Sean Sanders guilty in softball brawl death

The Irondequoit man accused of punching another man in the back of the head during a softball fight last summer, will be heading to prison. Full Story
mackny113311

Albion, NY

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Its sad what happened in this case, to the victim and his family who would understandably want this man to face the rest of his life in prison.

But, because he's a felon of an entirely different case, its sad that it would be used against him and that he would be given life in prison.

I totally am against this, people make mistakes and some are brought up in an environment that causes them not to have the same thoughts, the same ways as others.

Its not an excuse, but things happen in peoples life.

If I made a mistake 8 years ago, and convicted with a felony, years later lose my sense of right and wrong and act without thinking, the thought that I could go to prison for the rest of my life?

For sure this man needs to be punished, but the system should put him through rigorous counseling during a time of punishment. Prison gives no rehabilitation, and it makes me sick that the prosecution goes out of its way to maximize a punishment without any real resolve.
Pam

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jun 12, 2009
mackny113311 wrote:
Its sad what happened in this case, to the victim and his family who would understandably want this man to face the rest of his life in prison.
But, because he's a felon of an entirely different case, its sad that it would be used against him and that he would be given life in prison.
I totally am against this, people make mistakes and some are brought up in an environment that causes them not to have the same thoughts, the same ways as others.
Its not an excuse, but things happen in peoples life.
If I made a mistake 8 years ago, and convicted with a felony, years later lose my sense of right and wrong and act without thinking, the thought that I could go to prison for the rest of my life?
For sure this man needs to be punished, but the system should put him through rigorous counseling during a time of punishment. Prison gives no rehabilitation, and it makes me sick that the prosecution goes out of its way to maximize a punishment without any real resolve.
if this was your kid that he kill. i think u would think diff. he should get life!! this wasn't the first time he did this to someone.he's a killer and should pay his life for this.eye for a eye!!
mackny113311

Albion, NY

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Yea Pam, I know. It is alot different when It hits home, but what about the flip side? What if it was your son whos a moron and doesnt think that hes going to kill someone by a sucker punch?

Its just hard to say really, I can honestly look at both ways..

But lets not do the eye for an eye deal,,,,, I believe it goes like this, and Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world blind! Which means, revenge would never end....
Confused Private Citizen

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2009
Justice should not be metered out based on the emotions of the victims family, and that is seemingly the case here, with the DA chasing another reason to prosecute Sanders.

This death was unnecessary. Grown men acting like children. All over scorekeeping and namecalling.
Andrews started the altercation. He was not an innocent victim of rage, as some think. This was a fistfight that had an unplanned ending.

Read the testimony from the trial. Here is a sample....

"Stuhler and other witness told the court there was a lot of trash talking going on that day and argument over the score pushed matters to a boiling point. Andrews daughter and soon to be stepdaughter were keeping score. Witnesses testified that someone called Andrews’ daughter a name. There was so much tension witnesses say umpires stopped the game in 7th inning. That's when a fight broke out between Andrews and other opposing player. That fight broke up, then came the hit from Sanders."

I am sorry for the Andrews family, and for the Sanders family. Both parties were at fault, but Dan Andrews mother seems to be making her son out to be the one that walks on water and that makes people think that Sanders deserves to be put away for life. I am not so sure. It does take two to tango, and if Dan had not gotten into the fight with one of Sander's teammates, this might have had a different ending. How can any of you be so sure that Sanders meant to kill Andrews? Were you in Sander's head at the time? Has he confided in you that he meant to kill this man? Put yourself in his shoes.
Upstater31

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2009
If you take a baseball bat to someones head, and that person dies, you have murdered that person. Regardless of events leading up to that, there is no excuse to take a bat to the back of someones head, except in some far fetched rare case where the individual is on top of another, beating them to death, and a head shot is all you have to save the victims life. That's not what happened. Things got heated, Andrews had fault in that he fed that flame, but Sanders hit him in the head with a bat! Are you kidding me? Any of you want someone like that walking the streets? That is a major anger problem, and this guy needs to be kept out of the general population before someone hits on his girl in a bar, or cuts him off in traffic, or wins a golf tournament and gloats a little too much. This mans reaction to what shoudl have ended at a pushing shoving match goes way above and beyond a normal reaction. His wiring is not right. He must be kept away from normal people.
customer

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 24, 2009
Upstater31 wrote:
If you take a baseball bat to someones head, and that person dies, you have murdered that person. Regardless of events leading up to that, there is no excuse to take a bat to the back of someones head, except in some far fetched rare case where the individual is on top of another, beating them to death, and a head shot is all you have to save the victims life. That's not what happened. Things got heated, Andrews had fault in that he fed that flame, but Sanders hit him in the head with a bat! Are you kidding me? Any of you want someone like that walking the streets? That is a major anger problem, and this guy needs to be kept out of the general population before someone hits on his girl in a bar, or cuts him off in traffic, or wins a golf tournament and gloats a little too much. This mans reaction to what shoudl have ended at a pushing shoving match goes way above and beyond a normal reaction. His wiring is not right. He must be kept away from normal people.
He didn't hit him with a bat. Please read.
mackny113311

Albion, NY

#7 Jul 24, 2009
Now learning of the sentence this man will recieve, 2 to 4 years in prison, it seems its a bit to light if you ask me.

Im against the guy getting life, but this is ridiculous.

The parole board will maximize his sentence, it will not be 4 years. NY has it set up that any person doing time, the maximum time he can do is 3 thirds pf the max, so in this case is 32 months, unless he catches alot of trouble while doing his time, they cant take it all from him where he does the whole 4 years.

And there is very little he can do to get help in prison. Most the programs are ran by inmates and its a joke.

One would have to really want change and use the time to seek peace and really suffer through the time. Other than that, the majority of inmates are like animals and think it's a joke in jail. Most of em deserve to stay in prison.
Confused

Fairport, NY

#8 Jul 25, 2009
"Sean Sanders guilty in softball brawl death"

Where was the brawl??????????
Joe G

AOL

#10 May 12, 2011
Sean wrote:
If someone shot at my house, I'd punch them.
IF you saw someone shooting at your house and they saw you and were there to shoot, I'd be willing to bet that they'd SHOOT you before the house you dummy! And IF you were the "Sean this article was about", then I'd never convict that shooter either!!
88 hit

Rochester, NY

#11 Jun 19, 2011
Upstater31 wrote:
there was no bat! he got punched..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homeless men 3 hr shannen 1
2 homeless men 3 hr shannen 1
First to Ever Receive Food Stamps was a WHITE w... 6 hr Otay Panky 37
White Racist Lesbians Forced to raise Black Chi... 7 hr yet to be determined 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Joe Voter 6,473
White Man Face 9 Years Gets 6 Months 8 hr yet to be determined 3
All Whites Look Alike 8 hr Ha Ha 4
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match

Irondequoit Jobs

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Irondequoit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irondequoit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]