Why can't city kids go to school on election day?

There are 6 comments on the Nov 9, 2011, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle story titled Why can't city kids go to school on election day?. In it, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports that:

I don't understand why Rochester city schools are closed on election day. It seems to me that a district that has so many issues with kids not graduating or graduating not ready for college or career needs to not have a holiday on a Tuesday, and then three days later, they have Veterans Day off, thenA two weeks later, get three days off for ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 9, 2011
The bigger question is why don't the city kids go to school most of the time.
Im a Chubby Chaser

Rochester, NY

#2 Nov 9, 2011
Because most Voting centers in the city are held in the schools. Do you want sexual predators and other ex-cons from the city roaming school halls (they have the right to vote too).

Gee, so sorry that Veteran's Day is on a Friday, must be so inconvenient for a bum like you who never served in the military, you coward.

Pigs are suppose to be intelligent animals, but I guess you're the exception.

Location hidden

#3 Nov 9, 2011
Im a Chubby Chaser wrote:
Because most Voting centers in the city are held in the schools. Do you want sexual predators and other ex-cons from the city roaming school halls (they have the right to vote too).
Gee, so sorry that Veteran's Day is on a Friday, must be so inconvenient for a bum like you who never served in the military, you coward.
Pigs are suppose to be intelligent animals, but I guess you're the exception.
O.K. idiot:1) voting centers are also held in the schools in the burbs,they still had classes.2)You shouldn't talk out of your lazy racist butt when you don't know what you are talking about.3)If anyone is a coward it is you.4)Born here,raised here,schooled here,bled for this country,bet you can't say the same.But knowing the type of lowlife that you are you wouldn't do a thing for the country other then suck off of the goverment teat.Typical.
Bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#4 Nov 9, 2011
pigpen911 wrote:
The bigger question is why don't the city kids go to school most of the time.
THE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT OF ROCHESTER NY SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL MONDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. 1 WEEK OF IN THE YEAR FOR THE SUMMER.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2011
Bigsingle wrote:
<quoted text>
THE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT OF ROCHESTER NY SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL MONDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. 1 WEEK OF IN THE YEAR FOR THE SUMMER.
Well maybe Mon thru Sat.and two weeks off in the summer.
Bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#6 Nov 9, 2011
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe Mon thru Sat.and two weeks off in the summer.
These sobs don't go to church so I say overnight for 7 days. and ok two weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
13WHAM Anchor Don Alhart to work until he drops... (Jan '13) 3 hr watchman69 47
News 1 dead, 6 injured after Gates shooting 3 hr watchman69 10
Poll Bob L0nsberry Or Jim Quinn From 8.00-9.00 am? 3 hr watchman69 3
Racist White Cop Gets to Quit Before Getting Fired 3 hr watchman69 99
News Food Truck Rodeo returns to the Rochester Publi... 3 hr watchman69 2
News Traffic stop leads to more than 10 pounds of ma... 3 hr watchman69 2
News How you can find love a " even after 70 4 hr nickbo13 1
More from around the web

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE