Medina teen charged in the death of his girlfriend

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A Medina teen has been charged after the death of his girlfriend. Jenna Pratt of Medina died in a car crash on December 6th in the Town of Shelby in Orleans County.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of60
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MADD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

You people defending either one of these kids are nuts.

Search her name on youtube, and you will see these 17yr olds drinking at bars.
What bar is it that was serving them??
Is the bar going to be held accountable? And how about the parents, are they going to be held accountable?

I'm glad they didn't kill any innocent people out on the roads.
wet bac

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Vannie wrote:
Can't believe some of you want to blame the victim. It is not an easy thing for an adult with "alcohol experience" to judge how much alcohol it takes for any given person to be impaired, much less when someone has had too much to drive (especially when they say they're "fine".) This girl was only seventeen years old. How much experience do you think she had? I worked in a restaurant in the 80's and the police department came in to give us a seminar on how to determine such things. It's far too easy for people to be a critic. Shame on you. This family lost their child.
And Josh did have experience??? He was only 18. I bet you would have a different take if it were your son. And btw... nobody is blaming the victim... we're just saying that she should be held just as accountable as Josh. Hang in there buddy...
wet bac

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Medina Mom wrote:
Joshua is a very responsible boy. He doesn't deserve this. There is more to this story that people don't know. I have one question? How accurate are these tests? His breathalyzer (sp?) test came out 0.01 and his blood test came back 0.08? Gee, which one is accurate. Josh has suffered enough, Jenna loved him, he loved Jenna, we all love them both. People are such hypocrites. I can't stand it. Stockwell & Pratt families - you have so many people loving you and praying for you, stay strong. This tragedy has broken all our hearts.
Great point Medina Mom! I'd imagine that the breathalyzer was taken at the scene and the blood test at the hospital. Ironically, the results came back at .08 - exactly what was needed to prosecute him for a DWI. I think that there is more to the truth here than is being told... something doesn't smell right
new york

Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Vannie wrote:
Can't believe some of you want to blame the victim. It is not an easy thing for an adult with "alcohol experience" to judge how much alcohol it takes for any given person to be impaired, much less when someone has had too much to drive (especially when they say they're "fine".) This girl was only seventeen years old. How much experience do you think she had? I worked in a restaurant in the 80's and the police department came in to give us a seminar on how to determine such things. It's far too easy for people to be a critic. Shame on you. This family lost their child.
You are right, it is nearly impossible in most situations to judge when people are too impaired to drive. Many drunk drivers appear ok and are not staggering or slurring their speech. But I have been out of high school 30 years, and even back then they taught us was is still taught today-don't drink and drive AT ALL. A beautiful young life lost, another one in shambles, their families and countless relatives and friends are now devastated over this unimaginable tragedy that was completely preventable! Whoever made it possible for the underaged teens to illegally have and consume the alcohol should be prosecuted, of course. But the fact remains,all people, whether teens or adults, are ultimately responsible for THEIR OWN behavior, and all people know better than to drink and drive, most just go ahead and do it anyway. True, they didn't do anything that most everyone hasn't done. They absolutely did not deserve this. But to an unlucky few, this is what happens. And it's not going to stop until people quit drinking and driving.
Frankie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

new york wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it is nearly impossible in most situations to judge when people are too impaired to drive. Many drunk drivers appear ok and are not staggering or slurring their speech. But I have been out of high school 30 years, and even back then they taught us was is still taught today-don't drink and drive AT ALL. A beautiful young life lost, another one in shambles, their families and countless relatives and friends are now devastated over this unimaginable tragedy that was completely preventable! Whoever made it possible for the underaged teens to illegally have and consume the alcohol should be prosecuted, of course. But the fact remains,all people, whether teens or adults, are ultimately responsible for THEIR OWN behavior, and all people know better than to drink and drive, most just go ahead and do it anyway. True, they didn't do anything that most everyone hasn't done. They absolutely did not deserve this. But to an unlucky few, this is what happens. And it's not going to stop until people quit drinking and driving.
Well if your too young to drink, any amount would be unacceptable.
And if they both where drink, its BOTH their faults.
lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

chelsea weddington wrote:
<quoted text> yea well if your black i guess that gives you the exuise to do anything and blame the white people for everything that is why i hate blacks!
Hey "chelse"- it looks like you spent your school years learning how to HATE- you sure as hell didn't spend it learning to spell!!!! Just paint ignorant on your forehead next to the swastika!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

wow.. my thoughts go out to the girls family as well as with the young man and his. a friend of mine died in a car accident at the age of 16 so i know a little how he feels (losing someone close in a senseless act as a car crash).
wet bac

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if your too young to drink, any amount would be unacceptable.
And if they both where drink, its BOTH their faults.
Exactly, Frankie! And alcohol does not discriminate, regardless of age. If this were 25-30 years ago, he would not have been considered underage...
neo-lib

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it your black, LeRoy??? Get over it, slavery was abolished years ago. It's people like you that are why racism still exists. To prove my point, Rodderick Scott - a black man - was just exonerated after shooting a 17 year old kid in the back on somebody else's property. Don't be ignorant...
It wasn't in the back tard
neo-lib

