Midtown new site for RBTL theater

Jun 15, 2010 Full story: Democrat & Chronicle

The Rochester Broadway Theatre League has chosen Midtown Plaza to house a new performing arts center on the condition that the city and county pledge to financially support the project, the Democrat and Chronicle has learned.

Full Story
Diann73

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jun 15, 2010
I am glad they chose to move downtown. I think if downtown cannot be a shopping district, that it should be an entertainment/education district.
Norman

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2010
Well if they picked the Medley Centre instead, they would have to change their name to The IBTL or "The Irondequoit Broadway Theatre League".

I'm just worry what Duffy has secretly promised them now at the last minute to make sure this happens to help him look better for Cuomo's Governor run.
I'm sure after Duffy leaves, we will find out a lot secrets then we want to know about.

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#3 Jun 15, 2010
Why the hell should the taxpayers pay for a bunch of snobs to have a theatre? Most people don't go to the theatre and they still have to pay to support it?This is another waste of OUR money,I know that I don't want to pay for this B/S,use the money to clean up the city,then if there is any left use it to build centers for kids where they can learn and be safe.This crap has to stop,we can't afford it anymore.
Gia Russa

Rochester, NY

#4 Jun 15, 2010
maddog2008 wrote:
Why the hell should the taxpayers pay for a bunch of snobs to have a theatre? Most people don't go to the theatre and they still have to pay to support it?This is another waste of OUR money,I know that I don't want to pay for this B/S,use the money to clean up the city,then if there is any left use it to build centers for kids where they can learn and be safe.This crap has to stop,we can't afford it anymore.
Well look at all the free concerts happening in the city.
Less them half of the City Residents are white, yet at the free Rusted Root concert it was all whites. I'm sure all the whites from the burbs benefited from these concert that city people end up paying for.
When is the last time you heard of Penfield or Victor putting on a free Rap Concert, that city folks could go to????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairport remembers Police Chief Chisholm 10 min JMacTheDrunk 1
Fire Downtown 14 min CityRes 1
Greece's Own J-Mac Inspires TV Commercial 24 min Quincy Magoo 1
Man charged in Thurston Road homicide 1 hr SouthWedgeTardedP... 3
How was a 3-year-old left in a day care van? 2 hr SouthWedgeTardedP... 3
White Woman Arrested For Beating Boy 2 hr Survived2015Blizz... 2
Congratulations Hollie Rider and Josh Jimerson ... 3 hr Bob 17
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web