First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ellen

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Dec 22, 2013
Was it alright what he said about gays and blacks?
Shut Up VA Beach

Clifton Forge, VA

#2 Dec 22, 2013
Why the heck are you posting on here from Virginia Beach? Just wanted to get the hinterland's perspective on things, do you?

No it's not alright, what he said was objectively bigoted and ignorant. But what the heck did they expect? Some considerably large minority of the US population is either ignorant or bigoted. They find some backwoods guy who eats, sleeps, breathes, and defecates Mossy Oak camo patterns and then they expect him to somehow be PC? Come on, stop acting like you're surprised that he isn't eating caviar and sipping champagne with Maureen Dowd whilst soliloquizing on the benefits of wings-so-soft maxi pads. This guy is a redneck. There are many rednecks in America. He's almost less culpable for being bigoted and ignorant because he was raised up in a redneck environment and probably doesn't even know any better. That doesn't mean that what he said was ok to say in front of the Queen of England or in a public interview, but stop acting surprised already.

The people who are the most guilty are the people who watch this mindless drivel. Kardashian this that, Kanye TMZ trash, honey boo boo butt****. Don't fill your mind with filth and then act like you're all surprised that you're picking up feces on the ends of your Q-tips...
Truth

Washington, DC

#3 Dec 22, 2013
So he isn't allowed to have beliefs or views. Your just like the typical liberal pu***s that are ruining this country. So everyone has to agree with you and your views or they are redneck backwoods trash. We'll guess what if everyone was gay the world would end. I believe everyone has a choice. Agree with it or not. If you want people to be accepting and tolerant of your views then guess what a**hole you need to do the same. So sick of all this poor me, I'm offended, you hurt my feelings bull**it. Grow up. To each their own because one day we will all be judged and find out who's right and who's wrong.
Paulie Wallnuts

Covington, VA

#4 Dec 22, 2013
Phil Robertson spoke the truth. And he got punished for it. He said that gays go against the word of god, and that's TRUE! If you want to be gay that's fine as that is your choice. But you can't say that the word of god condones it. Read his word!
Clem

Covington, VA

#5 Dec 22, 2013
He likened them to drunkards and terrorists. That's bullshit. He's a Prick man it ain't even his business.
1x3x1x2

Ashburn, VA

#6 Dec 22, 2013
Paulie Wallnuts wrote:
Phil Robertson spoke the truth. And he got punished for it. He said that gays go against the word of god, and that's TRUE! If you want to be gay that's fine as that is your choice. But you can't say that the word of god condones it. Read his word!
Choice? If sexual orientation is a choice that would mean at one time in your own life you had to choose to be straight.
Truth

Covington, VA

#7 Dec 22, 2013
No dumba** everyone has a choice in what to believe and follow. If you choose to believe homosexual it is ok. That's your choice. If I choose to believe its wrong that's mine. But neither one of us should be punished for our choice to believe either way. And tolerance shouldn't be preached by your side then not given to the other.
OMG

Clifton Forge, VA

#8 Dec 22, 2013
He has the RIGHT to have an opinion, that is the right we all have! He DID NOT call anyone a name, etc, he just said he did not agree with being gay BUT he would never treat anyone that WAS unfairly! People, you all are missing the point, this is America, WE ALL have the right to freedom of religion and expression of our views! What in the heck is this country coming too that you cant express your religious views? Are we communists now??? You all can watch a slut on tv bump and grind on a man's penis and that is freedom of expression, but your not allowed to express your religious beliefs?
Oh and by the way, he is far from being an uneducated backwoods hick. He has a BA and a Masters degree!! Do a little research. And aren't you judging yourself by making that comment? Just because someone looks a certain way, does not mean he is dumb! HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!
1x3x1x2

