Dropkick Murphy

Rochester, NY

#28 May 24, 2013
Were these boys Irish?
Grady Stiles

Brooklyn, NY

#29 May 24, 2013
colin flaherty wrote:
I write about racial violence for WND.com ...can anyone tell me more details about what happened to them. or what they saw?
colin@colinflaherty.com
Google Rochester and ribfest if you want to see the excitement headed our way this weekend
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#30 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>Google Rochester and ribfest if you want to see the excitement headed our way this weekend
what excitement??? Nothing happened inside either of the two events.
Just more white hysteria.
Grady Stiles

Brooklyn, NY

#31 May 24, 2013
Quacker Bearal wrote:
<quoted text>what excitement??? Nothing happened inside either of the two events.
Just more white hysteria.
You don't call the Charlotte beach park and parking lot party of ribfest? You don't consider fighting at lilac concert venues and at the lilac amusement rides part of lilac fest? Keep up the lies and spin the truth, jackwad.
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#32 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>You don't call the Charlotte beach park and parking lot party of ribfest? You don't consider fighting at lilac concert venues and at the lilac amusement rides part of lilac fest? Keep up the lies and spin the truth, jackwad.
So what, there are fights at the East End Fest and Ten Ugly Men....the difference is the demographic involved in them and the disproportionate media coverage. Any given night you can see the same demographic beating the crap out of each other around East and Alexander.
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#33 May 24, 2013
It will stay with me for wrote:
I was jumped and beat up by a half dozen or more teens up in the lilacs after the Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Wednesday night.
What were you doing up in the Lilacs after dark???

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#34 May 24, 2013
colin flaherty wrote:
I write about racial violence for WND.com ...can anyone tell me more details about what happened to them. or what they saw?
colin@colinflaherty.com
I was there and saw what happened first hand. Read the other Lilac Fest threads on here to get the truth. What I saw was a group of 50 black teenagers being herded out of the festival area and onto the main road that borders the fest.(South Ave.) The group started fighting with each other right in front of the police. There were probably about 5 cops standing there at the time. Within moments, about 5 additional police cars pulled up. The cops were definitely out numbered. The teens were running in every direction like wild animals. Screaming, hollering, swearing at the cops, etc. The cops rounded up as many as they could and arrested them. The other teens started down South Ave. en masse. A few blocks from where this melee occurred, the stabbings took place.
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#35 May 24, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>I was there and saw what happened first hand. Read the other Lilac Fest threads on here to get the truth. What I saw was a group of 50 black teenagers being herded out of the festival area and onto the main road that borders the fest.(South Ave.) The group started fighting with each other right in front of the police. There were probably about 5 cops standing there at the time. Within moments, about 5 additional police cars pulled up. The cops were definitely out numbered. The teens were running in every direction like wild animals. Screaming, hollering, swearing at the cops, etc. The cops rounded up as many as they could and arrested them. The other teens started down South Ave. en masse. A few blocks from where this melee occurred, the stabbings took place.
More "white hysteria"....only one stabbing took place in close proximity and time to the festival. The other three took place a mile away and nearly three and half hours later. Well after the festival had closed.
Grady Stiles

Brooklyn, NY

#38 May 24, 2013
Quacker Bearal wrote:
<quoted text>
More "white hysteria"....only one stabbing took place in close proximity and time to the festival. The other three took place a mile away and nearly three and half hours later. Well after the festival had closed.
Lmfao at you trying to downplay "only one stabbing" at a flower festival! Ha ha I spit my soda all over my keyboard rotfl!
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#39 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>Lmfao at you trying to downplay "only one stabbing" at a flower festival! Ha ha I spit my soda all over my keyboard rotfl!
Again with the white hype....it didn't occur on or at the festival. FYI: The Lilac is a tree not a flower.

Location hidden

#40 May 24, 2013
Use as many usernames as you choose, Crotchety. A mile away is not that far. The victims of the stabbings said they left the Lilac Fest. Period. You can try to spin this as many ways as you like but you cannot change the facts. They were arrested for fighting. They resisted breaking up and moving on. They intentionally did this. I was there and saw it first hand. You weren't there. They let many of them go after cuffing them. The ones that were ultimately arrested were the ones that resisted dispersing and going home. Make sure you respond to this post by using about 5 names because you are the only one who agrees with you. Oh. Maybe Not-biracial one will agree with you. Since he's a pathetic, pathological liar.
Grady Stiles

Brooklyn, NY

#41 May 24, 2013
Quacker Bearal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the white hype....it didn't occur on or at the festival. FYI: The Lilac is a tree not a flower.
The Lilac Fest celebrates the Lilac FLOWER which just happens to grow on the Lilac SHRUB. Thanks for proving your lack of intelligence. So did you think Rochester should be known as the tree city, instead of the flower city? LMFAO.
FTW

Rochester, NY

#42 May 24, 2013
Use as many usernames as you choose, Crotchety. A mile away is not that far. The victims of the stabbings said they left the Lilac Fest. Period. Since he's a pathetic, pathological liar.
oh, that "time of the month flow" again. Listening to Hootie and the Blowfish and eating tuna salad.
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#43 May 24, 2013
Use as many usernames as you choose, Crotchety. A mile away is not that far. The victims of the stabbings said they left the Lilac Fest. Period. You can try to spin this as many ways as you like but you cannot change the facts. They were arrested for fighting. They resisted breaking up and moving on. They intentionally did this. I was there and saw it first hand. You weren't there. They let many of them go after cuffing them. The ones that were ultimately arrested were the ones that resisted dispersing and going home. Make sure you respond to this post by using about 5 names because you are the only one who agrees with you. Oh. Maybe Not-biracial one will agree with you. Since he's a pathetic, pathological liar.
What facts have been changed???
Your hysteria and phobia of blacks is getting the better of you.
Steel Sit Tee Stoop It

Rochester, NY

#44 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>The Lilac Fest celebrates the Lilac FLOWER which just happens to grow on the Lilac SHRUB. Thanks for proving your lack of intelligence. So did you think Rochester should be known as the tree city, instead of the flower city? LMFAO.
should be known as Sleep City. everybody hanging around with eyes closed, wearing pajama's. with rags on the head and flour (white)faces. especially me, i'm guilty.

Location hidden

#45 May 24, 2013
Quacker Bearal wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts have been changed???
Your hysteria and phobia of blacks is getting the better of you.
I don't have a phobia of blacks, Crotchety. I have a phobia of criminals. Hysteria, huh? You make a laughing stock of yourself by constantly trying to spin and deny.
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#46 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>The Lilac Fest celebrates the Lilac FLOWER which just happens to grow on the Lilac SHRUB. Thanks for proving your lack of intelligence. So did you think Rochester should be known as the tree city, instead of the flower city? LMFAO.
Oh boy, the lilacs have nothing to do with the name. Originally it was the "Flour City"...and yes we should be the tree city. Rochester has won several national awards for its urban forestry, including it's Lilac Trees!
Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#49 May 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>You really are mentally challenged. Yes we all know about high falls and the flour mills. Since all the FLOUR mills closed about 100 yrs ago, Rochester was renamed to the flower city. The first lilac fest started waaaayyyyy back then with a collection of lilac BUSHES. The city logo is a FLOWER.
When you can't win, throw an insult.

Ok let me give you the facts so you don't have to make the up as you go along.
The City moniker was changed from flour to flower in the 1850's due to Rochester being the home of the largest seed companies in the U.S., if not the world at the time.

The first Lilacs weren't plant in Highland Pk until 1892 and the first festival wasn't until 1898.

Like I said the Lilacs have nothing to do with the name. The City had name forty something years prior to the first TREE being planted.

Quacker Bearal

Rochester, NY

#50 May 24, 2013
Floral catalogues from Rochester helped the city win the recognition as the Flower City of America. The city’s current logo, with its abstract water wheel/flower design, nods to both the flour-milling industries, which moved westward in the 1830s, and seed and flower industries which declined by the 1890s. Rochester was the world leader in both.

http://www.rochestersubway.com/topics/2013/01...
Grady Stiles

Brooklyn, NY

#51 May 24, 2013
First lilac fest was in 1908. Learn to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10WHEC leaves out the Mugshot of another White ... 9 min Justice Served 12
Rochester Rocs: Best Fish Fry (Apr '14) 4 hr Jokette 35
Local law enforcement agencies to honor fallen ... 4 hr Jokette 6
Kodak Going Into Smartphone Business 4 hr FURHONDA 11
rhonda hates being black (Mar '14) 7 hr Jokette 12
Rochester homeless tents vacated 7 hr Jokette 21
Missing memories (Aug '09) 9 hr Jokette 45
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web