Lets Not Mention Drunks on Boats

Posted in the Irondequoit Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RachelFromCardSe rvices

Rochester, NY

#1 Aug 5, 2014
Chuck Shumer, nor the local news outlets wanna mention drunk boaters, even tho it was because of drunk boaters that people were killed at that pier.
It's a fact, there is some one in jail for it, yet no mention???

Chuck Schumer should make more laws or tougher laws on drunk drivers , boats and cars.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3523618.sht...

http://13wham.com//news/features/featured/sto...
RachelFromCardSe rvices

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 5, 2014
"no brainer" ?

The no brainer is not drinking and driving.
ginny

Rochester, NY

#3 Aug 6, 2014
You'd have to live in a cave not to know that both boaters & bikers like to booze it up.
First thing boaters do before heading out - stock the cooler.
Bikers travel every weekend in huge packs bar hopping to charity events, poker runs, all getting trashed. They're not ''enjoying a soft drink'' at these outings!
These idiots think nothing of it drinking & driving.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#4 Aug 6, 2014
why do we need a nanny law?
If the boaters are stupid, crashing into a pier is a great way to weed out the stupid ones!
Just like playing near dangerous waterfalls!
Siggy

Pittsford, NY

#5 Aug 6, 2014
They should black the pier out. It would add suspense to boating.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#6 Aug 6, 2014
Siggy wrote:
is that like adding a goalie to golf?
Lurker

Pittsford, NY

#8 Aug 6, 2014
Bob McLonsberry wrote:
Chuck Schumer wants the drunk boaters to get to shore safely so they can get to their cars and kill me and my family as they try to drive home drunk.
Chuck was never a far sighted thinker. He gets reelected with easy feel good stuff. And the serious issues go unaddressed and unsolved. Chuck is clueless.
Good Samaritan

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 6, 2014
I think I might call his office to complain tomorrow, saving white drunk drivers and white meth users really shouldn't be on his top priority list.
Pete

Pittsford, NY

#10 Aug 6, 2014
Good Samaritan wrote:
I think I might call his office to complain tomorrow, saving white drunk drivers and white meth users really shouldn't be on his top priority list.
And we know you guys avoid liquor and meth. I can see where this only impacts whites. I would encourage you to make the call, and explain it exactly as you wrote it. I'm sure Chuck has a deep concern for the safety of minorities. After all, we don't vote for him. Remind him that you folks can make or break the next election. Make him squirm.
bunny

Rochester, NY

#11 Aug 8, 2014
Siggy wrote:
All the alcohol these boaters drink in an outing should add enough suspense to the boatride!!!
LEAVE THE ALCOHOL HOME.
Siggy

Pittsford, NY

#12 Aug 9, 2014
bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
All the alcohol these boaters drink in an outing should add enough suspense to the boatride!!!
LEAVE THE ALCOHOL HOME.
People buy boats as a platform to drink. Drinking and boating go hand in hand. They usually have more spectacular accidents, with a higher number of deaths.

Sheriff's Departments and the Coast Guard should bill the families when a marine unit has to locate missing bodies (if alcohol was determined as the cause of the accident). Own a boat, pay for the mop up.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#13 Aug 9, 2014
Siggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheriff's Departments and the Coast Guard should bill the families when a marine unit has to locate missing bodies (if alcohol was determined as the cause of the accident). Own a boat, pay for the mop up.
B.S.!!!
These tax feeders already live extremely well on our taxes.
They don't do much now except harass the people on the water who are not causing trouble!
If once in a while they actually do have something important to respond to, there is no need to pay them again!!!
Siggy

Pittsford, NY

#14 Aug 9, 2014
Sorry, I don't own a boat. Didn't know.

OK, then screw these guys, everybody get drunk and take your boats out. Have a demolition derby on the lake. Those that survive drive home drunk or high, towing their boat. If they kill some unsuspecting driver, well that's the way it goes. Get over it. We're boaters, the chosen people.

You know how to determine if you really want to own a boat? Stand in a cold shower tearing up $100 bills. If you like it, buy the boat.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#16 Aug 9, 2014
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean whites buy boats to drink.
I don't see many blacks buying boats to go drinking on them.
So don't blame boats when the problem is clearly whites.
Yeah, but keep in mind that blacks would buy boats to do meth. but they can't afford the boats.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#17 Aug 9, 2014
Siggy wrote:
Sorry, I don't own a boat. Didn't know.
OK, then screw these guys, everybody get drunk and take your boats out. Have a demolition derby on the lake. Those that survive drive home drunk or high, towing their boat. If they kill some unsuspecting driver, well that's the way it goes. Get over it. We're boaters, the chosen people.
You know how to determine if you really want to own a boat? Stand in a cold shower tearing up $100 bills. If you like it, buy the boat.
There you go, let things alone ... we didn't have a demolition derby on the lakes over the last 200 years.
keep in mind adding 1000 cops on the water won't make it any safer ... it will just make more crimials!
Lurker

Pittsford, NY

#18 Aug 9, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, let things alone ... we didn't have a demolition derby on the lakes over the last 200 years.
keep in mind adding 1000 cops on the water won't make it any safer ... it will just make more crimials!
Ok, I've had it with you. We'll let Diamond Daisy decide who's right. She'll have some bizarre, whacky, nutso solution that includes, oh who knows?

What lake is adding 1000 cops? That's going to be really expensive.
Lurker

Pittsford, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
You mean whites buy boats to drink.
I don't see many blacks buying boats to go drinking on them.
So don't blame boats when the problem is clearly whites.
That what I was saying, but I forgot to clarify it. Yes, we're responsible for most of the world's problems. It's not you guys, you're just model freakin' citizens.
Lurker

Pittsford, NY

#22 Aug 10, 2014
<quoted text>
I think your getting your drugs mixed up, cause meth is a white drug.
Thanks for the helpful update. I always turn to people of color with drug questions, because they are up on all the latest stuff. Kind of the family business.

Feel free to ask us questions about investing, bringing children up, picking colleges, nutrition, civility... you know, the things they we do best.
bunny

Rochester, NY

#25 Aug 11, 2014
Siggy wrote:
<quoted text>
People buy boats as a platform to drink. Drinking and boating go hand in hand. They usually have more spectacular accidents, with a higher number of deaths.
I love how people just cant own up to boating to get trashed.
Check any local lake in any given summer weekend where boats all congregate. 90% of people are holding a beer or drink. Watch carefully and you'll eventually see the driver set drink down, start it up & off they go, with never any thought of how many drinks they had.
I've never seen any sobriety tests on the water. They need to beef up checking boat drivers for alcohol. I bet if they checked 10 boats, they'd find 9 drunks.
Jerry

Pittsford, NY

#26 Aug 11, 2014
bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how people just cant own up to boating to get trashed.
Check any local lake in any given summer weekend where boats all congregate. 90% of people are holding a beer or drink. Watch carefully and you'll eventually see the driver set drink down, start it up & off they go, with never any thought of how many drinks they had.
I've never seen any sobriety tests on the water. They need to beef up checking boat drivers for alcohol. I bet if they checked 10 boats, they'd find 9 drunks.
I never debated this point. I said a boat is a platform for drinking. Being out on a lake on a Saturday afternoon is something I would avoid.

Plus, look at the number of boat trailers parked near the launches. Those people are driving home with a large vessel attached to their car (a lot of extra weight and mass). It decreases their car's braking and handling dynamics when they're towing a boat.

There should be better DWI enforcement targeted at boaters. Where do we deviate on opinions? Did I miss something? Hey, the kill white guys as well as others. Drunk boaters are a menace both on and off the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irondequoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 6 hr Slammed 632
News Coast Guard Investigates Sheen in Lake Ontario 7 hr sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake ... 8 hr Fitzpatrick Nuke ... 1
News Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake ... 8 hr sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard Investigates "Sheen" on Lake Ontario 8 hr sounds safe eh 1
Why Are Liberal Democrats Getting So Nervous Ab... 10 hr HA ha 54
Make America Strong and Safe Again! 13 hr Ah aH 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irondequoit Mortgages