Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to So...

Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Security fraud

There are 68 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Sep 23, 2011, titled Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Security fraud. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that Cheryl Gurjansky, 49, of Irondequoit, has pleaded guilty to theft of government funds before U.S. District Judge Charles J. Siragusa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

The Dude Abides

Rochester, NY

#24 Sep 25, 2011
3 kids by 3 different baby daddys? And the last one wasn't her husband's kid? So she is a pretty loose woman I'd guess, cheating on her hubby. How did he die? is it suspicious? Well I hope the real baby daddy will raise this kid while she is in the clink.

----------
I have thus abided
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#25 Sep 26, 2011
I like how on a portion of these stories friends/family members get on and try to justify the persons criminal act. There's never justification to commit crime, other than the obvious self-defence, but then again, if it's self=defence it's not a crime to start with right?
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#26 Sep 26, 2011
dago wrote:
You have no idea the full story pig pen. Dont you think there is more to the story then you are reading? You are so quick to judge others arent you? She was pregnant when the guy died and didn't know it wasnt his son until blood was drawn so she wanted to do the right thing and plead guilty. You have no idea the whole truth so keep your pig mouth shut.
if you don't stop with this mess. SHE KNEW SHE SLEPT WITH MORE THAN ONE AND GOT CAUGHT UP IN HER MESS. SHE DIDN'T REVEAL THAT TO SOCIAL SECURITY OR THEY WOULD HAVE DONE A PATERNITY TEST. THIS IS FRAUD AND SHE IS GOING TO HAVE SOME DIFFICULTIES WITH JUDGE SIRAGUSA. BY THE WAY, THEY CALL HIM SPIRAL UP CHUCK! SHE BILKED THE SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM AND YOU KNOW IT. STOP THE DRAMA CAUSE YOU SOUND FOOLISH AND YOU MAKE HER LOOK EVEN MORE STUPID. SHE DIDN'T THINK SHE WOULD GET CAUGHT! FRAUD!
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#27 Sep 26, 2011
Eddie wrote:
I like how on a portion of these stories friends/family members get on and try to justify the persons criminal act. There's never justification to commit crime, other than the obvious self-defence, but then again, if it's self=defence it's not a crime to start with right?
A HOT MESS THEY ARE. Now this opens pandora's box. They should not only investigate social security with her. THE STATE SHOULD CHECK HER OUT FOR WELFARE FRAUD. The fact that she is as loose as she is with men, coupled with HAVING BABIES BY EVERYBODY SHE OPENS HER LEGS TO (THAT'S A CHOICE) AND SHE CHOOSE TO COMMIT THE CRIME. DO THE TIME AND HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#28 Sep 26, 2011
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>She took $24,000+ then she pleaded guilty becaused she made a deal to keep her time lower,not becaused she "wanted to do the right thing".It take a long time to get 24k from the goverment.When did she have the blood test and why? Did she get a blood test because she was trying to "double dip" by trying to get support from the real father also and someone turned her in? If the goverment didn't find out she would still be ripping off the taxpayers.You are right about one thing,there is a lot more to the story like the questions I asked you.Maybe you should keep your mouth shut.
She took that federal plea because her time is at least 20 years in the federal pen if she didn't. THE PROBLEM IS THE JUDGE: WE CALL HIM SPIRAL UP CHUCK (Honorable Charles Siragusa) because he has the authority under the sentencing guidelines to give more time than the charge allows if a federal defendant has: POLICE CONTACT OF ANY KIND OVER HIS/HER LIFETIME OR, IF THE DEFENDANT HAS A LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL PRISON SENTENCE.

Based on the behaviors of the person in question she probably does have a criminal record: WELL I INTRODUCE YOU TO SPIRAL UP CHUCK INSTEAD OF HONORABLE JUDGE SIRAGUSA? 2 ADDITIONAL YEARS FOR EVERY CONTACT. THIS TRICK IS TOAST PLAYING WITH THE FEDS AND WITH A BROKEN SYSTEM TO BOOT! THIS IS ONE OF THE HOTTEST TOPICS (ss) FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTION. No this trick didn't think it was ok to mess with Social security. She better had taken the plea if she wants to see day light again!
dago

