Man Killed by Car in Irondequoit This...

Man Killed by Car in Irondequoit This Morning

There are 6 comments on the 13WHAM story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Man Killed by Car in Irondequoit This Morning. In it, 13WHAM reports that:

Rochester/Irondequoit, NY - " A man walking along the 590 expressway was killed at about 3 a.m. Monday morning in Irondequoit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

Rhonda

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 26, 2010
I can only wonder?? Maybe drinking????

And how come the media is not calling the men where they are from???
Like if a Rochester man was involved they'd have "Rochester Man" or "City Man", but someone from one burbs runs over a guy from another burb, and they just say "Man hit man walking in the road".

Why not call it "Honeoye Man runs over an Irondequoit man"????
Rhonda

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2010
And I don't understand why the driver wasn't ticketed, if the pedestrian was walking in the road, why could he see him in time????

I would only understand if the guy jumped into or ran into the road infront of the car.
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 26, 2010
Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Drunk man in the road you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you
Straight_Shooter

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Rhonda wrote:
And I don't understand why the driver wasn't ticketed, if the pedestrian was walking in the road, why could he see him in time????
I would only understand if the guy jumped into or ran into the road infront of the car.
why dont you drive up 590N tonite at 3am and see how poorly it's lit. Chances are this kid was wearing all dark clothing. Also, you dont expect a person to be stupid enough to walk in the middle of an expressway lane.
I bet you fault drivers for not see deer either and hitting them, it happens so fast.
Rhonda

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2010
Straight_Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
why dont you drive up 590N tonite at 3am and see how poorly it's lit. Chances are this kid was wearing all dark clothing. Also, you dont expect a person to be stupid enough to walk in the middle of an expressway lane.
I bet you fault drivers for not see deer either and hitting them, it happens so fast.
I have headlights on my car, and I turn them on at night, and most country roads have no street lights yet still have speed limits of 55MPH. If I can't see enough in front of me to stop or avoid, I slow down. At 3am on the 590 north past the 104, is very very slow, hardly NO traffic, I really can't understand why the driver wouldn't be able to see someone walking on the road even in black clothes. Your reasoning is the same of people the defended the stupid drivers in the multi-car pile up on the 390 at the airport from the snow drift. If you can't see in front of your car, you slow down.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#8 Aug 17, 2014
People shouldnt be going all over the expressway!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone go to the Buffalo Bills game yesterday? 50 min TLM 15
Another democrat accused 1 hr Bruce sore azz 14
Who would sexually harass Sarah Sanders? 1 hr Bruce sore azz 3
Trump Drinks 12 cans of Diet Coke a Day 1 hr Bruce sore azz 8
Heather O Connor Walsh 3 hr Ann 4
greece police 3 hr Bruce fudge fingers 11
Happy Sunday everyone! 3 hr Bruce dirty fingers 15

Irondequoit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance