Fight breaks out at Greece Ridge mall

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

Three people were injured after a large fight broke out at the Regal Cinema movie theater at Greece Ridge Center Mall on Friday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 164 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2014
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
vballray7

Rochester, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2008
People from the city should stay in the city.
Person

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 12, 2008
Yeah that type of person from the city should stay in their own neighborhood where all the fun places (theaters,arcades) were long ago destroyed by that type of person. By no means does that mean that because you are from the city you are a bad person.
tammy

Brockport, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2008
PEOPLE LIKE THAT R TROUBLE THEY SHOULD STAYINTHERE OWN PART OF TOWN DONT COME IN GREESE
Chris

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 12, 2008
Where did it saw they were from the city ? I would like to know where that information was found..... Oh i see nobody from greece would be in a fight and there has never been any violence in Greece, the safest suburb in the county.
DJC

United States

#6 Jan 12, 2008
Chris wrote:
Where did it saw they were from the city ? I would like to know where that information was found..... Oh i see nobody from greece would be in a fight and there has never been any violence in Greece, the safest suburb in the county.
What are we talking here ... a small, 2 and a half paragraph article or, "War And Peace?"

"Only one of the three injured required medical attention for a minor injury. All three were adults from Rochester."
jjj

Plano, TX

#8 Jan 12, 2008
I could have told you this would happen Friday night. I came out of a movie at 9:35 and never saw such a large, intimidating group just hanging around. There is NO reason for this. I think anyone who is a shopper and movie goer should BOYCOTT GREECE RIDGE CENTER until they can control this. How about a curfew? I was disgusted at the behavior, atttitude and foul mouths of these young "people" in the area and hanging around after the mall stores were closed. Greece and Greece Ridge Center should be embarassed. This doesn't happen at Eastview does it? What a shame you can't go see a movie or shop on the weekend without feeling like you're in the middle of a gang fight.
Dee

AOL

#9 Jan 12, 2008
jjj wrote:
I could have told you this would happen Friday night. I came out of a movie at 9:35 and never saw such a large, intimidating group just hanging around. There is NO reason for this. I think anyone who is a shopper and movie goer should BOYCOTT GREECE RIDGE CENTER until they can control this. How about a curfew? I was disgusted at the behavior, atttitude and foul mouths of these young "people" in the area and hanging around after the mall stores were closed. Greece and Greece Ridge Center should be embarassed. This doesn't happen at Eastview does it? What a shame you can't go see a movie or shop on the weekend without feeling like you're in the middle of a gang fight.
I whole heartedly agree with this comment! We SHOULD have a curfew in Greece. City should stay in the city! Why do I say city? I see them come up on buses. Can we stop city BUSES?? That would be nice. I see what hangs around the food court. Me and friends went to a movie last week at 7:20. I too was APPAULD by the behavior of a bunch of thugs hanging around. We need to save GREECE!!

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#10 Jan 12, 2008
This is just another example of trash traveling to the suburbs. I hope the malls and theaters stay on top of this. Nothing chases customers away faster than groups of people (trash) with some sort of attitude problem.
Barb from Honeoye

Rochester, NY

#12 Jan 12, 2008
Tinseltown had some issues like this a few years ago. I think someone was slashed. Does Greece Ridge want to wait for someone to be seriously inhured or in their minds are "minor" injuries accetable? I do not care where the people who started this came from the Mall is responsible for Security and it seems they are failing at their job!!!
will

Schenectady, NY

#13 Jan 12, 2008
Well its official, the ghetto has taken greece too.
Catholic School Teachers

Rochester, NY

#14 Jan 12, 2008
Were they a product of Catholic School education? Obviously not!
Kristin

Rochester, NY

#15 Jan 12, 2008
No wonder there was a fight. Just look at all the hatred being expressed in these comments. How about taking the rhetoric down a notch and addressing the actual problem (a fight at a movie theater) instead of turning this into more than it is. It sounds like a loitering policy needs to be enacted and enforced.
hazel eyes

Webster, NY

#16 Jan 12, 2008
It's sad that we see more racism in these comments than trying to find out what's really going on. How can we assume that because they were from the city, that they were black?
There are actually whites that live in the city that take the bus to Greece. We do need to hold these thugs accountable for what happened last night. But, why does this happens in Greece and not Eastview? Where were your people at Officer Rahn?
JPD

Rochester, NY

#17 Jan 12, 2008
So I'm looking like all these euphemisms..."trash" , "ghetto", "people from the city". I'd have a tad more respect for all you RACISTS if you just came out and said the N-word. Don't try to sugar-coat it: you don't have a problem with "city people", you have a problem with BLACK PEOPLE. Rochester is a very racist city - it just tries hard to pretend like it isn't. Get real with yourselves people! We can't make positive changes until we stop being self-deceiving hypocrites. If you're racist - fine, be that way. I don't care. Just be REAL about it. If we all got honest about how we feel instead of trying to be politically correct all the time, maybe something could actually get done.
greecerez

Victor, NY

#18 Jan 12, 2008
THis shouldn't come as a big surprise! This mall has been deteriorating ever since it opened. THe mall is full of kids at night that are up to no good! Rochester as a whole needs to do something abou this problem before more innocent victims get caught in the crossfire.
Yankee Fan

Pittsford, NY

#19 Jan 12, 2008
How is this being racist when people are commenting on how things really are? The movie complex in Irondequoit had a problem like this a few years back. A couple of young black kids started some fights and the Irondequoit cops drove them right out of town. I say "young, black and kids" because that's exactly who caused the trouble that night. And, to the defense of young black kids, just in case anyone wants to label me after reading this, I've been at the Irondequoit movie complex many times when a lot of them were there and they didn't cause one bit of trouble. They were there to enjoy the movie. But if there are other young black kids that are doing this, we can't pretend that it isn't the problem in most cases.

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#20 Jan 12, 2008
hazel eyes wrote:
It's sad that we see more racism in these comments than trying to find out what's really going on. How can we assume that because they were from the city, that they were black?
There are actually whites that live in the city that take the bus to Greece. We do need to hold these thugs accountable for what happened last night. But, why does this happens in Greece and not Eastview? Where were your people at Officer Rahn?
Who said anything about blacks?
Trash can be black or white...
Kay

Rochester, NY

#25 Jan 12, 2008
I'm assuming that the people who were fighting were teenagers. I know that the Mall at Greece Ridge Center always has a large amount of teenagers at the mall who are causing problems. I know that the Galleria in Buffalo does not let anyone under the age of 18 in the mall after 6pm without a parent or guardian. Why can't Greece do that as well, along with the other malls in the area?
Ellie

Rochester, NY

#26 Jan 12, 2008
I'm assuming that those involved in the fight were teenagers, but I really do not care where they are from. I know that the mall in Greece has a lot of fights and other problems involving teenagers. Why can't the malls in Monroe County take some advice from malls like the Galleria mall in Buffalo and not allow people under the age of 18 or 21 (depending on the age of the defendents) in the mall after 6pm without a parent or guardian. Movie theaters should all do what Movies 10 in Brighton does and not let anyone under the age of 18 in after 6pm without a parent or guardian. As far as race goes and where the defendents are from should not matter, they may be from the city, but they also may be from Webster or Victor just as easily.
Disgusted by behavior

Farmington, NY

#27 Jan 12, 2008
The mall has gotten bad, no matter where the crowd is from that is hanging out there. I will not go there on a Friday or Sat night. A few employees who work at various mall stores have said that even with police presence it is bad. They need a rule like the galleria in Buffalo, no one under 17 without a parent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rochester covering workers' gender reassignment 37 min karl ftm 168
whites and non whites. 1 hr dew4794 7
Love 4 hr Telling 2
White Suburban Arrested for DWAI and EWOC and S... 5 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
White man throws play center at woman 5 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
Gentle Giant convicted of 2nd degree murder 6 hr Todays history fact 14
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Peace Keeper 6,410
•••
•••
Irondequoit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Irondequoit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Irondequoit People Search