Gay bishop returns to Rochester

Gay bishop returns to Rochester

There are 7 comments on the www.democratandchronicle.com story from Apr 30, 2010, titled Gay bishop returns to Rochester. In it, www.democratandchronicle.com reports that:

The Episcopal Church's first openly gay bishop returned to Rochester on Thursday night, 11 years after he was nearly elected bishop here ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.democratandchronicle.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Apr 30, 2010
from democratandchronicle:

"Robinson said when he won that election,'the reaction was pretty strong and pretty negative, not just from people in this country, but from around the world.'

"By contrast, Robinson received an enthusiastic reception Thursday from the crowd that clapped when he talked about 'my partner, now my husband.'"

Does that make Robinson his wife?
If so, it's a novel way to skirt the biblical requirement that a bishop be the husband of one wife as Robinson left his wife to "marry" another man.
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#2 Apr 30, 2010
It is nice to know that the man is still loved by the members of TEC in a diocese that considered him as a canidate for bishop four years before he was elected bishop in NH.

I wish that same love was expressed more often by people that play at being christian but preach the gospel of hate.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 May 1, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
... I wish that same love was expressed more often by people that play at being christian ...
By men who play at being "women"?

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#5 May 1, 2010
I'm not a Catholic but I thought priests were married to Christ. Somehow this doesn't seem quite right.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#6 May 1, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
I'm not a Catholic but I thought priests were married to Christ. Somehow this doesn't seem quite right.
Are you talking about romans?

They 'marry' Christ

This isn't about the romans but about TEC where priests can marry real people..........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#7 May 1, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
I'm not a Catholic but I thought priests were married to Christ ...
Roman nuns, not priests, consider themselves married to Jesus.
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#8 May 1, 2010
So Christ isn't opposed to mutiple wives after all.

You will have to tell our idol worshipping friends like TA that they are all wrong on the concept of one man-one woman marriage. Or is this just another mystery of faith defined by The Bishop of Rome?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunday's protest in California. 15 min Thomas 5
MARKET: Dollar At Two Month Low 42 min IescapedNY 2
News Immigrant family's detention prompts angry demo... 1 hr IescapedNY 3
haha found 2 hr IescapedNY 13
Undocumented aliens: A scourge on society 19 hr Sick of it 10
News Search continues for Brittanee Drexel (Oct '09) 19 hr Badboyfromolddays 77
President Don' T. Care Health Act 19 hr perfect 5

Irondequoit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance