slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

If you look at what has happened to the show Alan the brother wease el is on since it started it makes perfect sense. Not a single person is still on the air locally in the small market of Rochester NY from the original show .Unless however you count Alan's personal side kick who will be left out in the cold when Alan is told not to return . This is not how you build a show that can compete in today's saturated media market.

Jammie must be given immense respect and business savvy for jumping off the ship before it crashed.It never looks good on a resume to be associated with a titanic failure and he will not regret escaping while he could.Best local radio move of the decade with out a doubt.

Once again Alan has not been on top locally in the ratings and this would have been unheard of when he was the lone Dj with no competition and he ruled the local air waves.
To compare this to what simple and small minded sports fans do all the time,Alan is the old veteran who just could not walk away when he was on top and now looks more and more ridicules by trying to hang on to a career that once was a force ,even if it was in a very small market and he never was able to cash in on syndication .Sure he tried a stint in Buffalo and we all know where that went.As far as the Notre Dame comparison any one who knows any thing about Football knew that they should not have even been allowed on that field and they were beaten from top to bottom by a much better team.Alan in my opinion and his own quotes is working harder than he ever has to stay in the game .I guess dignity is the last thing to go ,after hearing and eye loss and what ever else starts to fail in a persons late 60s.

By the way and I am being sincere and honest and this is heartfelt ,I actually do not agree with Alan being put in a death pool .I actually disagree with the concept and especially for any one who has young children.There are many old men who have started families late in life but that is another debate to be had at a different time.And by the way if their are people who are fans of Alan than all the power to them ,I am simply offering a opinion that is different then others.Not sure why they are so hostile but I guess tolerance is not in the cards .Hypocrisy at its peak but I expected nothing less than that.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Alan knows the radio talk show host who put Alan in that pool so I feel I do not need to mention him on this thread.But as i said before Alan really does not have any right to question what some one else does on a local radio show.As one post pointed out ,Alan talks down to people ,especially women all the time so for him to be upset is ridicules and absurd.
Lance

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Gary. What kind of medication are you on? I mean, you have always been nuts but your posts are just plain whacky. I hope it is medication for some Dental work, but maybe your Dentist should take you off of it before you are a complete vegetable.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

As any one can notice the response from Bksie is to change the subject from Alan to any thing that might distract attention away from the subject at hand.It is a classic case of denial by obfuscation.

Alan the Brother Wease el levin is in a paradox of trying to remain relevant and not being looked upon as a nearly 70 year old has been from the 60s. Bksie is hell bent on telling people Alan can retire when he wants and he is only working because of the love of radio .This is surely in my humble but very accurate opinion all BS. Alan has to work and needs to continue to work and he has saw first hand what a year and a half off the air waves has done to the show he is on.He still can not even get close to being number one and with all the changes on the show he is on it is easily understood why.

He and the people dependent on him being alive will always say that he does not have to work but decides to stay anyway.With the departure of Jammie the penny pinching ways of CC has come full circle and as I once again predicted Alan would not defend what he calls his friends on the air.

My predictions have been very very close and in the end Alan will find a way to stay on longer yet again for the ( sake of the audience ) LOL ha ha ha ,but he will keep the details about what he is working for a very very tight secret because he knows full well that he is becoming a joke .

What one can never underestimate is that Alan has huge obligations and the money train can never really end for him and that train is dependent on him being able to work.

By the way Bksie ,you never confirmed that Alan donated that money from his own account .I guess you do not want to answer and again I only expect that from intolerant people associated with Alan,.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

BKsie ,you need to find another hobby in life that does not include defending a man who left a new born and has been married THREE times while demeaning woman and talking down to people .As the post noted ,Alan said Honey let me tell you why you are wrong as if only Alan can speak for women,..

But it is what Alan does and it certainly in my opinion magnifies what he is like off the air.He loves to portend himself to be a man of the people and a voice of reason but he has supported the vast waste of money on the foolish ferry and the 145 million dollars that went down the drain with it.

Alan was a vocal proponent of the ferry ( for you Wease listeners that means Alan supported it with all his might) and he loved mayor Johnson no matter how much 1180 threw up warning flags showing how corrupt he was. Alan wanted that ferry and Johnson knew Alan could be a solid supporter for the biggest debacle since watergate.
Alan might be a two faced man but he knows how to get behind this ferry no matter if the people wanted it or not.Alan believes the people in this town are conservative and stupid for not wanting the ferry and if he denies that he just makes it even more clear that he is nothing but a DJ that uses radio to ..

In the end Alan is close to 70 and the people near him are not happy about what will happen if Alan is told to stay home.What i can tell you is that he will always do what is in his best interest and only his best interest first.Alan is always only worried about Alan and for you schlepps thinking he cares about you ,ask the many littered co hosts he has burned to find out the truth. Facts are facts.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Some posts are so good they need to be re posted. In this case the hypocrisy of Alan is well documented and the people around Alan are just as foolish as he is .Its fun to watch because the show he is on is a train wreck and that is a fact.

BKsie ,you need to find another hobby in life that does not include defending a man who left a new born and has been married THREE times while demeaning woman and talking down to people .As the post noted ,Alan said Honey let me tell you why you are wrong as if only Alan can speak for women,..

But it is what Alan does and it certainly in my opinion magnifies what he is like off the air.He loves to portend himself to be a man of the people and a voice of reason but he has supported the vast waste of money on the foolish ferry and the 145 million dollars that went down the drain with it.

Alan was a vocal proponent of the ferry ( for you Wease listeners that means Alan supported it with all his might) and he loved mayor Johnson no matter how much 1180 threw up warning flags showing how corrupt he was. Alan wanted that ferry and Johnson knew Alan could be a solid supporter for the biggest debacle since watergate.
Alan might be a two faced man but he knows how to get behind this ferry no matter if the people wanted it or not.Alan believes the people in this town are conservative and stupid for not wanting the ferry and if he denies that he just makes it even more clear that he is nothing but a DJ that uses radio to ..

In the end Alan is close to 70 and the people near him are not happy about what will happen if Alan is told to stay home.What i can tell you is that he will always do what is in his best interest and only his best interest first.Alan is always only worried about Alan and for you schlepps thinking he cares about you ,ask the many littered co hosts he has burned to find out the truth. Facts are facts.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

As a matter of record I liked tommy and jammie and I know Alan is really upset about Tommy and billy on the break room and I believe that sooner rather than later Alan will find a reason to talk bad about jammie.

But for now Alan is very good at obeying the rules set by CC and if they tell Alan to never ever mention Jammie no matter how much Alan said he liked him ,Alan will obey like a good dog because he only cares about himself.Just look at his record on people who have left and you will see what i mean.Bksie ,if you are smart you will get out of there before it gets any worse. I wish you luck ..
Lance

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Lance wrote:
Gary. What kind of medication are you on? I mean, you have always been nuts but your posts are just plain whacky. I hope it is medication for some Dental work, but maybe your Dentist should take you off of it before you are a complete vegetable.
I figured I better post this again becuase it appears that Gary did not take my advice. I am reaching out to you Gary.
Also, I see the #1 Morning Show in Rochester will now be on for 7 hours, 5-Noon. Great news right Gary? Why did you not predict that one? It would have been a first.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Why do you choose to slander me?? You need to look at the facts and let your hatred take a back seat to what is happening to the show Alan is On.It is as if you want to blame me for Jammie leaving.. Have not enough people been hurt by Alan already.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

So If any one disagrees with Alan it is hate but yet he an disagree and it is not Hate?/

Bksie,I can guarantee that he will leave you in the dust because not only is Alan not loyal but he tries tear down people who in his mind are not respectful of him.Look how much hatred he has for Billy and tommy,I know you do not want to talk about this because it makes all of you look foolish ,but the facts are the facts.Leave your hatred at home because Alan has enough to go around.
ryte

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The man wrote:
I would donate if they kept wease IN the facility.
Clean airwaves are happy airwaves.
Change the station or turn the radio off if you dont like it moron.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Why are you people so full of hate. If the definition of hate is any one that disagrees with a point of view than Alan and every person on the the show he is on is hateful .

It does seem strange to me that people who believe that hate is wrong are so intent on accusing everyone they disagree with of being what they themselves are.

When you look at Alan it is true that he has changed stations and with that many people were left out.Now this is the classic I did not quit I was fired argument.But lets remember that Alan was offered what they thought was a competitive wage and he rejected it.

