Donuts Delite returns

Jan 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Metromix Rochester

Owner Sam Fantauzzo, right, brought back Michael Malley, whose family ran the original Donuts Delite, to manage the doughnut shop at Salvatore's at the historic Donuts Delite building.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2011
Raphael Coccia

Rochester, NY

#1 Jan 16, 2010
I remember going here a child while living in Irondequoit. I'll have to take my daughter to Donuts Delite one of these saturday am. It beat dunkin donuts!
Nancy Vorndran

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jan 17, 2010
Went to Donuts Delite today. What a treat!! The donuts are just as great as they were. Dunkin Donuts, Tim Horton, who? Does anyone remember the slogan Donuts Delite use to have on their window?

Welcome Back donuts Delite.
Savage

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 18, 2010
I don't remember their slogan, but I do remember the sign that advertised donuts for 69 cents a dozen.....
Savage

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 24, 2010
I stopped in today to buy some donuts. The parking lot had traffic control cops there as it was SO busy.
I only bought 4 donuts and it almost flattened me at the price of $5.40. I was glad to see them come back but at $1.35 for each donut, I suspect they will see me return very soon.
I wonder how long the folks in general will pay that much for some fried dough.
alter boy

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 28, 2010
I was an alter boy at St Ambrose back in the late 70's, some nun would take us there after 7:00am mass during the week, a real treat, it was so good to hear they re-opened, but if its true $1.35 per donut?, sad but don't think I'll be going there to experience deja vu or reminiscence, or buy a donut for $1.35

Since: Aug 09

AOL

#6 Jan 28, 2010
didn't we already have a run on this dumbassed place with the gold filled dog nuts that will be going the way of krispy kreme soon??
Jeanna

Rochester, NY

#7 Jan 28, 2010
OK, Just to say, "Welcome back", and to also say, "I still have about 12 of your original donuts left in my freezer that my husband and I stood in line for about 1/1/2 hours in line the last day when you closed after we went to church. We bought millions of them and now we are down to the approximate 12. Every time I bring a few out, thaw them out, still taste good. Now we could just use them up because we could get some fresh ones again.

P.s. Still have one of the white boxes left with the remaining ones.

Anyway, welcome back.
DanDeeRipoff

Rochester, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2010
If you like the place, get in there soon.

I grabbed my $17 box of a dozen donuts, and you will never see me near the joint again.

Get ready for another closure.
Savage

Marion, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2011
I revisited the place..There is NO way in this world a donut is worth what they charge. I went there a couple of times last year, went again when I had a great desire for something sweet. I doubt,they will ever see me more than another time or 2 at most. Their products are great,just way too expensive,which I think is already reflecting on the amount of people I saw buying,,, one,,me...
WAKE UP before it is too late Amigo's

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whites and non whites. 21 min Bwahawhaw Zippy 3
Swastikas Painted on Numerous Irondequoit Homes... (May '13) 1 hr Alex12321 10
Irondequit Police Investigating Overnight Acts ... (May '13) 2 hr Alex12321 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr jon 6,409
Irondequoit police charge teen in connection wi... (May '13) 11 hr Alex12321 9
Messages to Bob Lonsberry (phase 2) (Mar '12) 11 hr Bob McLonsberry 247
Black Family Tries To Squat In Brighton House (Feb '13) 11 hr Wyatt Krakur 10
•••
•••
•••