Ashburn, VA

#9 Dec 22, 2013
All I'm saying is if you say gay people chose to be gay, you have to say straight people chose to be straight. Or does that magically not apply to straight people? Homosexuality is indeed a biological defect, but it occurs naturally, not by choice. On the other hand, people "choose" to believe in religous superstitions and "choose" to hate other people. Did people with Down Syndrome choose to be that way and do you discriminate them for it? Did you choose to be white, or black, or American? Of course not. So why would someone "choose" to be gay being fully aware of the crap closed-minded idiots would put them through? Freedom of speech isn't even the issue here. Everyone has the right to say what they want. But if you go spewing hatred I have the right to tell you you're the fu cktard that you are.
1x3x1x2

Ashburn, VA

#10 Dec 22, 2013
OMG wrote:
Are we communists now???
From now on nobody use the words "communist" or "socialist" unless you can properly define them.
jack

Covington, VA

#12 Dec 22, 2013
its not about religion, its about freedom of speech. it does say in the bible that homosexuality is wrong, and if youre christian, you follow the bible, which phil is and does. you do have a choice, about everything in life. i cant judge gay ppl just because we sin differently. i stand behind the robertsons 100%, and who cares what the media says? theyre rich as hell already, you cant touch them, theyre already sitting on top of the world!!
OMG

Clifton Forge, VA

#13 Dec 22, 2013
1x3x1x2 wrote:
All I'm saying is if you say gay people chose to be gay, you have to say straight people chose to be straight. Or does that magically not apply to straight people? Homosexuality is indeed a biological defect, but it occurs naturally, not by choice. On the other hand, people "choose" to believe in religous superstitions and "choose" to hate other people. Did people with Down Syndrome choose to be that way and do you discriminate them for it? Did you choose to be white, or black, or American? Of course not. So why would someone "choose" to be gay being fully aware of the crap closed-minded idiots would put them through? Freedom of speech isn't even the issue here. Everyone has the right to say what they want. But if you go spewing hatred I have the right to tell you you're the fu cktard that you are.
You dont make any sense? Freedom of speech is the issue! I dont care if your gay or straight, you have the "right" to live how you want! BUT according to the Bible, its wrong. I am just stating my beliefs and I have that right!! What about the rights of someone like Phil, does he not have the "right" to express his views as anyone who is gay does? What is the difference is gay rights than someone who does not believe it? Its the same thing. We have the right to disagree and we should not be punished for it.
OMG

Clifton Forge, VA

#14 Dec 22, 2013
jack wrote:
its not about religion, its about freedom of speech. it does say in the bible that homosexuality is wrong, and if youre christian, you follow the bible, which phil is and does. you do have a choice, about everything in life. i cant judge gay ppl just because we sin differently. i stand behind the robertsons 100%, and who cares what the media says? theyre rich as hell already, you cant touch them, theyre already sitting on top of the world!!
Well said Jack, you hit the nail on the head!
OMG

Clifton Forge, VA

#15 Dec 22, 2013
1x3x1x2 wrote:
<quoted text> From now on nobody use the words "communist" or "socialist" unless you can properly define them.
I never said Socialist, however, we are becoming like a communist country, you cant say anything these days without being punished!
the gays are coming 4 U

Clifton Forge, VA

#16 Dec 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
So he isn't allowed to have beliefs or views. Your just like the typical liberal pu***s that are ruining this country. So everyone has to agree with you and your views or they are redneck backwoods trash. We'll guess what if everyone was gay the world would end. I believe everyone has a choice. Agree with it or not. If you want people to be accepting and tolerant of your views then guess what a**hole you need to do the same. So sick of all this poor me, I'm offended, you hurt my feelings bull**it. Grow up. To each their own because one day we will all be judged and find out who's right and who's wrong.
I didn't say his isn't allowed to have beliefs or views. I'm just saying that his views, and evidently yours, are bigoted and ignorant views espoused by backwoods redneck white trash.

The man said that gays are, "full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

Even if you're a devout bible beating puritanical calvinist christian who believes (and aggressively recruits others to also believe) that all the queers are going straight to hell, that doesn't make them full of murder. The man might have a masters degree from Northwestern Louisiana State Tech Podunk Bush-league-accredited U, but that doesn't mean he's not an ignoramus redneck huck. What he said was just plain stupid and ignorant. He also came out with a great one about how all the black people in the deep south were happy as can be in the fields whistlin' dixie. That's just outright BS. Anyone who believes that is just stupid.

All that said, I agree that anyone who gets offended should just quit complaining and just not watch the damn show. It's stupid mindless drivel "reality" TV. And really, it's not half as bad in concept as some other crap they put on television. It's not like the guy's running for high public office, he's just a private citizen. They should get over it.
the gays are coming 4 U

Clifton Forge, VA

#17 Dec 23, 2013
jack wrote:
its not about religion, its about freedom of speech. it does say in the bible that homosexuality is wrong, and if youre christian, you follow the bible, which phil is and does. you do have a choice, about everything in life. i cant judge gay ppl just because we sin differently. i stand behind the robertsons 100%, and who cares what the media says? theyre rich as hell already, you cant touch them, theyre already sitting on top of the world!!
You guys are all a bunch of uneducated poltroons. Freedom of speech, as protected by the 1st amendment, is principally understood to mean the freedom to speak in a public forum without fear of reprisal from one's own government, and it also speaks to the freedom of the press (and freedom of political speech).

Nobody is or has infringed Mr. Robertson's freedom of speech. The fact that he came out with a bunch of vitriolic bigoted remarks in an interview given to a widely distributed publication testifies to this. It is not illegal to say ignorant and bigoted things anywhere. This never was the issue.

The issue is that a bunch of liberal cheese eating naval gazing New York City Living wankers are making a big stink over it because their tender little hearts got wounded by Mr. Robertson's remarks. And now a bunch of tender hearted homosexuals have started petitioning A&E to take action. Personally, I think A&E should just ignore them and tell them that if they're offended by it, vote with their wallets or just don't watch the show.
Don Key Dong

Smithfield, VA

#18 Dec 23, 2013
In order to make ammends they should make a run of limited edition "Saucer Head" Shaped duck calls!Perhaps this would be all the rage in gay bars!
1x3x1x2

Ashburn, VA

#20 Dec 23, 2013
I don't make sense? And freedom of speech is the issue here? No, it's not. People are making that the issue. Here's what it is: TV personalities have a contract with the network. Anything they say or do is a reflection on that network. Understand? It's like your boss firing you if you offended a customer that comes to your job (if your job requires you to deal with the public).
1x3x1x2

Ashburn, VA

#21 Dec 23, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said Socialist, however, we are becoming like a communist country, you cant say anything these days without being punished!
See? You said it again and you are way off. You obviously have no idea what communism is. But it's ok that you don't since there's never been a communist country. But you should get aquainted with the definition if you insist on using that word.
jop

Woodbridge, VA

#22 Dec 23, 2013
He has every right to believe and say what he wishes, but he's not free from consequences. Freedom of speech means he cannot be jailed or legally prosecuted for what he says, but that does not mean there are no ramifications. I can't go to work and be openly bigoted or judgmental to coworkers because of their race, sexual orientation or anything of the like, and neither can he. I disagree with his views, but I respect that he has his right to believe what he wants. However, when he signed on with A&E, he agreed to not say or do anything that would shine a negative light on them. It was his choice to sign that contract, his choice to say what he said, and now he's dealing with the consequences. You cannot blame the network for following through on clauses that Phil agreed to adhere by and then chose to ignore. Choices have consequences, there's a time and a place for those personal views and a televised interview while under contract isn't among them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iron Gate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scruggs has it 6 min Smh 2
Austin Clarke 57 min Whew 7
Hmm 58 min RumBum 6
over night guy at Bp in covington 7 hr yallthirsty 37
T Girls (Jan '15) 7 hr anytime 10
Jeremy Phillips 7 hr We know 29
whitney 7 hr anytime 10

Iron Gate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Iron Gate Mortgages