Medina teen charged in the death of his girlfriend

A Medina teen has been charged after the death of his girlfriend. Jenna Pratt of Medina died in a car crash on December 6th in the Town of Shelby in Orleans County. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jaime

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2009
Ok, yes he should be held accountable. How about the person that CHOSE to get into the car with him - knowing he was intoxicated by state law. Even if she thought he was even tippsy, she should not have gotten in the car. Sorry, let's try to really report this with out creating more drama! Good grief!
kel varnsen

East Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 19, 2009
.08 and he is being charged yet idiots on cell phones get a free pass.....what a joke

Since: Aug 09

Gasport, NY

#3 Dec 19, 2009
Think I would look into where the "teen" got the alcohol.
wellwhynot

Rochester, NY

#4 Dec 19, 2009
Young, pretty, white, dead girl.
This kid is going to do time.
chelsea weddington

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 19, 2009
Yea i agree jaime that is bull crap! She new just as well not to get into a car with somone drinking she was probably drinking too i think he got enough punishment when he killed his gf and maby a fine but jail time? come on get real! I can stand NY state law's some don't make any sence
chelsea weddington

Rochester, NY

#6 Dec 19, 2009
CapnJack1st wrote:
yea that too whoever got them the beer should be charged as well but gl finding them!
new york

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 19, 2009
I would be interested to know if the young lady who passed away was drinking. It's certainly possible, whether she was or not, it's very likely she knew she was getting into a car with someone who had been drinking. What a nightmare for all that Jenna lost her life and her boyfriend is in this situation. I don't think that being a teen is an excuse for this behavior, they are well old enough to know better. There should be a complete investigation on where he/they got the alcohol from. This tragedy was completely preventable. I hope all of their friends who were in the numerous photos of them playing drinking games in front of cases of Labatt's and other booze on several different occasions(posted on the memorial Facebook page, but since taken down) will get a clue and realize if they choose to do this that they are playing with their lives and the lives of others.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 19, 2009
CapnJack1st wrote:
No, they don't do that cause they don't want any more WHITE people getting arrested or making the news.
Jones

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 19, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't do that cause they don't want any more WHITE people getting arrested or making the news.
I take it your black, LeRoy??? Get over it, slavery was abolished years ago. It's people like you that are why racism still exists. To prove my point, Rodderick Scott - a black man - was just exonerated after shooting a 17 year old kid in the back on somebody else's property. Don't be ignorant...
Sally

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 19, 2009
There pictures all of the internet of these kids drinking.

They need to go after the people that gave them the drink.
Tom

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 19, 2009
Looser. A piece of crap. Put him jail.
chelsea weddington

Rochester, NY

#14 Dec 19, 2009
Tom wrote:
Looser. A piece of crap. Put him jail.
who are you callling a looser. apieace of crap?
cross country traveller

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2009
Whether or not the girl got in the car with him knowing he was drinking is a non-issue. Supposing he killed some other person who had no clue? Would you be saying that he had enough punishment then? What if it was YOUR loved one that got killed by this guy who was underage and legally drunk behind a wheel?
Fact of the matter is this kid was drunk, he KNEW he had been drinking, illegally at that. HE made the decision to get behind the wheel of that car and drive. Now he needs to suffer the consequences of his actions...and the fact is he murdered someone...so yes, he should do jail time and a lot of it. Maybe he will learn that with privileges comes responsibility....but I doubt it.
CountryGirl

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 19, 2009
There is only one true judge in this world and that's God - So sit back and stop judging someone (1) you don't even know (2) you weren't there (3) you don't know all the facts. I'm not condoning drinking and driving whatsoever. Maybe you should all sit back and think - How would I feel if I were him? I watched my girlfriend die and now am being charged with her death.

Since: Sep 09

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 20, 2009
Leave the kid alone he has gone through enough, NYS wants to put him in jail yet 12 dumbutts let a murderer walk this weekend.
Dog123

Conesus, NY

#18 Dec 20, 2009
Oh Leroy, don't be a hater! Merry Christmas buddy
Kristen

Rochester, NY

#19 Dec 20, 2009
Thier are alot of people at fault here not just josh. Us parents need to step up and teach our children that drinking and driving is NOT a option and not to get in the car with anyone who is drinking and driving. Adults need to stop buying underage kids beer. unfortunately Jenna got in the car with josh , which was her decision. I suspect that they both were drinking, i may be wrong, but i was at that age to i know what goes on. Regardless a life was lost do to drinking and driving and people need to be held accountable, I think that Josh will have to live with what happened forever and that is the most damaging punishment anyone can get. I hope this is a lesson for parents, teenagers, and the community it is now time to Step up against drinking and driving, and underage drinking. To the Pratt Family, i am so very sorry for you loss.
Ron Mexico

Rochester, NY

#20 Dec 20, 2009
Hockey_Lover wrote:
Leave the kid alone he has gone through enough, NYS wants to put him in jail yet 12 dumbutts let a murderer walk this weekend.
White kills innocent white tennage girl = ah, too bad, so sad let him go.

Black kills a complete POS white teenage boy = lynch his black arse.

You are phucked up.
Vannie

Canandaigua, NY

#22 Dec 20, 2009
Can't believe some of you want to blame the victim. It is not an easy thing for an adult with "alcohol experience" to judge how much alcohol it takes for any given person to be impaired, much less when someone has had too much to drive (especially when they say they're "fine".) This girl was only seventeen years old. How much experience do you think she had? I worked in a restaurant in the 80's and the police department came in to give us a seminar on how to determine such things. It's far too easy for people to be a critic. Shame on you. This family lost their child.
Medina Mom

Fairport, NY

#23 Dec 20, 2009
Joshua is a very responsible boy. He doesn't deserve this. There is more to this story that people don't know. I have one question? How accurate are these tests? His breathalyzer (sp?) test came out 0.01 and his blood test came back 0.08? Gee, which one is accurate. Josh has suffered enough, Jenna loved him, he loved Jenna, we all love them both. People are such hypocrites. I can't stand it. Stockwell & Pratt families - you have so many people loving you and praying for you, stay strong. This tragedy has broken all our hearts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kodak Going Into Smartphone Business 12 min Justice Served 8
10WHEC leaves out the Mugshot of another White ... 20 min Justice Served 5
Rochester Rocs: Best Fish Fry (Apr '14) 1 hr Rhonda 27
Brother wease el and hate 2 hr Ezra 28
rhonda hates being black (Mar '14) 2 hr Proud Honky 7
pants up dont loot 2 hr Proud Honky 16
White girls defend their Pimp (Jun '13) 6 hr ape hat 6
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Irondequoit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Irondequoit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots: Complete Week 17 Preview for New England
NBC Sports 5:41 AM
Roethlisberger's knee apparently is fine
NBC Sports12:24 PM
Cam Heyward embraces leadership role with Steelers - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:49 PM
Pats' Gray Ruled out for Week 17
Yahoo! Sports 2:01 PM
Chiefs quarterback Smith out with lacerated spleen