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Medina Mom wrote:
Joshua is a very responsible boy. He doesn't deserve this. There is more to this story that people don't know. I have one question? How accurate are these tests? His breathalyzer (sp?) test came out 0.01 and his blood test came back 0.08? Gee, which one is accurate. Josh has suffered enough, Jenna loved him, he loved Jenna, we all love them both. People are such hypocrites. I can't stand it. Stockwell & Pratt families - you have so many people loving you and praying for you, stay strong. This tragedy has broken all our hearts.
Really? Responsible? Are you kidding? Why is it that whenever this stuff happens the dirtbags become saints? The little punk robbing cars late at night while high on drugs and alcohol was a "good kid", the punk that got drunk and killed another person is so "responsible". If either of these things are true, there would be two more people alive today than there are.
RealWoman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Ron Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
White kills innocent white tennage girl = ah, too bad, so sad let him go.
Black kills a complete POS white teenage boy = lynch his black arse.
You are phucked up.
Totally agree with you on this!!!!!
His Momma

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

He was a good boy.
wet bac

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

neo-lib wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't in the back tard
Actually is was... once in the back and another in the front. Know your facts tard
MHO

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

There are a lot of teens that have pictures up on myspace showing them playing beer pong, or holding beers like they are kings. I don't understand where the parents are during this time. Some parents don't think it's a big deal, because it makes their son look "cool" to have "cool" parents. Wake up!
MHO

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Okay. Stupid is as stupid does. Ron Mexico and RealWoman, are you kidding?! You can't compare the shooting with this (but I'm sure in your ignorance you will try).
The truth

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Enough of the hating on this kid. He made a very costly mistake... bottom line. Now he will have to live with it for the rest of his life. It does not make him a criminal nor a "punk" as some dumba** said a few threads earlier.

The real criminals are the ghetto thugs that make the city of Rochester a sh*thole. Rochester is so bad that someone was just stabbed a couple hours ago at a gas station in broad daylight. These are the real criminals... let's focus our energy hating on them. These punks are no different than the towelhe*ds blowing themselves up and taking innocent civilian lives over in the middle east. Keep things in perspective, people. Let's focus on cleaning up our communities and ridding our society of these worthless pieces of sh*t.
observer

Lyndonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

neo-lib wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Responsible? Are you kidding? Why is it that whenever this stuff happens the dirtbags become saints? The little punk robbing cars late at night while high on drugs and alcohol was a "good kid", the punk that got drunk and killed another person is so "responsible". If either of these things are true, there would be two more people alive today than there are.
I hope nothing like this ever happens to you or your family or anyone you love. When my son was a baby (he is 20 now) a woman I worked with, who had older kids, gave me a very valuable piece of advice. She told me to be careful what I say about other people's children because you never know what yours are going to do. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, why do you have to be so hateful? You have no right because you obviously don't know Josh & Jenna and their families. They are good people who are suffering. Get off you high horse. You make me sick.
neo-lib

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope nothing like this ever happens to you or your family or anyone you love. When my son was a baby (he is 20 now) a woman I worked with, who had older kids, gave me a very valuable piece of advice. She told me to be careful what I say about other people's children because you never know what yours are going to do. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, why do you have to be so hateful? You have no right because you obviously don't know Josh & Jenna and their families. They are good people who are suffering. Get off you high horse. You make me sick.
Yeah everyone makes mistakes, but those mistakes don't result in a death. It's people like you that enable this kind of thing. No one takes responsibiliy for anything anymore. Oh he is a good kid, from a good family, let's just let him go free to make this mistake again and kill someone else! No excuses, in this day and age to be driving while drunk, none! he has the rest of his life to live now, but this young girl does not. Put his butt in jail, if for no other reason than maybe some other young person will think twice before getting behind a wheel drunk. And know I don't know these people and obviously I can never know the young lady, because this so called "good kid" killed her!
new york

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I am sure Jenna and Josh were very nice kids, and they did not deserve for this to happen. But all the parents in their town had better realize that the facts are that they're not keeping close enough watch on what their teens are doing and they need to get out of denial. The open to the public memorial facebook page had dozens of photos of them both, as well as their friends drinking and drunk, like it was all some big joke. Today in Starbucks two women were looking at that page in utter disgust at one of the entries:

MacKenzi Nudd to JPrattt, I miss you so much. I hate not seeing your pretty face everyday.. I dont think it has completely sunk all in yet. Im just waiting for another drunk phone call from you. And I always think what would jenna want us to do, and I have to say party real hard! but no matter what it will never be the same without you. Ohh and by the way I finished your motor mouth picture, your damn sexy. lol. I loveee you &#9829;
Yesterday at 12:22pm
The entire Starbucks cafe was talking about this. These kids don't get it. At all. I hope they smarten up before, Heaven forbid, this happens again. This is not about being on a 'high horse' or judging. It is the public, concerned about major denial about teens illegally drinking and/or driving drunk.
i am a moron

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

The truth wrote:
Rochester is so bad that someone was just stabbed a couple hours ago at a gas station in broad daylight. These are the real criminals... let's focus our energy hating on them..
I have enough energy to hate more than one type of criminal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of60
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Irondequoit Discussions

Search the Irondequoit Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BLACK leaves 4-year-old in car 3 hr Hamburglar 14
White Race is Out of Control 5 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 1
black race is out of control. 6 hr nigbegone 1
10whec runs story of white murderer of 6 and ha... 6 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 1
Topix is DEAD 7 hr Oscar Pistorius Blades 3
Captain's Attic's liquor license suspended 10 hr Nickbos missing legs 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr lionland 6,326
•••
•••
•••
Irondequoit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Irondequoit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••