Citibank's 6 month rent-free for the ...

Citibank's 6 month rent-free for the deed plan?

Posted in the Iron Gate Forum

geetrcuzytiewoma ck

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 12, 2013
Citibank's 6 month rent-free for the deed plan?I see in yahoo news that Citibank has a program in place now that allows a homeowner who is otherwise considering walking away from his mortgage the chance to stay in the house for six months rent-free, if the borrower agrees to turn over the deed to the house without a fight. Presumably this is more desirable for both parties as the bank saves on foreclosure costs and the homeowner doesn't have a foreclosure go on his credit report. But, I would think that there would be some major tax consequences to the homeowner for both living rent-free and having the debt forgiven. Am I correct here?
odaraedliamahvie r

San Diego, CA

#2 Nov 12, 2013
geetrcuzytiewomack wrote:
Citibank's 6 month rent-free for the deed plan?I see in yahoo news that Citibank has a program in place now that allows a homeowner who is otherwise considering walking away from his mortgage the chance to stay in the house for six months rent-free, if the borrower agrees to turn over the deed to the house without a fight. Presumably this is more desirable for both parties as the bank saves on foreclosure costs and the homeowner doesn't have a foreclosure go on his credit report. But, I would think that there would be some major tax consequences to the homeowner for both living rent-free and having the debt forgiven. Am I correct here?.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iron Gate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cliftondale country club 3 hr Glffan 1
Dizzy 4 hr Two Times 34
Biker chic. Ready for a ride 4 hr Trap God 3
Crystal Sammons (Sep '12) 4 hr OnThaHill 13
Looking For A Hot Nurse 4 hr OnThaHill 19
go watch for yourself (Sep '15) 5 hr OnThaHill 3
Re-open Skateland 5 hr John Wilmer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Iron Gate Mortgages