Lets remember people that radio is losing advertising dollars and is in a death struggle to survive. Alan still thought he was the big dog in town and forced them to show Alan what his numbers were and the money he demanded were not near what he thought he was worth .And Alan being arrogant said he could do better.

Having said that he was able to find a buyer when radio was still relevant and CC was throwing money in every direction and believe me ,in my opinion CC was conned in to this deal. And by the way if any one disagrees with me I would Ask Alan or any one to prove me incorrect.

Alan will never admit that leaving the air for over a year hurt his ratings and as i predicted he had a big bounce and than he slowly lost ground and has not been number one for quite some time.In his defense so some haters stop thinking I dislike him was that CC micro managed the show he is on into a train wreck.. People in the industry can not believe that he would stand for that but in the end what can he do ? He is at the mercy of CC and bet the house on them.It is my opinion that he thought that was a good move but remember folks he was off the air for a long time and I would guess that he was not being paid the big dollars while he was sitting off the air .It was a tremendous gamble for sure.

What I see for Alan going forward is him working until he can not walk and the money will be diminished considerably because the numbers just do not match what he once could garner.And any one in the Biz knows that CC has some major financial payments due in 2014 and they certainly are pinching pennies now. The people I know in radio are sort of shocked that they would let a comic talent like jammie with the resume he has go...

It is very very very difficult to put a show on the air and to have so many changes imposed for the sake of saving a few dollars and that makes it that much harder for the regulars to deal with.What i can tell you is that Alan will march to the orders given him and his only worry is himself.It is why he will not dare mention what he called his friend jammie or a few years ago Tommy.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

And lets remember that Alan could have made a deal and not blown apart the show that he actually had some control of .They say that when people get old some become obstinate and hard headed and let be honest Alan is OLD .He is either 67 or 68 and that is old no matter how much he wants to think he is not old.70 is less than a couple of months times 2 away and Alan is very good at the numbers,and to be honest any gambler is .He had a chance to remain on top and gambled to go for broke by blowing up the show named after him and remain off the air for over a year and hope the listeners stayed loyal.As we can see he has reaped what he has sown /
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

So you acknowledge that Alan has not been number one in a very very long time.I can remember when Alan was number one on the books for years ,that is correct years straight.It took Howard almost 2 years to beat Alan and that was by a very small margin ,but Howard did Beat Alan . This was new territory for Alan and he was not happy about that at all.
And now bksie you are going to tell me that not being able to be number one in the small market of Rochester NY does not Bother Alan the brother wease el Levin???

And by the way Alan actually believes that he is better at being a DJ than lets say Kimberly and Beck which means he is only a legend in his own mind.Radio has passed Alan by and as much as he wants to be on top and command the biggest salary it is obvious that CC has different ideas .They have blown up the show he is on to a point it is not recognizable any more.I certainly believe that Alan always wanted to go out on his own terms but it certainly looks as if that will be dictated by CC at this point.
I would hope he wishes Jamie the best but as we see with Tommy and Billy ,Alan holds grudges .
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

A mountain would refer to accomplishing something difficult.Alan had no competition for years and when he was faced with a challenge he was in sheer terror and of course Howard Beat him ,and I guess it did not bother him according to your account of history.

And now Alan has some competition and he is flailing about like a fish out of water.He has not been number one for so long its becoming the norm and that does not bode well for Alan.But he made his bed and now he has to sleep in it.

Jamie leaving was a brilliant move on his part and now once again Alan has to deal with lousy management and I feel he deserves what he gets at this point.He really has lots of anger and hate for Tommy and Billy and their is no reason for it at all. But that is how Alan rolls.What a hateful man he is.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I have to agree ,my choice of words should have been better.So As opposed to he deserved what he got ,I would say he has reaped what he has sown.

In other words ,by breaking up his original show with Tommy and jumping for few dollars more he has now watched as what took decades to build up wither away in a few short years.

CC will continue to impose their will on the show he is on and he will have to sit there and take it knowing full well he made the worst business decision of his life .But what people need to know about Alan is he has a very hard time admitting mistakes and he will continue to live in a alternate reality where denial is the only truth that exists.

He has admitted that he is working harder than he ever had and the quarter numbers eat his stomach up.But for Alan it is more important to attack former co-workers .Bksie I wonder why you are so afraid to talk about the hate Alan has for Tommy and Billy ? Alan can pretend all is well with CC but knowing how he reacted to the same situations before I have to believe he is very very very upset.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Not sure why you believe a lie but that is your choice.Are you that enamored with Alan the wease el Levin that you can not even allow for the truth ?/

Alan could have stayed with the show he controlled but he left for the simple selfish reason of money.Having said that he was not thinking long term and remember he lost almost 2 years of salary waiting to get on the air.Yes he would have taken a pay cut to stay with the team that was a known entity .

Now you say Alan can retire and I have to disagree because no DJ who once controlled his show would stand for the horrible treatment he is undergoing now.They have continually changed personnel ,hours ,you name it ,CC has done it to the show Alan is now on.

People have no idea the amount of hard work that it takes to be on the air on old time radio today.It can take years to build a new brand and to see how they are tearing the show to pieces is atrocious from a professional point of view.Besides the horrible hours and grueling boring meetings you are going to honestly tell me that Alan enjoys what is happening to him?? Bksie if you can not be honest to Alan you should at least try to be honest with your self.You act as if Alan is a good person and is doing radio for the love of it alone.You admit he only jumped like a crack head after a pipe for money ,and that is all that Alan cares about.

Look for Alan to desperately try to stay on the air for as long as his heart or his throat allows him.He might dream of retiring but he in no way can even pretend to believe he will be able to.The next move CC will make after letting another so called friend go is clipping the pay Alan makes ,and of course this will not be talked about or spoke of .Sort of similar to how Jammie just disappeared as if he was never there.And this is what Alan does ,if it does not benefit Alan it is not worth his time and facts are facts.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

So Alan the brother wease el levin Not being number one in the small market of Rochester NY is lie? Or that Alan was number one for years before he had competition is lie ?.. Or not one member is left on the original show Alan is on is a lie?

Are you sure your not on Alan's payroll because you act as if Alan is still number one.

I would like to understand why you have such hatred in your heart to constantly attack me ??

I have not even gone after Alan for being part of the richest 2 percent of America and how they should pay their fair share ,or do you deny that also.

Bksie ,find something in life to be positive about and stop with the anger and hatred.If you are a true Wease el Fan you should be happy that I agree with Alan about the rich and Obama plan to tax them to make them pay their fair share,or are you some kind of right wing nut job and if you are How can you even defend Alan.You have some issues you need to work out.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

So you disagree with President Obama and believe that Alan and the other richest Americans should not pay their fair share?/

Why are you so anxious to defend wealthy people who as President Obama says have become super rich on the backs of the working class in this country.

You are either with us or against us because their is no day light between those who want to continue to take advantage of the middle class and those who are in the upper richest incomes brackets who look down on us.
]
I would enjoy hearing what you have to say regarding this injustice and how we can make them pay more to even out the enormous inequality that exists now >. Alan must step up and set the example for the rest of us.
slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Now you sound like that Herman cain republican candidate.

How can you defend Alan and not walk lock step in how much hatred he has for conservatives? Truth be told as a liberal I find some good ideas to what you have to say but do you realize that Alan will attack you and I for that matter in any dissent that does not tow the Democratic liberal Platform.

I am hoping Alan sets the example and explains the benefits of the Presidents plans and how it will help the middle class.He should point out how much more he is paying and how that will stimulate the economy. If Wease really believes in Liberal principles he will show how the conservative people in Rochester are Wrong with a capitol W and being conservative only hurts themselves.

People are well Aware that Rush is more or less a stooge for the Bushes and Alan can prove that he really believes deeply in liberal policies even if it costs him an extra 10 or 20 grand a year.The point is Alan can afford it and should celebrate that we are reversing course after the disaster of the Bush Years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of82
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Irondequoit Discussions

Search the Irondequoit Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Will The BBQ and Blues Fest be any safer than t... 1 hr rePIGpublican 2
Brittanne Drexel (Oct '10) 4 hr Spartacus 137
White Racist Talk Radio Hosts FIRED 4 hr rePIGtardedpublican 24
Black man attempted abduction 4 hr rePIGtardedpublican 3
Rochester man pleads guilty for child pornography 5 hr Hamburglar 6
sexual assault by a BLACK MAN 5 hr Hamburglar 3
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
•••
•••
•••
Irondequoit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Irondequoit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••