Tyquan Rivera to be sentenced this morning

The teenage boy who shot Rochester Police Officer Anthony Diponzio in the back of the head on Dayton Street in January is being sentenced this morning at 10 a.m. News 10NBC wil bring you the sentencing live on our website www.whec.com . We will also be Tweeting from the court room. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Mitch

AOL

#1 Oct 16, 2009
OMG OMG Mike Green just listed about 25 GREAT reasons for this little snot to go away for a long time, he is a threat to this community! His record is sooooooooooo long and he has mental, drinking and drug issues...bye bye little boy! Enjoy jail!
Roger

AOL

#2 Oct 16, 2009
Well said Mitch !!
Lou

Fairport, NY

#3 Oct 16, 2009
Hoping and praying Rivera gets the max...

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#4 Oct 16, 2009
Lou wrote:
Hoping and praying Rivera gets the max...
I'll second that!
Retired Police Officer

Rochester, NY

#5 Oct 16, 2009
The little rat is gone for 10 !
wondering

Avon, NY

#6 Oct 16, 2009
who was the woman who passed out in court?
Hudson Alphonse

Rochester, NY

#7 Oct 16, 2009
I think its really messed up the people fill like this about a child. Maybe he need mental help. Rochester need programs for for minors who get caught up. But noooooo instead they rather send them to jail. Where is the justice really??????? The whole city got issues. Maybe if there were more programs for kids to get involved with kids wouldn't run to the streets. Until then expect for the murder rate to go up!!!!!!!!!!
mclark036

Smyrna, GA

#8 Oct 16, 2009
good...hope that piece of crap get killed in prison...
Hudson Alphonse

Rochester, NY

#9 Oct 16, 2009
Retired Police Officer wrote:
And ur a retired cop. It's attitudes and comments like that,that make u wana kill a cop. No respect for u rats!!!!!!
are you serious

Avon, NY

#10 Oct 16, 2009
Hudson Alphonse wrote:
I think its really messed up the people fill like this about a child. Maybe he need mental help. Rochester need programs for for minors who get caught up. But noooooo instead they rather send them to jail. Where is the justice really??????? The whole city got issues. Maybe if there were more programs for kids to get involved with kids wouldn't run to the streets. Until then expect for the murder rate to go up!!!!!!!!!!
seriously? Did you LISTEN to Mike Greene? this kid got more chances than anyone I've ever seen! Maybe now he'll get the point..Agreed, it is sad that a kid this age got mixed up in drugs & crime so young, but c'mon... how many chances does one get?
laurie

Rochester, NY

#11 Oct 16, 2009
the city may have issues, yes. but it doesn't give rivera the 'excuse' or right to shoot a police officer. give me a break. he is a loser. he deserves what he got.

Since: Aug 09

Rochester, NY

#12 Oct 16, 2009
Thank You Judge Joseph Valentino , DA Mike Green and all RPD Officers,
jackass

Prior Lake, MN

#13 Oct 16, 2009
don't do the crime if you can't do the time .... baretta!!
IrishEyes

Rochester, NY

#14 Oct 16, 2009
More programs? Are you serious? There's Hillside, Crestwood Children's Center, St. Joseph's Villa, Industry...the list is endless for troubled "children" and does it help? A big fat NO! As a matter of fact, wasn't there a warrant already out on him for leaving St. Joseph's? So he was already in a program that DIDN'T HELP now maybe jail will. I have no remorse for this little punk.
ryan

Rochester, NY

#15 Oct 16, 2009
Hudson Alphonse wrote:
I think you need to learn some proper english before you go and post stuff like that.'maybe hes needs mental helps' LOL
jazzman

Rochester, NY

#17 Oct 16, 2009
Thankfully this punk got the maximum, but it's still not long enough. He's going to come out of prison a young, angry, bigger punk and cause more havoc, to be sure.
U R My Dingleberries

Rochester, NY

#18 Oct 16, 2009
13suks wrote:
Thank You Judge Joseph Valentino , DA Mike Green and all RPD Officers,
You got that right!

Too bad Tyrone couldn't have gotten a lot more time for his crimes.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#19 Oct 16, 2009
Retired Police Officer wrote:
Too bad it can't be longer than that.
Julia

Cranston, RI

#20 Oct 16, 2009
All you people are so heartless about today's youth! Your so ignorant to the fact that he may have mental issues. And for some of you to post that you hope he gets killed in jail? Do you guys get this mad and nasty when someone is shot at down on Joseph Ave? Didn't think so... And you all wonder why kids these days are so mean and nasty to others, look at the way you people talk on here!
come on

Rochester, NY

#21 Oct 16, 2009
Hudson Alphonse wrote:
This is a highly uneducated opinion, to be sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharpton called race provocateur on CNN 41 min Moulen John 17
Dirty White Santa 1 hr Jokette 3
Weather Service Issues High Wind Warning For WNY 1 hr Ezra 3
Homeless Shindig 1 hr Jokette 7
Obama, Holder, Diblasio 2 hr Jokette 36
Another Stupid Teen Dead in Missouri 2 hr Jokette 17
Gay Men and Blood Donation 2 hr Jokette 5

High Wind Warning for Monroe County was issued at December 24 at 7:23PM EST

Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Irondequoit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irondequoit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:37 am PST

NFL 8:37AM
Is EJ Manuel in Buffalo Bills' 2015 plans?
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
Yahoo! Sports12:56 PM
Youth movement fueling Pittsburgh turnaround
NBC Sports 2:19 PM
Jackson seeks to spark Bills' pedestrian run game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:26 PM
Top-seeded Pats focus on regular-season finale - NBC Sports