Social security number theft?

Social security number theft?

Posted in the Iron Gate Forum

inocenciamonsalv e647

New York, NY

#1 Nov 18, 2013
Social security number theft?Suppose someone has all your personal info, including your Social Security number.

How does it exactly help to put a fraud alert with the credit bureaus? Aren't the fraud alerts only temporary? And what's to stop someone from trying to use your SS number after the fraud alert expires?

I'm asking this because I had my personal info getting stolen and lost. Nothing evidently happened recently ( none that I am aware of so it doesn't mean nothing ever happened, except for two fake credit card accounts couple years back ) but I'm seeing if there's anything I can do to prevent fraudulent accounts from being open under my name.
georgeattanasio3 59

New York, NY

#2 Nov 18, 2013
inocenciamonsalve647 wrote:
Social security number theft?Suppose someone has all your personal info, including your Social Security number.

How does it exactly help to put a fraud alert with the credit bureaus? Aren't the fraud alerts only temporary? And what's to stop someone from trying to use your SS number after the fraud alert expires?

I'm asking this because I had my personal info getting stolen and lost. Nothing evidently happened recently ( none that I am aware of so it doesn't mean nothing ever happened, except for two fake credit card accounts couple years back ) but I'm seeing if there's anything I can do to prevent fraudulent accounts from being open under my name..
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iron Gate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need to get laid 52 min Well 10
Montanna Hall and Jacorey Hughes 54 min Huh 4
Leave a word take a word (Feb '15) 56 min Princess Hey 781
drop a word keep a word (Nov '13) 3 hr Sir Valentine 81
drop a word, keep a word (Mar '13) 3 hr Sir Valentine 248
Gay Teens Chat (Mar '14) 4 hr Glenn 19
Stephanie Hicks 6 hr whatever 20

Iron Gate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance