Foodlink's Summer Meals Program Kickoff

Posted in the Irondequoit Forum

Whitey

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Foodlink is celebrating the kickoff of its summer meals program Thursday.

Summer meals are available for all Rochester children free of charge.

When school closes, so does the cafeteria, so this program is designed to make sure all city kids 18 and under can get nutritious meals throughout the summer.

Today's kickoff event will be held at Sahlenís Stadium and include face painting, obstacle courses, bounce houses and of course, a nutritious lunch.
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/all_news/roc...

Ever wonder how "they" can spend thier food stamps/EBT on everything except food?
Wonder what this costs the tax payers.
maddog2012

Rochester, NY

#3 Jun 27, 2013
Whitey wrote:
Foodlink is celebrating the kickoff of its summer meals program Thursday.
Summer meals are available for all Rochester children free of charge.
When school closes, so does the cafeteria, so this program is designed to make sure all city kids 18 and under can get nutritious meals throughout the summer.
Today's kickoff event will be held at Sahlenís Stadium and include face painting, obstacle courses, bounce houses and of course, a nutritious lunch.
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/all_news/roc...
Ever wonder how "they" can spend thier food stamps/EBT on everything except food?
Sure does make you wonder doesn't it?

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#4 Jun 27, 2013
The scary part of this is:
These kids are being supported by a system that is under so much stress that it's going to break.
If we allow yet ANOTHER generation to "think" that it's always there as a handout, we're doomed. It's time to get some REAL education into these kids when they're being cared for. That you need to WORK. That you need to be RESPONSIBLE for yourself.
That you have to practice birth control.
That you need to WORK for yourselves and your family. If they're under 18 and over 12, they should be in a vocational summer trainig program, NOT a freaking fair run for their enjoyment.
I understand they're just kids, I'm not advocating a sweat-shop, merely planting the seeds of responsibility and self esteem. Being made to feel GOOD about carrying THEMSELVES through life.
We've already lost their parents, let's not lose them, also.
Another thing, can we at the VERY LEAST, check eligibility at the door for these meals?
The fact that parents of "some" of these kids are working, making good money and dropping them off as a free daycare, and food bank is disturbing.
Ask the kids, they'll tell you if the parents are working and where they work.
Showing up hungry isn't a crime, showing up because your parents are frauds, IS.

out.
maddog2012

Rochester, NY

#6 Jun 27, 2013
doesn't really matter. i'm such a heel for always worrying and wondering what children are getting. This is what a-holes like me do.
maddog2012

Rochester, NY

#7 Jun 27, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
The scary part of this is:
These kids are being supported by a system that is under so much stress that it's going to break.
If we allow yet ANOTHER generation to "think" that it's always there as a handout, we're doomed. It's time to get some REAL education into these kids when they're being cared for. That you need to WORK. That you need to be RESPONSIBLE for yourself.
That you have to practice birth control.
That you need to WORK for yourselves and your family. If they're under 18 and over 12, they should be in a vocational summer trainig program, NOT a freaking fair run for their enjoyment.
I understand they're just kids, I'm not advocating a sweat-shop, merely planting the seeds of responsibility and self esteem. Being made to feel GOOD about carrying THEMSELVES through life.
We've already lost their parents, let's not lose them, also.
Another thing, can we at the VERY LEAST, check eligibility at the door for these meals?
The fact that parents of "some" of these kids are working, making good money and dropping them off as a free daycare, and food bank is disturbing.
Ask the kids, they'll tell you if the parents are working and where they work.
Showing up hungry isn't a crime, showing up because your parents are frauds, IS.
out.
especially those greedy selfish white kids. they forever think they are privileged to get whatever they want. i'm tired of it

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#9 Jun 27, 2013
maddog2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
especially those greedy selfish white kids. they forever think they are privileged to get whatever they want. i'm tired of it
Rhinda,
Face it, I know him good enough, that you're blatantly obvious in faking being him.
Did you follow that? OK, Good.
Now, I see that you have NO GOOD RETORT for my statements, so you judge my comments poorly and then YOU try to fake another commenters name.
You really are a drain on society.
Thanks for using what miniscule brains that you do have to MAKE a difference.
Typical.
Token.
Expected.
Fake Cat

Rochester, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Rhinda,
Face it, I know him good enough, that you're blatantly obvious in faking being him.
Now, I see that you have NO GOOD RETORT for my statements, so you judge my comments poorly and then YOU try to fake another commenters name.
Typical.
Token.
Expected.

yeah, but who is Rhinda? Another imaginary friend.
Fake Cat

Rochester, NY

#12 Jun 27, 2013
White people are just plain haters. they hate any and every thing.
they are creepy Azz crackers too.
Anonymous

Rochester, NY

#13 Jun 27, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Rhinda,
Typical.
Token.
Expected.
She/he is too stupid to even think that Kat. Got to love the troll using other people's names because "it" can't defend her/his ilk.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2013
Free meals. Fine. Not the kids fault the parents can't afford/ be bothered to whip up a PBJ sandwich and a glass of milk. Which one is it I wonder ?
The "kickoff party" seems a bit over the top and not needed. Yeah..poverty and laziness. Let's celebrate your parents incompetence. Some of these parents really seem to be treated like children themselves..doing everything for them. Making their meals for their children..do they cut the parents meat for them as well at their house ?
John

Rochester, NY

#16 Jun 27, 2013
Why graduate from the RCSD. Attend RCSD? Everything is free and you do not need to work. Free food. Its all over town. Even Wegmans gives you all free food that is day old. Even the kids get free food all over town plus school. No 401K old plan or retirement needed. You are retired for life. Health insurance? No worries here. Its free for life. Dental. Its free. Cell phones. They are free. How many do you want.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

#17 Jun 27, 2013
rochmetro wrote:
Free meals. Fine. Not the kids fault the parents can't afford/ be bothered to whip up a PBJ sandwich and a glass of milk. Which one is it I wonder ?
The "kickoff party" seems a bit over the top and not needed. Yeah..poverty and laziness. Let's celebrate your parents incompetence. Some of these parents really seem to be treated like children themselves..doing everything for them. Making their meals for their children..do they cut the parents meat for them as well at their house ?
No; lets celebrate white racist Americas, attitude of superiority, but for no other reason except the color of their skin. Lets celebrate generation to generation of discrimination and racism against blacks; in the labor market, housing, financial, education, etc, etc. Yea; lets celebrate the fact that most blacks get paid less on their jobs then whites. Lets celebrate, the fact that blacks have made major contributions to this country, in medicine, the arts, science, etc, etc; yet black history is not allowed in the public school system in this country. Why, is that I wonder? What are they trying to hide? And could it also reveal that white racist America was worst then Nazi Germany, in its own war against humanity.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#18 Jun 27, 2013
allknowing wrote:
<quoted text>No; lets celebrate white racist Americas, attitude of superiority, but for no other reason except the color of their skin. Lets celebrate generation to generation of discrimination and racism against blacks; in the labor market, housing, financial, education, etc, etc. Yea; lets celebrate the fact that most blacks get paid less on their jobs then whites. Lets celebrate, the fact that blacks have made major contributions to this country, in medicine, the arts, science, etc, etc; yet black history is not allowed in the public school system in this country. Why, is that I wonder? What are they trying to hide? And could it also reveal that white racist America was worst then Nazi Germany, in its own war against humanity.
What does your rant have anything with with making a simple sandwich for your children ? Wow. you are loaded for bear with excuses. We are not talking about getting to college..we are talking about making a 2 dollar lunch for a child. So because of all your excuses..these poor people cannot make a basic lunch ? Are they in wheelchairs ? Are their arms broke ? Do they go without food themselves ? I didn't think so. Because white people are racist.poor people cannot function at all ? Is that what you are saying ?
Wyatt Kracur

United States

#19 Jun 28, 2013
Whitey wrote:
There is way more Section 8, WIC and EBT for "you people" than for "they"! "you people" hide your dirty little secret in the back woods, trailer parks and rural county that know body gives a crap about. "they" are in your face every day and you paint them as the problem. I see "you people" everyday doing the same exact thing.
In another thread you complained about Foodlink giving "they" food during the Summer. Those same trucks drive out to where "you people" are hidden and perform the same service.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

#20 Jun 29, 2013
Wyatt Kracur wrote:
<quoted text> There is way more Section 8, WIC and EBT for "you people" than for "they"! "you people" hide your dirty little secret in the back woods, trailer parks and rural county that know body gives a crap about. "they" are in your face every day and you paint them as the problem. I see "you people" everyday doing the same exact thing.
In another thread you complained about Foodlink giving "they" food during the Summer. Those same trucks drive out to where "you people" are hidden and perform the same service.
Thank you!!! and AMEN to that. They do receive a lot more than blacks in this country for the simple reason that they are white. They are the lazy ones looking for a freaking hand out, and use the white controlled media to blame it on blacks. They think they are entitled to something, because this country is controlled and dominated by white evil racist men. Don't get me wrong I know and understand that there are good white people in this country just like there are good black people and other good people of every ethnic group. However, they do their dirt, hide their hands and blame it on blacks. If the truth be told whites in this country is the reason this country has turned into a third world nation. They have dug ditches for blacks from generation to generation, lied cheated and stole. You can't keep on doing a people wrong and expect it to come out right for you, can't happen.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

#21 Jun 29, 2013
rochmetro wrote:
No; it's not the kids fault, it's the countries fault. I'm more than certain that you and more whites then blacks are receiveing, foodstamps, section 8, medicaid, and cash benefits. It's a fact that in order for blacks to receive Government benefits they almost have to be destitute, and then they only get the bare bones. While whites have jobs and go to school for their higher education and still receive government benefits, I know what I'm talking about so stop lying, and get a freakiing job. I'm sure you will get one before a black will.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#22 Jun 29, 2013
allknowing wrote:
<quoted text>No; it's not the kids fault, it's the countries fault. I'm more than certain that you and more whites then blacks are receiveing, foodstamps, section 8, medicaid, and cash benefits. It's a fact that in order for blacks to receive Government benefits they almost have to be destitute, and then they only get the bare bones. While whites have jobs and go to school for their higher education and still receive government benefits, I know what I'm talking about so stop lying, and get a freakiing job. I'm sure you will get one before a black will.
I have a job and receive zero government assistance. Wrong again.
Go have your parades and parties for poverty. I'm against it. You must be for it.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

#23 Jun 29, 2013
rochmetro wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a job and receive zero government assistance. Wrong again.
Go have your parades and parties for poverty. I'm against it. You must be for it.
The truth hurts; I know, but the truth must be faced. It's medicine for the soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hero Minted in Canada... much like our Heroes 48 min Super Smart 10
White Woman has Sex with a 3 year old gets 25 y... 1 hr Super Smart 2
Fire Department Help Give Away Food 2 hr CityRes 1
White Guy Robbing Joggers in Seneca Park 2 hr CityRes 1
Arnett Boulevard burglary suspect was not a bur... 2 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 2
Gates Police Officer Verbakel Does Great Job at... 3 hr Rhondas Friend 12
Arrest made in murder of Rochester father 3 hr White One 3
Irondequoit Dating
Find my Match

Irondequoit Jobs