Cleveland, OH

#29 Sep 26, 2011
You must not read the bible. Romans 2:1....You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. She loved her first husband but he had an addiction so she wouldnt let him live with her no more. In the meantime, in hopes of him getting better she met someone else. The asshole father of the 15 year old. For you to judge someone when not knowing what is happening in their life or has happened, shame on you. You sound like a miserable person with nothing better to do then to write crap about people on the internet without showing your face or using your real name. God will be the one to condemn you in the end sir. Remember, your judgement means nothing....God's does in the end. This is my sister you are speaking to rotten of and she is a good woman who would give anyone anything. She has always tried to help those in need and still does. She is a good hearted person who makes some dumb decisons at times but not knowing is one thing, robbing is another. You my friend probably live on Social Security Disability and sit on your fat ass all day on the computer while I am paying your bills for you. Get a life.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#30 Sep 26, 2011
That last post wins most hypocritical post of the day. You made a bible blast about how it's wrong to judge people, then went on to judge him.....

nickbo13

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#31 Sep 27, 2011
You know people, pigpen911 is correct. Many people plead guilty right away after being offered a special "deal" (shorter sentence). This happens for all serious crimes, if possible.
christinar

Rochester, NY

#32 Sep 28, 2011
F U first of all, have u ever found ur self in a situation, by yourself, with no family, no one you can depend on and all you have 2 do is for your 3 boys? if you have never found yourself in this type of situation, then i would appreciate no comment. Piggy
Karma

Rochester, NY

#33 Sep 29, 2011
1st dad was a drug addict also and she was known to have some stashed in her house. What goes around comes around and she is nothing but a liar.
susanann51

Brockport, NY

#34 Sep 29, 2011
Let me tell you something right now . she is one of my bestfreinds !! she is fun . loving and is a great mother ..her son had his last name , that was his father , his real father was a piece if crap ,, she is a hard worker . she would give you the shirt of her back !!!
susanann51

Brockport, NY

#35 Sep 29, 2011
karma ,, who are you to judge , she is not a liar ,, i know her personally , your only reading what the paper tells you
dago

Cleveland, OH

#36 Sep 30, 2011
She didnt stash anything in her house and karma is making comments about it.....karma must have been a buyer then huh? Give me a break people. You all are nuts for believing everything you hear. I will defend my sister til the very end regardless if she is right or wrong....but in this case, she's not wrong. Look at the loser father who denied his son for 15 years! He belongs in jail not her.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#37 Sep 30, 2011
dago wrote:
You must not read the bible. Romans 2:1....You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. She loved her first husband but he had an addiction so she wouldnt let him live with her no more. In the meantime, in hopes of him getting better she met someone else. The asshole father of the 15 year old. For you to judge someone when not knowing what is happening in their life or has happened, shame on you. You sound like a miserable person with nothing better to do then to write crap about people on the internet without showing your face or using your real name. God will be the one to condemn you in the end sir. Remember, your judgement means nothing....God's does in the end. This is my sister you are speaking to rotten of and she is a good woman who would give anyone anything. She has always tried to help those in need and still does. She is a good hearted person who makes some dumb decisons at times but not knowing is one thing, robbing is another. You my friend probably live on Social Security Disability and sit on your fat ass all day on the computer while I am paying your bills for you. Get a life.
You want to go there? OK lets. First of all the Bible says judge yourselves so God does not. Secondly, God judges your heart and MAN JUDGES A MANS WAYS. 3rd: THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW. THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS TO OBEY THE LAW! AND FINALLY, THERE IS NOT ONE GOOD NO NOT 1. Even when Nicademus called Jesus good: JESUS REPLIED: WHY DO YOU CALL ME GOOD? THERE IS NOT ONE GOOD, BUT GOD. You are an enabler to your sister (and just for the record, who cares if she is your sister or not). I personally would not defend my sister when she is wrong. YOU THEY CALL A WORKER OF INIQUITY: HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS BUT DENYING THERE OF. Now that God passes his indignation and wrath upon YOUR SISTER, you want to now blame the world for chastisement of your sister. GOD STOPPED THAT DEMON DEAD IN HER TRACKS. MAN CAN NOT SERVE TWO MASTERS. YOU SAY YOU KNOW GOD (AND I THINK SHE MIGHT TOO)BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY SHE IS WRONG,PUNISHED AND BROUGHT DOWN TO HER KNEES FOR SERVING satan. WHO COMES TO KILL, STEAL AND DESTROY? SATAN YES, BUT YOUR SISTER'S FLESH POSSESSED HIM. STEALING IS OF SATAN AND YOU KNOW IT. GOD WILL JUDGE HER. AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGEMENT. REPENT AND BE SET FREE. YOU NEED TO STOP PUSHING THIS ON THE PEOPLE WHO COMMENT SIMPLY BECAUSE: THEY HATED JESUS WITHOUT A CAUSE AND CRUCIFIED HIM FOR NO REASON. YOUR SISTER HAS A REASON. SHE MAY HAVE A WILL TO HELP OTHERS AND THAT'S WHAT GETS HER INTO HEAVEN. NOT THE DEEDS THAT SHE IS DOING. YOU CAN NOT SERVE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHO YOU WILL SERVE. WORKER OF INIQUITY.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#38 Sep 30, 2011
dago wrote:
I was waiting for that comments guys...and that is a comment from ignorant people b/c......out of the 3 kids.....2 of them have died....now what? She fell in love 3 times and 2 are dead and one became a drug addict...so she left him to make a better life for her family. Wow, people judge without knowing facts....thats sad.
YOU CONFUSE LOVE AND LUST. MAN JUDGES THE WAYS OF MAN, NOT THEIR HEARTS. AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGEMENT FROM GOD. SHE IS NOT DEAD~, SHE IS A SINNER SAVED BY GRACE AND MERCY. THE FIRST FORM OF REPENTANCE IS TO NOT DENY THE SIN. YOU KEEP DENYING HER SIN. AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, IT IS THE GOOD THAT SHE DOES ON EARTH THAT GETS HER THE HEAVENLY SPIRIT. HER SINS ARE OF HER FLESH AND MUST BE PUNISHED LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. YOU CAN NOT SERVE GOD AND MAMMON (TREASURES) AND WHERE YOUR TREASURES ARE, THIS IS WHERE YOUR HEART WILL BE. HERS WAS IN $24,000. SHE SERVED MAMMON AND GOT BROUGHT DOWN BY THE MOST HIGH GOD. HE WILL HAVE NO OTHER GOD BEFORE HIM. ESPECIALLY MONEY. FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. WE ALL NOW KNOW WHERE HER EVIL CAME FROM. REPENT AND BE SET FREE. TELL HER TO REPENT SO THAT SHE CAN BE FORGIVEN AND SET FREE BECAUSE HE WHO THE SON FREES, IS FREE INDEED. OBVIOUSLY, SHE IS NOT FREE AND IT'S WRITTEN ALL OVER HER EVIL WORKS. TELL HER TO CALL ON HER GOD (satan) to save her. I bet he can't and she will now call on the name of the LORD JESUS. THAT'S THE ISSUE HERE. NOT WHAT SHE DID, BUT HOW SHE GET'S OUT OF WHAT SHE DID. I BET satan, now that he has come to kill, steal and destroy, his mission is complete. REPENT TO JESUS AND SHE SHALL BE SET FREE. NONE THE LESS AND AT THE END OF THE WEEK: GOD CHASTISES THOSE HE LOVES. LOOK IT AS CHASTISEMENT AS A FATHER WOULD CHASTISE HIS CHILD. SHE MUST BE PUNISHED FIRST FOR SERVING satan, AND THEN FOR HER DEEDS AS A MAN (WOMAN). WHAT CHURCH DO YOU ATTEND THAT YOU ARE SO CONFUSED AT THE WORK OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. GODS WRATH AND INDIGNATION IS UPON HER. WHO CAN WASH AWAY HER SINS? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS~

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#39 Sep 30, 2011
Amanda wrote:
Rhonda just called me, and because she is blocked from making comments on here she asked me to say that if white women from the burbs would stop having several different kids off of several different fathers that maybe they wouldn't get mixed up on who is who's babies daddie.
I think your confused, I see the baby factories in the city doing rather well. I tell you what if all the black woman will stop making babies and going on welfare and stop having even more babies to get more welfare then the white woman will too. I thought you knew the most confusing day in the city for minorities.........Fathers Day. They don't know who the babies daddy is either.
Bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#40 Sep 30, 2011
Crime_Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your confused, I see the baby factories in the city doing rather well. I tell you what if all the black woman will stop making babies and going on welfare and stop having even more babies to get more welfare then the white woman will too. I thought you knew the most confusing day in the city for minorities.........Fathers Day. They don't know who the babies daddy is either.
APPARENTLY YOU ARE IN DENIAL. THAT IS THE STORY OF THE TRAILER TRASH FROM IRONDEQUOIT WHO STOLE THE COUNTRY'S TAX PAYERS MONEY, WHO HAS 4 OR 5 BABY DADDIES. NOW THAT SOME ARE DEAD, HER SECRET WOULD BE SAFE. REMEMBER POLVICH? YOU ARE NOT THE BABY DADDY AND 3RD, LIVING IN IRONDEQUOIT, WHITE AND SUBURBAN. GOOD EXAMPLE FOR BLACKS TO FOLLOW. SHE IS A LOSER AND THE BLACK ONES WHO LIVE LIKE HER ARE TOO. ANYBODY FOR THAT MATTER NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE. HOW COME ALL THE WHITE WOMEN ARE PLAYING LIKE THEY ARE DEPRESSED AND GETTING SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS? THEY GO TO THE GREECE OFFICE TO APPLY, NOT IN THE CITY! DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD A GREECE OFFICE UNTIL MY WHITE NEIGHBOR WHO IS 72 NEEDED A RIDE AND I TOOK HER TO GREECE. SHAME ON YOU IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS IS NOT A WHITE WOMAN'S CRIME TOO. TOO BAD YOU ARE TOO IGNORANT TO SEE THAT ANYBODY WHO RIPS OFF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS RIPPING OFF YOU AND ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR THEY ARE ARREST ALL THESE FREELOADERS. REMEMBER, IF BLACKS DO IT, WHITES DID IT FIRST. SHE MUST BE BLACK TRYING TO PLAY WHITE. THE CHARACTERISTICS THAT YOU SCAPEGOAT THE BLACKS WITH, ARE THE VERY BEHAVIORS THAT YOUR WHITE FRIEND IN IRONDEQUOIT IS DOING. AND BESIDES, BLACKS DON'T GO INTO IRONDEQUOIT. SO SHE DIDN'T GET IT FROM THEM. SHE LEARNED FROM THE CORRUPT TOWN OF IRONDEQUOIT AND THEIR POLICE HOW TO CHEAT AND STEAL. LMAO AT YOU FOR TRYING TO USE BLACK PEOPLE AS A SCAPEGOAT FOR WHITE TRAILER TRASH THAT YOU ARE EMBARRASSED ABOUT AND WANT TO PUSH THIS CRAP OFF ON MINORITIES. DUDE, THIS WOMAN IS WHITE AND YOU ARE IN DENIAL OF WHITE SOCIAL ILLS. AS FOR ME, CRUCIFY THIS BEEEEATCH FOR STEALING FROM THIS BLACK WOMAN. HANG HER JUDGE SIRAGUSA!
susanann51

Brockport, NY

#41 Sep 30, 2011
if everyone was more worried about here own lives and quit judging people that dont know ,, this world would be a better place !!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#42 Sep 30, 2011
Scapegoat, what the hell are you talking about. Your nimble little mind thinks that only white people can rip off social security, fact of the matter is, people of all races do it on a daily basis. So get off your high horse.

If you break the law you should pay...PERIOD. And as stated numerous times before......I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR YOU ARE.

I love this statement by you " BLACKS DON'T GO INTO IRONDEQUOIT." REALLY, then you better go their on court days and see how many BLACKS go into Irondequoit and it's quite a few. So who's living in denial now ? UH THAT WOULD BE .....YOU.
Karma

Rochester, NY

#44 Oct 5, 2011
susanann51 wrote:
karma ,, who are you to judge , she is not a liar ,, i know her personally , your only reading what the paper tells you
I actually had some legal issues with her in the past including her oldest son and I know for a fact she is a liar....What goes around comes around and she deserves what she gets

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 2 hr Stu Gatz 348
John Parinello wants trial moved up LOL! 4 hr Jim 3
News Rochester Police Investigate Officer-Involved S... 10 hr Stay alert stay a... 21
Mountain Laurel Recovery Center now Accepting P... 20 hr Sleazy Advertising 4
Brittanee Drexel Comment from Hemingway, SC for... Wed Reaching 1
Rochester NY 2/6--2/8 Eleven Shot (one dead) On... Tue Annoyed 2
Were Their Two Shooters In Rochester's Latest M... Tue IescapedNY 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irondequoit Mortgages