New York Power Authority: Wind Turbines will be built in Great Lakes

Oct 26, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester

Will we see wind farms in the Great Lakes? The New York Power Authority says yes.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2010
Freedom Fries

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I'm outraged. Why the f do we need them? They're cost ineffective, and we have gobs of excess energy capacity upstate. The ones in Naples are a failure as well. Another obvious political greasing by the wind companies and labor construction unions.
Concerned Voter 3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I agree completely. When will our politicians realize that we don't support this waste of taxpayer money? Vote them out.
whitetail blaster007

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I live down in Italy and they made all sorts of claims about how much the windmills would help the local economy, not make any noise, etc. It was all BS. Zero local benefit and they're noisy as hell. I couldn't begin to imagine how loud they'll be on the lake, with no trees to absorb any of that annoying NON-STOP noise.
I love websterchester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

They'll build these out in front of Monroe County regardless of what the local towns say. It's the shallowest point along the south shore, so the NY Power Authority (aka political appointees) will leverage state and federal lawmakers to dump them here regardless. I demand these be delayed until they're first built elsewhere on the great lakes and proven successful. What's the big rush? We haven't seen a power outage in years (upstate NY population is shrinking).

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Here we go again,upstate getting screwed by the downstate crowd. All of this so called "green" power goes to them and all we get is our lake being trashed.
Big Louie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

This makes me want to stomp someone. I feel like I could lift up these NYPA clowns up by their ankles and toss them clear into Greece, so all the angry 5'7" itallians opposed to the wind fiasco could drag them around and throw them in a dumpster. That would be fun.
I love irondequoitchest er

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Please with the NYPA, if they need power for downstate, then build these eyesores downstate. Because they are eyesores, is the reason why they want to put them up here. Ruin your own water front views, you freakin NYC scumbags. You already ruin NY with your heavy welfare and tax burden. Stop trying to f us with your bull crap 400 foot windkills
Chester I love Greece

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I love websterchester wrote:
They'll build these out in front of Monroe County regardless of what the local towns say. It's the shallowest point along the south shore, so the NY Power Authority (aka political appointees) will leverage state and federal lawmakers to dump them here regardless. I demand these be delayed until they're first built elsewhere on the great lakes and proven successful. What's the big rush? We haven't seen a power outage in years (upstate NY population is shrinking).
I can already imagine how to these rusty towers will look littering the lakefront skyline in 10yrs after the builder claims bankruptcy.
H Eddy III

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Hey not for nuthin but if I drunkenly ram my Baja into one of them new fangled windmills in the middle of the night with a boatful of coked up hoes and a coupla non swimmin monkeys its not my fault.
Buffalo Windfarms Suck

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

If you guys thinks that the windfarms are some type of good idea, come to the south towns of buffalo.
they are on the lakeshore and ruined it for everyone down here. the NYPA does not want to tell you that they will profit big time from building all the infrastructure, and get HUGE kickbacks from the developers, and then just let the windmills fail mechanically after one year. It was a mistake to let the crooked developer talk the buffalo citizens into this happy green power bs. It is a shame. Hope you don't get scammed by that Kessel dude (NYPA Presidet?) like we all did.

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Buffalo Windfarms Suck wrote:
If you guys thinks that the windfarms are some type of good idea, come to the south towns of buffalo.
they are on the lakeshore and ruined it for everyone down here. the NYPA does not want to tell you that they will profit big time from building all the infrastructure, and get HUGE kickbacks from the developers, and then just let the windmills fail mechanically after one year. It was a mistake to let the crooked developer talk the buffalo citizens into this happy green power bs. It is a shame. Hope you don't get scammed by that Kessel dude (NYPA Presidet?) like we all did.
The same thing is going on upstate by the St.Lawence River.They look like crap and the developers are bailing out,the NYSAG office is trying to see who got rich (kick backs).

“"SUPERIOR WHITE POWER"”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

WE need a taxpayer strike against NY State and then let them find the money to build this crap..

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

The worst part is that all of the inefficient energy they do produce goes to NYC.
I Love Websterchester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

The only good thing that would ever come out of this project would be for them to allow boaters to tie up to them, get stupid drunk, and tie a big giant rope swing to the tower platform. I just don't think hundreds of millions of dollars are worth spending for a rope swing, though.
Pelicans Boozefest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

H Eddy III wrote:
Hey not for nuthin but if I drunkenly ram my Baja into one of them new fangled windmills in the middle of the night with a boatful of coked up hoes and a coupla non swimmin monkeys its not my fault.
Dear Mr Eddy, these windmills are NOT for you to use for a drunken slalom course at 2am. Please don't buy another boat.
Buckwheats

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

We needs da windmills to generates the extra powers dat we gonna needs to offset all the extra demand for da coal powered electricities needed to power all da electric cars !!!!

Silver Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

I Love Websterchester wrote:
The only good thing that would ever come out of this project would be for them to allow boaters to tie up to them, get stupid drunk, and tie a big giant rope swing to the tower platform. I just don't think hundreds of millions of dollars are worth spending for a rope swing, though.
If you thought about it sober, I'm sure if you build them, this scenario will come. Great phrase!! Anyway in the eventual happening, can you hold NY Power Authority liable for any drunken mishaps?? Just like if the Pier had a bank account, I'm sure that object would have been liable for idiot drunken boaters as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Irondequoit Discussions

Search the Irondequoit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
black eats other blacks heart to prove he is no... 2 hr Spear Chuckin Bush Man 4
How Do You Know When A Police Dog Caught A Black 2 hr crickets 1
the BLACK HOME BOY STOLEN PC TEST 3 hr burn a witch 1
Horse Vandalism a Hoax? 3 hr burn a witch 5
White Suburban Woman Stealing Drugs 3 hr NO WAY 3
White Suburban Shopplifting From Walmart AGAIN 3 hr NO WAY 5
Dad shoots son multiple times on Father's Day 4 hr Les Is MoreOf theGrossman 2
•••
•••
•••
Irondequoit Dating

more search filters

less search filters