best interest of our children in mind and that will keep with the spirit of teaching these young boys and girls what the game is all about, how it is played and about team spirit and camaraderie.
please

Wentzville, MO

#15 Jun 22, 2010
The problem is not really John but the overall board. They have to pay the Sports Complex to let the kids play ball there. Also, if anyone thinks that the people on the board are paid, think again, nobody gets paid except concession stand and umpires. The board does not have bad people on it, and if you think you can improve give them help, suggestions, and VOLUNTEER your time, to improve the games. I have been a parent volunteer for 14 years or more, I will do whatever it takes to help the younger gengeration to have a great place to play. Please don't take away about the only thing that they have to live for. Volunteer by teaching the correct rules, picking up trash and by supporting our teams. And really, what is it going to matter in 6 months, people will be onto basketball by then, and completely have forgotten baseball. AND then everyone will be on here gripping and carrying on about basketball games. Come on grow up and make a difference in the lives of our youth.
Yeah

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Jun 22, 2010
Its only a game does that term mean anything 2 u. if u teach ur child that and that no matter what they are a winner. u play ur best and thats all that matters cuz ur just as gd as the next kid.
iron county tax payer

Wentzville, MO

#17 Jun 23, 2010
let the community pick the board have and open election at the ball field sign up if you want to run then post all and elect the board fair. not you put them on. you can have 15 members so not just one poor person has to do it all by his self with no help make it public after the end of season sign up for one week elect the following. sounds easy if you like post you comment talk to the board

Foristell, MO

#18 Jun 23, 2010
As a parent I just want ALL the children treated fairly, whether they are on my child's team or the other team. The point is to have fun playing "America's Favorite Pass-Time."However, treating the kids poorly only results in them not wanting to play. It doesn't take long for kids to learn when things aren't fair. Notice how the older kid leagues have less players? It doesn't matter win or lose, its did you have fun playing. If the kids are having fun, job well done coach. However, as a parent you expect the other coach to treat the other team as his/her own as well. We are not out for blood.
player

Wentzville, MO

#19 Jun 23, 2010
then why keep score let all bat all get a home run
sports mom

Saint James, MO

#20 Jun 24, 2010
It's funny to me that all these people keep talking about elections for the little league board. Are you serious? This is a small community/town baseball program with VERY little funding. If you want to complain then get involved, no one is stopping you. All you have to do is volunteer!!! Take some interest instead of complaining! But I guess alot of people would rather sit back and complain about what is not being done right (to their standards) instead of stepping up and paying it forward to the next generation. I applaud the people that volunteer, at least they show they give a darn about their own kids and yours!!!!!
aPinkleymyself

Foristell, MO

#21 Jun 26, 2010
Yes case net is a wonderful thing if you use it right and have all the facts. There are two people in the Pinkley Family with the same first and last name one handles the money for the ballfield and has never been in trouble with the law and the other has a shady passed. And now lives out of state. So before you start spreading rumors about things you know nothing about get the facts first.
cherry snow cone

Wentzville, MO

#22 Jun 26, 2010
aPinkleymyself wrote:
Yes case net is a wonderful thing if you use it right and have all the facts. There are two people in the Pinkley Family with the same first and last name one handles the money for the ballfield and has never been in trouble with the law and the other has a shady passed. And now lives out of state. So before you start spreading rumors about things you know nothing about get the facts first.
i know this pinkley lady from the ball game every time i come to the game she is respectful nice and i enjoy my cherry snow cone every time i come to the game i want to say thank you to her fine job i guess some one wants your job making my snow cone and by the way see you monday night you dont know who this is so maybe i can get a little extra flavor good job
Old School Tiger Pride

Wentzville, MO

#23 Jun 26, 2010
How about this. Hold tryouts and have an evaluation system that scores several fundamentals. Then take those scores and create the teams to be as evenly matched as possible based on the evaluation scores. Of course, a parent should be able to coach their child. What one needs to be aware of is when an assistant coach has a child that is also good. Team stacking can happen that way, however an assistant should get to coach their child also. There is no perfect way, but there are better ways.

The board needs to create a league philosophy that promotes improvement of each player in both skill, and team cohesiveness, while promoting positive and productive character traits. Sure be competitive, keep score, but keep things in perspective. Is winning more important than best effort. Especially NOW? Hey, remember we are all going to be on the same team in high school. Lay a good foundation for these youngsters, and then you will get to talk about STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS. How fun would that be? I would love it, and so would you. Let's do it together. Tiger Pride
sports mom

Foristell, MO

#24 Jun 27, 2010
This is too much now....clearly if anyone had anything to do with the different sports leagues, they would understand that all those ideas aren't realistic. If people want to keep up ALL the complaining about the baseball program it will probably disappear, it has almost happened before!!! This program is ran off of volunteers and donations from the community. And how does everyone act... we disrespect the businesses that have sponsored teams, we disrespect the people that VOLUNTEER their time and we prove to the kids that an ADULT can stand out there on the ballfield and make a complete fool out of theirself. What kind of example does that show to the kids? I have seen things happen on that ballfield that WOULD NOT have happened at any other ballfield...its an embarrasment to know that grown adults have to act like that!!! Again, if you want things to change... then volunteer to help with the programs. Do any of you stay after your child is done playing to help clean up? Do any of you show up before hand to help set up the fields? Do any (or some) of you help with their children's teams? How many of you pay for the snowcones that the team gets after they finish their game? Here's an idea, why don't you just sit back and keep complaining about how things are done instead of trying to improve the orginization for the next round of kids coming thru....that makes since?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ironton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firechief Requirements Mon Bobby 7
Bismarck Board of Alderman Mon Dave 1
adam childers Mon stimey 6
Darwin Michael Rouse Mon Fact Finder 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar 23 Guest 939
Shooting Mar 23 just me 5
Fort Davidson Resturant Mar 19 Lowell 47

Ironton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ironton Mortgages