Should RPD Chief James M. Sheppard Be...

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#47 Mar 22, 2013
common sense and freedom wrote:
<quoted text>learn to read i said car and house both have been broken into multiple times.it just so happens my house was the most recent.
Sounds like a nice neighborhood you live in.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#48 Mar 22, 2013
I know what you said victim...my point was you added your house break in after my response so you could bolster your story. Learn to comprehend

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#49 Mar 22, 2013
Even funnier is that your house was the most recent incident but you chose to use a car break in for you weak point. Like I said, either you are a professional victim or you are just a plain liar. Learn how to secure things and take the opportunity away from would be thieves.
Anonymous

Livonia, NY

#50 Mar 22, 2013
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
Even funnier is that your house was the most recent incident but you chose to use a car break in for you weak point. Like I said, either you are a professional victim or you are just a plain liar. Learn how to secure things and take the opportunity away from would be thieves.
i never said car i said car and house.you pick and choose what you want to read.proffesional victim my ass never took a handout or welfare.only expect the policw to do what the law wont let me do myself.even when i was laid off i didnt rake a handout or demand help.i just worked a little harder hunting,fishing,gardening for my food and spent more time trapping for pelts and doing lawn jobs and flea markets to make cash for bills and groceries. so suck it. victim my ass.
Anonymous

Livonia, NY

#51 Mar 22, 2013
hey patriot we disagree on this issue but go over to the thread about webster firefighter page i think we might be in agreement about these jerk offs bashing firefighters.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#52 Mar 22, 2013
common sense and freedom wrote:
<quoted text>i never said car i said car and house.you pick and choose what you want to read.proffesional victim my ass never took a handout or welfare.only expect the policw to do what the law wont let me do myself.even when i was laid off i didnt rake a handout or demand help.i just worked a little harder hunting,fishing,gardening for my food and spent more time trapping for pelts and doing lawn jobs and flea markets to make cash for bills and groceries. so suck it. victim my ass.
No one said anything about you getting welfare or handouts, paranoid much ?

Then you need to realize there is other crimes in the city and they will respond when they have a free patrol car or two and when it's safe to do so. Every domestic takes at least 2 patrol cars and once things are under control one officer has to fill out a domestic incident report. They have to do that every time there is a domestic which takes up time and an officer. Have 6 or 7 domestics at one time which is not uncommon in the city and all your units are tied up. Maybe you should go to city hall and complain and tell the mayor that the police get dispatched to stupid calls like mommy can't control little johnny, he just won't listen.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#53 Mar 23, 2013
The Chief has been very quiet for the past few days. Maybe the gang members are turning themselves in.
Grady Stiles

United States

#55 Mar 23, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
The Chief has been very quiet for the past few days. Maybe the gang members are turning themselves in.
He's been quiet because he just got caught falsifying crime stats for 2011. Turns out the "overlooked" 1500 car break-ins, so they could brag that it was the safest yesr ever. LMFAO. He should be fired.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#56 Mar 23, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>He's been quiet because he just got caught falsifying crime stats for 2011. Turns out the "overlooked" 1500 car break-ins, so they could brag that it was the safest yesr ever. LMFAO. He should be fired.
I guess people have become complacent.

He should be fired, or at least demoted, because he is terrible manager. Law enforcement is Rochester is an embarrassment.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#57 Mar 23, 2013
City of Rochester Police Overtime Chart (my rank and name):

http://rocdocs.democratandchronicle.com/datab...

Some big salaries there! Can be sorted to drill down.

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#58 Mar 23, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>He's been quiet because he just got caught falsifying crime stats for 2011. Turns out the "overlooked" 1500 car break-ins, so they could brag that it was the safest yesr ever. LMFAO. He should be fired.
Grady

If they overlooked ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED (accidents do happen) car break-ins
Do you think it's at all possible that they might have overlooked
a few THOUSAND shootings,stabbings,muggings, robberies, carjackings, home invasions, assaults, rapes, arson's etc?

S/N Don't forget this is week two of City living Sundays for those interested in buying in crime free Rochester.

morality

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#59 Mar 23, 2013
With all those car break-in's, the RPD don't make any arrests on them, they don't even respond to you if your car was broken into, they say call 311 for a "report only" and call your insurance company.
The City police actually tell you that is what your car insurance is for.

I guess they have no idea what they themselves are for.
Grady Stiles

United States

#60 Mar 23, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Grady
If they overlooked ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED (accidents do happen) car break-ins
Do you think it's at all possible that they might have overlooked
a few THOUSAND shootings,stabbings,muggings, robberies, carjackings, home invasions, assaults, rapes, arson's etc?
S/N Don't forget this is week two of City living Sundays for those interested in buying in crime free Rochester.
Exactly. It's obvious anywhere you go in the city CRIME IS RAMPANT. Give me a friggin break. They even stole the brass railings off city hall. LMFAO.

morality

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#61 Mar 23, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. It's obvious anywhere you go in the city CRIME IS RAMPANT. Give me a friggin break. They even stole the brass railings off city hall. LMFAO.
nickbo , was that city hall or the monroe county office building??

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#62 Mar 23, 2013
morality wrote:
With all those car break-in's, the RPD don't make any arrests on them, they don't even respond to you if your car was broken into, they say call 311 for a "report only" and call your insurance company.
The City police actually tell you that is what your car insurance is for.
I guess they have no idea what they themselves are for.
Your relatives are causing so many other problems and creating so many other crimes how would the police possibly have time for car break ins.
Good lord just listen to the scanner for a couple of nights.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#63 Mar 24, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it's at all possible that they might have overlooked
a few THOUSAND shootings,stabbings,muggings, robberies, carjackings, home invasions, assaults, rapes, arson's etc?
They, like all organizations, make statistics work for them. The beauty of statistics is that you can customize them to offer any [positive] result you want, to mislead your audience.

I just find it difficult to believe they have people that smart at RPD... to manipulate the math. I would buy the data entry error defense. We'll never know how bad it is.

Those stats could have been hosed for years.
Grady Stiles

United States

#64 Mar 24, 2013
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
nickbo , was that city hall or the monroe county office building??
I'm not Nickbo peabrain. It was the MCO building. And pretty much everywhere else in the whole city. I'm actually surprised the 490 bridge over the river hasn't been dismantled by a metal junglist yet.

morality

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#65 Mar 24, 2013
Maybe Chief Uncle Tom should send letters to the people that break-in to cars that reds:

"obviously we are not watching you and have no clue what your doing".
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#66 Mar 24, 2013
I blame the Chief and senior management (to include the mayor's office) for letting crime escalate.

If the RPD rank and file is constrained by unreasonable policies, limiting them from doing their job, it's time for new approaches that work.

RPD needs new direction desperately... and immediately. Current management is not cutting it, and the crooks are using this knowledge to their maximum advantage. When your competition is weak, you prosper.

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#67 Mar 24, 2013
As far as replacing the Chief. I think the best man for the job of cleaning up the bowels of Rochester might be a former Greece police office.
When he gets out of jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
south wedge, I have questions for you 16 min south avenue wedge 70
Community Adgitator Howard Eagle Agitating Once... 58 min IescapedNY 5
What The Heck Happened To The Bills Yesterday? 2 hr south avenue wedge 11
Pearl Harbor Day 3 hr H Truman deceased 4
A Mercedes Golf Cart for IENY 3 hr Moshe 5
Trump Named "Time" " Person Of The Year" 3 hr IescapedNY 1
Pentagon Buried $125 Billion in Administrative ... 3 hr Moshe 6

Irondequoit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irondequoit Mortgages