Irondequoit Town Supervisor voted out

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

Democratic Town Supervisor Mary Ellen Heyman lost her battle for re-election Tuesday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Nevins

Horseheads, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

Thank God!- Maybe now we can get some action other than thievery in this town that's been swindled by Liberals for too long!
heartless

Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Congratulations citizens of Irondequoit, you not only spoke of change, you voted for it. We, the citizens of greece, talked the talk about change, but did not walk the walk. When you re-elect a well documented corrupt administration, you deserve all the garbage heading your way.
The same old same old

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Irondequoit, you will soon realize that you get what you vote for. Republicans don't care about the people, they care about what's best for Republicans. If you think this town is in bad shape under Heyman, just wait a year and you'll be ready to run D'Aurizio out of town on a rail. She is "back to the same old same old" that has bogged down this town in politics and made us a laughing stock across the state for years. I wish her well, but if you look at her background, she isn't qualified to run for anything. She just has a husband who is politically connected.
Irondequoit Lifer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

I totally agree with "The same old same old". Republicans are good for lining their pockets and looking out for their own. Be prepasred for more dysfunction in our town then we have seen in a long time. I look forward to the Town craba** Richard Barone to be rearing his ugly head more often.
FIDEL CASTRO

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

YEAH IM GLAD THAT B IS GONE SHE WAS GOING TO RAISE TAXES AGAIN IN OUR TOWN!!!
moveonrochester

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

I believe that Democrats & Republicans alike have their own agenda. I really believe that the people of Irondequoit will revolt if someone doesn't do something for the residents. They have no problem increasing taxes because we can't businesses don't want to build. The mall is a disaster and has been for years. The maintenance of our streets (streets off the main drag) are neglected, leaf/garbage pick up IS NOT followed according to the town calendar. Until you can find a way to keep the rift-raft out, entice businesses, stores, restaurants, theaters etc. I believe that as soon as people have the opportunity to leave they will. People are tired of high taxes, lack of maintenance, rental properties, having to travel to other towns for shopping, restaurants and entertainment. I know I am and have been for a long time. It never used to be this way. People want something to show for their tax increases...ESPECIALLY in this economy. Gas prices on the rise and we have to travel to Webster, Greece or Henrietta.
The same old same old

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

FIDEL CASTRO wrote:
YEAH IM GLAD THAT B IS GONE SHE WAS GOING TO RAISE TAXES AGAIN IN OUR TOWN!!!
Who says D'Aurizio won't do the same? You will be paying more in taxes no matter who is in charge, I guarantee it.
FUBO

Lima, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Now can the people of Irondequoit please stand up and do SOMETHING to fix the horrible mess you have with ambulance coverage?

You have 3 fire departments that hold "Certificates of Need" and operate ambulance services as part of the fire department. Sea Breeze, who can barely ever cover an ambulance call, Point Pleasant isn't much better, and St. Paul who for the life of me I can't figure out why they are even allowed to have an ambulance because they turf almost all of their calls to Monroe Ambulance.

None of these departments provide ALS and all of them contract with Monroe for coverage so they don't transport any serious patients anyway. St. Paul can't be bothered with even responding to BLS priority 4 calls. They feel they are above those and the automatically send Monroe during the daytime! Why bother even having ambulances if you are not going to serve the community?

Meanwhile, Irondequoit Ambulance struggles because a large percentage of the population in the fragment of the town they are able to serve are Medicaid and Medicare recipients. The reimbursements for these calls are often below the actual cost of doing business resulting in IA losing money.

Someone with authority needs to step up and do something about this before something tragic occurs. If these fire departments want to provide first response EMS care, that's one thing but they are putting peoples lives at stake and delaying patient care because of their power trips, egos and game playing.

It's time Irondequoit residents demand to know why they are being asked to support fire departments that have ambulances when most of the time they wind up having to pay a commercial ambulance because those fire departments either can not, or arrogantly will not even bother to respond to the call!
U R My Dingleberries

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Glad to see Heyman gone.

She was all talk and no go.

This is what happens when you get the elderly riled.

They get out and vote out your Liberal arse.

Now,let's see what D'Aurizio can do for the town of Irondequoit.

