Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 8, 2013
It's shrimp & lobster again tonight. We vow to be faithful and will survive though.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#2 Mar 8, 2013
I am not a big fan of religion ... but I believe Lent is a great character building exercise.

If you can't survive 40 days without something that you really enjoy, Lent lets you know that your bad habit is transcended into a real vice.

If you give in early, Lent points out something that might want to work on to improve your character for the rest of the year.

If you survive the whole 40 days without your bad habits, you get to feast at the end as a reward.

P.S. I-EscapedNY, good luck ... hope you are stronger than your vice!!!
Paranoid Gun Owner

Rochester, NY

#3 Mar 8, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
It's shrimp & lobster again tonight. We vow to be faithful and will survive though.
So you in love with Cockroaches ?

One fact that many people are completely unaware of is that shrimp, lobster and cockroaches are all related. They are all a part of the phylum Arthropoda, invertebrate animals which have jointed appendages, segmented bodies, and exoskeletons (external skeletons). They are known to spread severe disease to humans, livestock, and crops, and they are important members of marine, freshwater, land, and air ecosystems as they play the role of garbage collectors.


Yuck!
Ha Ha

Iraq

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Paranoid Gun Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
So you in love with Cockroaches ?
One fact that many people are completely unaware of is that shrimp, lobster and cockroaches are all related. They are all a part of the phylum Arthropoda, invertebrate animals which have jointed appendages, segmented bodies, and exoskeletons (external skeletons). They are known to spread severe disease to humans, livestock, and crops, and they are important members of marine, freshwater, land, and air ecosystems as they play the role of garbage collectors.
Yuck!
The biggest differnce between the cockroach & the lobster is that noone charges $20.00 to serve you a cockroach!
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Did you ever consider that the bottom feeders of this World taste the best; lobster, shrimp, catfish, bullheads, crabs....the list goes on.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Country Boy wrote:
Did you ever consider that the bottom feeders of this World taste the best; lobster, shrimp, catfish, bullheads, crabs....the list goes on.
so, you've had crabs?
Nickbos missing shoes

Rochester, NY

#8 Mar 9, 2013
I vowed to go 40 days without touching Nickbo's wooden feet.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Plank Salmon cooked over an open wood fire, salt potatoes, sweetcorn & salad tonight.

Not sure how much longer I can last!!!
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#11 Mar 15, 2013
Hold On ... You can do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Burning After Night of Violence and Lo... 23 min HowardT 57
Mayor Lovely Warren Angers RPD 34 min Marieta 44
Chuck Schumer Hypocrite 1 hr Angie 5
13WHAM Shows Their True Racist Colors (Apr '09) 3 hr Rochester Agitator 219
Police have suspect in deadly 1978 Holiday Inn ... 4 hr Pauly 6
Fire Kimberly from Kimberly and Beck on 95.1 4 hr Ha Ha 6
Mayor Lovely Warren Removes Offensive Post 4 hr Ha Ha 12
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Irondequoit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irondequoit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:42 am PST

NBC Sports 5:42AM
Thursday morning one-liners
Yahoo! Sports 7:47 AM
Report: Ex-LB Talley considered suicide
ESPN 8:10 AM
Former Bill Talley pins depression on hard hits
Bleacher Report 8:20 AM
Breaking Down Saints' Game Plan vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report12:01 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Browns vs. Bills