Sonic Drive-in coming to Rochester

Jun 17, 2013 Full story: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 77

Sonic Drive-in, which bills itself as American's largest drive-in restaurant chain, may be coming to Rochester in a big way over the next several years.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Greece Guy

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2013
Sonic is ok and it will add some new food service jobs in the area. No if only Chic Filet comes to town that would be something.
Mike

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2013
Chic Filet would be great. So would some Waffle Houses. I am sick of the poor service and food quality at Wendys and Burger King as of late. We have no choices in Rochester. Wendys Food quality has become bad. They just do not give a crap. We need more competition. DQ had record sales for the whole USA in Rochester for a month. Rochester is desperate for new places to eat. Wendys and BK are run very poorly in Rochester. Golden Coral had a line around the building last week.
The Biracial One

United States

#3 Jun 17, 2013
Mike wrote:
Chic Filet would be great. So would some Waffle Houses. I am sick of the poor service and food quality at Wendys and Burger King as of late. We have no choices in Rochester. Wendys Food quality has become bad. They just do not give a crap. We need more competition. DQ had record sales for the whole USA in Rochester for a month. Rochester is desperate for new places to eat. Wendys and BK are run very poorly in Rochester. Golden Coral had a line around the building last week.
That goes to show you Rochester is starving (no pun intended)for places like that. I agree with you especially about Wendys. Last time I went there, I was VERY disappointed. They cut their portions wnd raised their prices. Time for some new food joints.

Now if they bring a Sizzler here........

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#4 Jun 17, 2013
Wendy's should install a third window so you can return all the stuff they screw up at the second.

There are enough Sonic commercials on TV - if we have to watch them i'm glad we'll finally have one in the area
The Biracial One

El Monte, CA

#6 Jun 17, 2013
beer farts wrote:
<quoted text>rhonda still using someone elses name for the record biracial one, does not use word the. you are such an apetard
Thanks for adding to topic.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Jun 18, 2013
Sonics are outside only. No inside seating. In Rochester they would have to close half the year. Unless you like to eat inside your car with the engine running and heat on.
Anonymous

Brockport, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2013
glasspilot wrote:
Sonics are outside only. No inside seating. In Rochester they would have to close half the year. Unless you like to eat inside your car with the engine running and heat on.
Don Alhart said this one would have indoor seating.
IescapedNY

Rochester, NY

#9 Jun 18, 2013
beer farts wrote:
<quoted text>rhonda still using someone elses name for the record biracial one, does not use word the. you are such an apetard
"beer farts"

To be fair my dear freind and biggest fan next the CapriceClassic.
Did post something about being banned so he had to start using the name "The Biracial one". Same stupid posts so it must be him.
Roger

Pittsford, NY

#10 Jun 18, 2013
Mike wrote:
Chic Filet would be great. So would some Waffle Houses. I am sick of the poor service and food quality at Wendys and Burger King as of late.
Problem is, those same slugs at Wendy's and Burger King (and especially the McDonald's on Monroe Ave/Pittsford Plaza) would end up at the new restaurants for $.25/hr more. Same old service in a new venue.
The man

Rochester, NY

#11 Jun 18, 2013
Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, those same slugs at Wendy's and Burger King (and especially the McDonald's on Monroe Ave/Pittsford Plaza) would end up at the new restaurants for $.25/hr more. Same old service in a new venue.
The Pittsford McDonalds is the WORST!They stand there and gab and have no clue how to provide customer service. A close second in the University Ave. KFC where some of the workers have a big time attitude problem. The secret is in the training. If Sonic is smart, they'll properly train the staff to provide quality service.

Bad service equates to bad management. Wendy's food and service has declined rapidly over the years. Don't bother filling out a comment card, they'll NEVER reply. I hate to say it, but some of the ESL service has also started to slip.
Joe D

Rochester, NY

#12 Jun 18, 2013
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
Wendy's should install a third window so you can return all the stuff they screw up at the second.
There are enough Sonic commercials on TV - if we have to watch them i'm glad we'll finally have one in the area
Went to Wendy 6 weeks ago and after waiting 15 minutes in the drive up because they were out of Chicken at 5PM I got my sandwich. Got home and no fires and no tomato on my sandwich. Not to mention the Jr cheeseburger with the paper thin meat on the hard bun and the Single Cheese on a real hard old roll. Have not been back. Its time for change in Rochester. Competition will make these places change or go out of business.
Joe D