I am hopeful for good things with D'Aurizio in charge.
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

FUBO wrote:
It's time Irondequoit residents demand to know why they are being asked to support fire departments that have ambulances when most of the time they wind up having to pay a commercial ambulance because those fire departments either can not, or arrogantly will not even bother to respond to the call!
When you call 911 they will dispatch either a monroe or rural metro automatically (even if the FD has an ambulance) I know you dont think of this in an emergency but when calling 911 for assistance.... ask for the Volunteers.... they will come and no bill from Monroe.
whatever

Macedon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

John Nevins wrote:
Thank God!- Maybe now we can get some action other than thievery in this town that's been swindled by Liberals for too long!
whatever the town was doing just fine now we have to deal with an ex school teacher that has never been in office great and a republican we are screwed!
whatever

Macedon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Irondequoit Lifer wrote:
I totally agree with "The same old same old". Republicans are good for lining their pockets and looking out for their own. Be prepasred for more dysfunction in our town then we have seen in a long time. I look forward to the Town craba** Richard Barone to be rearing his ugly head more often.
amen to you! I agree 150%
whatever

Macedon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

U R My Dingleberries wrote:
Glad to see Heyman gone.
She was all talk and no go.
This is what happens when you get the elderly riled.
They get out and vote out your Liberal arse.
Now,let's see what D'Aurizio can do for the town of Irondequoit.
I am hopeful for good things with D'Aurizio in charge.
keep hoping she will do the same as all the rest of the republicans nothing unless it beneifts them!
toni

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

maybe should just get an independent in office no more of this two party system. heyman had to go she was raising taxes for no reason you dems must have the money to pay for these outrageous taxes i dont. and its not like we dont get money she just wanted to spend it like a drunken sailor. really did we need that 590 mess?? like to see all you old people drive that now. did we really need all those stupid international flags on pattonwood drive then she gave a tax break for the mall?? she an ass. why dont you eldery people get someone in there??
Irondequoit Lifer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Having lived here since my freshman year in high school (I'm 47 now), taxes were not raised for years beacuse everyone (mainly the elderly) who made up 99% of the town, wanted low taxes, but nothing was fixed or replaced. Well guess what, the sewers, roads, sidewalks, schools wear out and need updating. The 590 project is a vast improvement to that stretch of road, it looked like a sh*thole before. I'm sorry if your too dumb to figure how to use it. As for Medley, again the folks of the town killed the mall. Oh my there are people of color shopping there, so therefore its unsafe. Give me a break, it wasnt any worse then Marketplace or Greece Ridge. The tax breaks given were no different then the ones in place. The Newport project needs to be approved and built. I feel sorry for developers and/or property owners who want to build or do improvements in the town. It takes forever to get anything approved. Our taxes are far cheaper then other surrounding towns. Instead of always criticizing our town, people should look at the positives it has to offer.
realitycheck

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Irondequoit Lifer wrote:
Having lived here since my freshman year in high school (I'm 47 now), taxes were not raised for years beacuse everyone (mainly the elderly) who made up 99% of the town, wanted low taxes, but nothing was fixed or replaced. Well guess what, the sewers, roads, sidewalks, schools wear out and need updating. The 590 project is a vast improvement to that stretch of road, it looked like a sh*thole before. I'm sorry if your too dumb to figure how to use it. As for Medley, again the folks of the town killed the mall. Oh my there are people of color shopping there, so therefore its unsafe. Give me a break, it wasnt any worse then Marketplace or Greece Ridge. The tax breaks given were no different then the ones in place. The Newport project needs to be approved and built. I feel sorry for developers and/or property owners who want to build or do improvements in the town. It takes forever to get anything approved. Our taxes are far cheaper then other surrounding towns. Instead of always criticizing our town, people should look at the positives it has to offer.
It's interesting...looks like you are in Farmington now....why would that be? Heyman and her team were voted out because the residents were sick and tired of being jerked around.....lots of money spent on studies and their own agendas and it got us nowhere....all they did was spend money...guess the money they were supposedly saving was put towards ridiculous studies and outrageous analsis reports by LaBella. Think D'Aurizio. Marasco and Essley won not by merit or qualifications but more of the fact that residents could no longer stand Heyman, Bello and Evans. Next time Perticone and Aldersley will go. Aldersley whines all the time and takes everything personally and Perticone sits there like a bump on a log and only speaks up when it is something in his best interest...like the apprenticeship proposal. SO let's be clear...the Republicans are boasting today that they won....but it was only by default...not necessarily that they brought forth worthy candidates. It's called picking your poison.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

