Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

sounds like a bunch of kids in a sand box, be thankful you have a job be with my family wether it is 8 hr shifts or 12 hrs. i have worked both in my life time an you have ore time off with working 12's, you only work 185 days a year.
You know from what i have read on this subject it seems like therer are only a few who dont want the 12's. i would even bet the stupid ones and cry babys who love the chance to work 4 hours that way they have 4 extra housrs to cry and bitch, saying oh my! how am i going to pay my bills that i ran up when i was make al that great money on 12' an got to make those big payments on those big trucks and fancy boats.
you people remind me of city council board of supper visors, and both school boards. be thankful the mill is still here for you to set and play around for the better part of your shift. no one wants to move here because of al the fighting with you guys, and the 4 boards, and you and bet whether its 8's or 12' you will work what ever they tell you and be happy about or drive 50 miles to work 8 hour shifts not the same money plus now you have the driving time. people get you head out of your asses and take a look around. the young peop-le dont want to work they just want a check wake up
mwv worker

White Sulphur Springs, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Herd the company and the union is going to meet this week on the 12's any truth to that ?
Trickle

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

mwv worker wrote:
Herd the company and the union is going to meet this week on the 12's any truth to that ?
Nope. No truth there. The meeting is for the Hall brothers to get a raise for f**king up our union.
jimmy

Crofton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Trickle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No truth there. The meeting is for the Hall brothers to get a raise for f**king up our union.
I garentee they get new trucks
wvu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

I would give up sunday pay and a 3.00 a hour pay cut to go back to 12 hours
Loading dept

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

we would give up sunday pay, all vacations, My seniority, my retirement,and take a $10 a hour cut, and Pay 100% of my insurance just to work 12 hours. who needs money if you get all the time off to be with the family. Priceless.
Question

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

I know this isn't on the topic at hand, but I have read on some of the financial boards of a possible sale of MWV to RockTenn (RKT), have any of you guys heard anything about this in the mill?
Trickle

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>I garentee they get new trucks
I wonder what Hoffa would have done if the union president went salary back in his day?
HaHa

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

First Jimmy you can't even spell guarantee so your lucky to even have a job. And I would expect stupid comments from the loading department . I'm sure I could guess which one it is also . Number 8 I'm sure.
Free Speech

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

wvu wrote:
everybody should think roy hall for helping the company you bunch of dumb asses thought he was god done every thing he told you to do I heard he got a nice under the table check for splitting the union you belived in him ha ha now pay the price for his profit
I think we should thank him not think him. Dumb Ass!
concerned wife

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 1

Why is it my husband can't get off on time on #2 machine? He has to put in 8 hours and 15 mins because he let off late everyday. He gets to work early. He deserves to get off on time like everyone else
Been There

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 1

concerned wife wrote:
Why is it my husband can't get off on time on #2 machine? He has to put in 8 hours and 15 mins because he let off late everyday. He gets to work early. He deserves to get off on time like everyone else
You can't clock in until either 5:53 1:53 or 9:53 depending on what shift you're working. You're considered tardy at 6:01 2:01 and 10:01. If someone is repeatedly tardy relieving your husband, they will acquire points. When that person reaches 12 points they will be subject to termination and the problem will fix itself.
CEM

La Plata, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 2

concerned wife wrote:
it's because one person is telling everyone else to clock in in the hour. That the reason why cause of a bunch of crybabies.
work this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 2

who the hell cares about 12 hour shifts at mwv.. blah blah blah!!!!!
susanjane47

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

Judged:

If you want to know what is going on with 12 hour shifts go to the CPU Local 675 Union Hall and seek the truth! Bet you haven't been to a meeting this year, UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL
i plead the 5th

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

Fred Zepplin wrote:
I don't hear ebonics. I just hear uneducated window lickers.
I still think we need a fleet of buses headed towards Catawba. They can lick windows to their heart's desire.
Dukie

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

"I hope the USW wins on the Next Vote. So we can get our Health Clinic back."

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Well if anyone need a great bj after work holler at me
susanjane47

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

susanjane47 wrote:
I hope the USW wins on the Next Vote. So we can get our Health Clinic back.
. Susanjane47 did NOT post this quote. The health clinic was a joke to begin with and I went down street to new CPU union office and supported Local 675 for 38 years....CPU FOREVER for me!!!!
booze

Amelia Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Heard that there is discrimination going on papermachine

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Iron Gate Discussions

Search the Iron Gate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
girl named margie in bc 33 min trucker10-4 1
shane davis and becca 1 hr lol 3
How to tell children their grandparent has pass... 2 hr Mother 1
drug bust 11 hr crime times reader 42
bands in covington 11 hr lol defending 11
covington cops 12 hr Entrapment 4
Suspended permit 12 hr Oh my 10
•••
•••