Comments
5,441 - 5,460 of 6,377 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 1
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#6171 Dec 27, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional, just like your idol who
is proud of his bailout of General Motors. Thatís good, because, in a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again. The company is once again losing market share, and it seems unable to develop products that are truly competitive in the U.S. market.
Right now, the federal government owns 500,000,000 shares of GM, or about 26% of the company. It would need to get about $53.00/share for these to break even on the bailout. This left the government holding $10.1 billion worth of stock, and sitting on an unrealized loss of $16.4 billion.
Right now, the governmentís GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.
Keep drinking the Koolaid Zeldo.
clap, clap, clap, excellently written and thought through. At least there is one other person in this country who thinks like me

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6172 Dec 27, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional, just like your idol who
is proud of his bailout of General Motors. Thatís good, because, in a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again. The company is once again losing market share, and it seems unable to develop products that are truly competitive in the U.S. market.
Right now, the federal government owns 500,000,000 shares of GM, or about 26% of the company. It would need to get about $53.00/share for these to break even on the bailout. This left the government holding $10.1 billion worth of stock, and sitting on an unrealized loss of $16.4 billion.
Right now, the governmentís GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.
Keep drinking the Koolaid Zeldo.
Your view is childish and shortsighted.

You have to understand that GM means far more to the U.S. economy than the dollars spent to bail it out. Remember, even if the government loses money on the stock, the company continues to generate tax revenue - both corporate and payroll, and it continues to employee workers, which means fewer people on entitlements.

You also have to understand that there are literally thousands of suppliers which rely on GM; these businesses and their employees pay huge amounts of taxes.

I'm sorry, but your argument is specious and doesn't hold water. You're looking for the childish, easy explanation to a very complex financial deal.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6173 Dec 27, 2012
The fact that GM stock is around $28. If the company had been allowed to go bankrupt - as Mitt Romney wanted - it would still be in reorganization. The truth is, GM wouldn't have emerged from bankruptcy in nearly the shape that it is in today, largely because it would've been picked apart by creditors. Chances are the company would have been bought by a foreign concern.

Chinese, Indian or Japanese Chevy's....real nice.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6174 Dec 27, 2012
General Motors showed a profit in Febrary 2011...the FIRST profit since 2004.

I'm sorry, but the bailout worked, thousands of jobs were saved, thousands of pensions and healthcare benefits were saved...

Obama could sh*t golden nuggets and idots like you would complain that they were too small.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6178 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view is childish and shortsighted.
You have to understand that GM means far more to the U.S. economy than the dollars spent to bail it out. Remember, even if the government loses money on the stock, the company continues to generate tax revenue - both corporate and payroll, and it continues to employee workers, which means fewer people on entitlements.
You also have to understand that there are literally thousands of suppliers which rely on GM; these businesses and their employees pay huge amounts of taxes.
I'm sorry, but your argument is specious and doesn't hold water. You're looking for the childish, easy explanation to a very complex financial deal.
Still using my name, what a clever skunk

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6179 Dec 27, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
The point to Zeldo was that all is not well at GM, got it now pompous clown, Toyota has now passed GM as # 1 car maker in the world. And a structured bankruptcy would have resolved many of the long term management and union drags on the corporation, but you, like obama, have little experience, but for what is expedient. Your savior obama put another yoke on the American taxpayer who will never recoup their bailout monies, and screwed the investors in GM, many of whom are senior citizens who have held GM for many years. But you and Pravda dismiss that part of the ineptitude of obamas' assinine socialist/worker mentality.
A structured bankruptcy would have put off GM's comeback for years, as unions dragged them through the court system in an attempt to protect pensions. In addition, suppliers who were owed money would have put in claims against the company's assets.

Investors were screwed because they were stupid; it's call "risk" for a reason, you moron. If they didnt' lose their money with the bailout, the common-share holders would have lost it in bankruptcy.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6180 Dec 27, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
The point to Zeldo was that all is not well at GM, got it now pompous clown, Toyota has now passed GM as # 1 car maker in the world. And a structured bankruptcy would have resolved many of the long term management and union drags on the corporation, but you, like obama, have little experience, but for what is expedient. Your savior obama put another yoke on the American taxpayer who will never recoup their bailout monies, and screwed the investors in GM, many of whom are senior citizens who have held GM for many years. But you and Pravda dismiss that part of the ineptitude of obamas' assinine socialist/worker mentality.
Americans will recoup their bailout money many times over in the coming years, as I have already explained to you idiots. The problem is that Teabaggers like you are shortsights and not-to-bright, so you tend to be unable to grasp the concept of increased tax-revenue from a profitable company vs. no revenue from a bankrupt one.

Don't think about it too hard...you'll get a headache.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6181 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
A structured bankruptcy would have put off GM's comeback for years, as unions dragged them through the court system in an attempt to protect pensions. In addition, suppliers who were owed money would have put in claims against the company's assets.
Investors were screwed because they were stupid; it's call "risk" for a reason, you moron. If they didnt' lose their money with the bailout, the common-share holders would have lost it in bankruptcy.
You don't know what you are talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time educating a fool.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6182 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans will recoup their bailout money many times over in the coming years, as I have already explained to you idiots. The problem is that Teabaggers like you are shortsights and not-to-bright, so you tend to be unable to grasp the concept of increased tax-revenue from a profitable company vs. no revenue from a bankrupt one.
Don't think about it too hard...you'll get a headache.
Unsubstantiated nonsense, because you make false statements doesn't make it reality, btw tell obama when you see him, he has the same affliction as you

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6183 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans will recoup their bailout money many times over in the coming years, as I have already explained to you idiots. The problem is that Teabaggers like you are shortsights and not-to-bright, so you tend to be unable to grasp the concept of increased tax-revenue from a profitable company vs. no revenue from a bankrupt one.
Don't think about it too hard...you'll get a headache.
Poor clownspeak, you sound worse than biden, imaginary future profits, you are an idiot, obama lies for a reason, what is your excuse, useful idiot?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6184 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversvillle wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans will recoup their bailout money many times over in the coming years, as I have already explained to you idiots. The problem is that Teabaggers like you are shortsights and not-to-bright, so you tend to be unable to grasp the concept of increased tax-revenue from a profitable company vs. no revenue from a bankrupt one.
Don't think about it too hard...you'll get a headache.
There is more substance in a babys' diaper than in your posts

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6185 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor clownspeak, you sound worse than biden, imaginary future profits, you are an idiot, obama lies for a reason, what is your excuse, useful idiot?
GM has been profitable since Feb. 2011, you idiot...

North American sales drive GM to $1.48 billion profit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2012...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6186 Dec 27, 2012
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
clap, clap, clap, excellently written and thought through. At least there is one other person in this country who thinks like me
There are many people in America who think like you. Most live in group homes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6187 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more substance in a babys' diaper than in your posts
GM has been profitable since Feb. 2011, you idiot...

North American sales drive GM to $1.48 billion profit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2012 ...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6188 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsubstantiated nonsense, because you make false statements doesn't make it reality, btw tell obama when you see him, he has the same affliction as you
GM has been profitable since Feb. 2011, you idiot...

North American sales drive GM to $1.48 billion profit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2012 ...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6189 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you are talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time educating a fool.
What part do you not believe, little idiot?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6190 Dec 27, 2012
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you are talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time educating a fool.
Yes you will...you cannot help but respond to me, because you know - deep in your heart - that I am right! You see the economy improving, GM posting record profits, and the employment picture getting better and better....you're seething.

You would rather see America fail than succeed under Obama.

Treasoner!
Mrr

Newport, NY

#6191 Dec 27, 2012
Anton
Good Times

Buffalo, NY

#6192 Dec 28, 2012
no Goober it is all ready failing due in a big part by your Obama

Wake the F up people he is our own worse enemy

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6193 Dec 28, 2012
Good Times wrote:
no Goober it is all ready failing due in a big part by your Obama
Wake the F up people he is our own worse enemy
And, precisely how is it "failing"?

The automakers are turning profits for the first time in years, the job market is picking up, and the stock market is in no danger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspicious Pizza found on RTS bus (Jul '10) 35 min Ha Ha 4
Husbands can be jailed for insulting wives unde... (Jun '10) 36 min Ha Ha 5
Teen runs stop sign, man in guarded condition (May '09) 1 hr Midnight Sergent 22
Joan Rivers Dead at the age of 81 1 hr Ha Ha 8
3 Year Anniversary of Disappearance of Chili Man (Jul '10) 4 hr Diamond Daisy 4
White Target employee from Fairport arrested (Jul '10) 4 hr Diamond Daisy 6
Father and Son Appear in Court on Sex Abuse Cha... (Jul '10) 4 hr Diamond Daisy 7
•••
•••
Irondequoit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Irondequoit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Irondequoit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irondequoit
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••