Rochester, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2013
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pittsford McDonalds is the WORST!They stand there and gab and have no clue how to provide customer service. A close second in the University Ave. KFC where some of the workers have a big time attitude problem. The secret is in the training. If Sonic is smart, they'll properly train the staff to provide quality service.
Bad service equates to bad management. Wendy's food and service has declined rapidly over the years. Don't bother filling out a comment card, they'll NEVER reply. I hate to say it, but some of the ESL service has also started to slip.
Its Pittsford. No young kids have to work. So you get the slugs from the city being bused in on RTS. ESL's service has been going down hill for several years. Moved my accounts to Canandaigua Bank and Summit. They both have great service. I waited in the drive up 25 minutes a few years ago at ESL. I said this is it. Then they screwed up my account on top of it. Citizen bank also has bad service. The management does not give a crap. That is the problem with Wendys.
Bary

Rochester, NY

#14 Jun 18, 2013
I heard that Rallys is also coming to Rochester. Looking for a spot in Henrietta. They are on the Thruway Now.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#15 Jun 18, 2013
I agree that KFC on University is bad. I was there once and had to wait about 20 mins (Fri at 8:30pm mind you) and I thought there was going to be a fight. McDonald's on E.Ridge is notorious for screwing things up. I got a Big Mac with no meat once, and another time I showed up at about 5:45am for a coffee and after waiting about 5 mins they had the nerve to tell me they were closed (it's a 24hr location)
Roger

Pittsford, NY

#16 Jun 18, 2013
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pittsford McDonalds is the WORST!They stand there and gab and have no clue how to provide customer service.
Notice -- not one white face behind the counter. Just a lot of attitude.

Customers are secondary to texting and chatting with each other. Never a thank you. Guaranteed. Always check your order, accuracy rate is well under 50%. The only thing they work at is being incompetent. We (as a family) will no longer go there.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#17 Jun 19, 2013
The WalMarts are just as bad. KFC in Chili also has poor service. The manager at the Gates store also has an attitude like the employees. They know how to run customers out the door for good. I will never go back. Same with Wendys. The employees screw up the orders and the food sucks.
Big Greg

Festus, MO

#18 Jun 19, 2013
This is a dream come true
The man

Rochester, NY

#19 Jun 20, 2013
Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice -- not one white face behind the counter. Just a lot of attitude.
Customers are secondary to texting and chatting with each other. Never a thank you. Guaranteed. Always check your order, accuracy rate is well under 50%. The only thing they work at is being incompetent. We (as a family) will no longer go there.
I wonder just how clean the Pittsford McDonalds is. Seems kind of dirty all the time.

Lowes Webster and Henrietta are terrible with customer service, takes forever to check out. Always a big crew of employees behind the service counter doing nothing. Cashiers somewhat snotty.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#20 Jun 20, 2013
Chick-Fill-A sucks major D and so does Waffle House. I hate all these southern fast food chains. I mean, I hate all fast food chains, but the southern ones the most. Chick-FIll-A is DISGUSTING and they're run by a bunch of extremist fundamentalists who hate minorities and homosexuals. They can burn for all I care.

Waffle House is the same deal. Last time I stepped foot in one of those redneck shacks I saw them preparing their expired food in a kitchen full of stink bugs. Nasty.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#21 Jun 20, 2013
Also, can someone explain to me why this article says "Sonic Drive-Ins Coming to Rochester"? We all know that these Sonics will not be opening anywhere NEAR the City of Rochester. Far from it. Henrietta is NOT Rochester. People in the City of Rochester don't eat f*cking garbage white trash food.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuck Schumer seeks more White Collar Welfare 53 min Tyshawn 2
Common core sex ed caught by 6th grade phone pi... 1 hr Lie Detector 8
Golisano Fighting Assessment Again 1 hr South Wedge Tarde... 1
N.Y. Radio Hosts Fired for Transphobic Rant Are... 1 hr Ha Ha 5
3 White no-bodies demand to have a meeting with... 5 hr Myob14 3
Homeless Advocates Arrested 5 hr Myob14 3
Local Bar Trying to be Famous on behalf of dead... 8 hr JesusChrist 1
•••
•••
•••