i am a conservative but the townmens voted for dirty ppl
moveonrochester

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting...looks like you are in Farmington now....why would that be? Heyman and her team were voted out because the residents were sick and tired of being jerked around.....lots of money spent on studies and their own agendas and it got us nowhere....all they did was spend money...guess the money they were supposedly saving was put towards ridiculous studies and outrageous analsis reports by LaBella. Think D'Aurizio. Marasco and Essley won not by merit or qualifications but more of the fact that residents could no longer stand Heyman, Bello and Evans. Next time Perticone and Aldersley will go. Aldersley whines all the time and takes everything personally and Perticone sits there like a bump on a log and only speaks up when it is something in his best interest...like the apprenticeship proposal. SO let's be clear...the Republicans are boasting today that they won....but it was only by default...not necessarily that they brought forth worthy candidates. It's called picking your poison.
I agree with you...this town has changed so dramatically ...and not for the better. The bottom line is THEY CAN'T KEEP RAISING TAXES AND NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO OFFER TO IT'S RESIDENTS, whether it's paving roads, shopping, restaurants, leaf pick up, Why don't we have a YMCA/YWCA, a JC Penney's, even frickin' K-Mart moved out....what's that tell you?...come on Town Officials, at least give us bone.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

MELDOY CENTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TORN DOWN LONG AGO
FUBO

Lima, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
When you call 911 they will dispatch either a monroe or rural metro automatically (even if the FD has an ambulance) I know you dont think of this in an emergency but when calling 911 for assistance.... ask for the Volunteers.... they will come and no bill from Monroe.
Dee... sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.
When you call 911, the operator enters the information into the computer which is then sent to the dispatcher. The dispatcher then dispatches the appropriate ambulance based on what is called a Run Card. The run card is determined by the Fire Chief or Ambulance Director for that jurisdiction. You only get Rural Metro automatically in the city as they have the contract with the city to provide ambulance service. In PARTS of Greece you get Monroe automatically because the Ridge Road Fire Department holds the authority for ambulance service in that part of town and the "chief" Bud Phillips has a personal vendetta against Greece Volunteer Ambulance.
In Irondequoits case, Irondequoit Ambulances Certificate of Need (the licensing from the State of NY that allows them to operate) only covers a portion of the town because St Paul, Seabreeze, and Point Pleasant Fire Districts already held the CON's for their fire districts before IA was founded. They refuse to give these up even though they are failing to provide adequate coverage. The only reason the state won't step in is because they "legally" meet their requirements by sending in commercial ambulances within the required time limits.
St Paul for example contracts with Monroe to cover all calls during the weekdays and also provide ALS 24X7. If it is an ALS call Monroe transports. Now this in and of itself is good only because Fire Departments can not bill for transports, and Medicaid and Medicare as well as some private insurances will not pay the ALS provider if they did not transport themselves. This would leave the patients stuck paying bills fof $500 -$1000 out of pocket. However, St Paul also refuses to cover low priority (4) calls in their district either which means that they rarely actually ever transport any of their calls. Seabreeze and Point Pleasants biggest issue is they just rarely ever actually get anyone to staff their rig so the call winds up being mutual aided.
You can NOT request a volunteer ambulance to respond OUT of their district. For example, if you live in St. Pauls district you can not request Irondequoit Ambulance. If you do get them it will only be because the call was mutual aided and Monroe was unavailable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Irondequoit Discussions

Search the Irondequoit Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
wease cares foundation (Jan '09) 36 min slammer 149
Mayor Still Being Treated For The Flu 1 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 5
Stabbing on Herald Street 1 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 1
rePIG: Its Good Friday! 3 hr rePIGpublican 19
1960's Rochester Bands (Jan '09) 4 hr Fox lover 83
City selects high rise proposal for Charlotte 4 hr Sam 18
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Mexican Mitt Romney 6,286
•••
•••
•••
•••

Irondequoit Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Irondequoit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance