an absence of significant diversity i...

an absence of significant diversity in the sigma alpha epsilon fraternity

Posted in the Irmo Forum

Searh for Truth

Albany, GA

#1 Aug 11, 2012
AN ABSENCE OF SIGNIFICANT DIVERSITY IN THE SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON FRATERNITY

A True Brotherhood should love and support each other. Communication is at the key to the relationship.

I have observed serious problems with communication and diversity in the BROTHERHOOD of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. We need to communicate that all of our chapters are a brotherhood open to all individuals, and not just white males.

Too many chapters are all white and Sigma Alpha Epsilon has done too little to emphasize the importance of respecting individuals for their differences.

Whether you are Black, Hispanic, Asian, disabled, religious, non-religious, gay, straight, a veteran, a senior citizen or some other diverse characteristic you should be welcome if this is a TRUE BROTHERHOOD.

Photographs in fraternity publications should consistently show diversity to sell the message inside and outside the organization that we are a new organization.

We were founded in the Old South but we should live according to the principles of the New South and the nation where we live and have a great many chapters, and our doors should be open to everyone. My advice is:

Believe diversity! Act diversity!
Require diversity! Quantify diversity!
Sell diversity! Reward diversity!
Army guy

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2012
So, I'm not arguing your point, however why is it ok for there to be all black fraternity's and sororitys, and even all black colleges or scholarships? Is that diverse? I agree with your message, but diversity should be on all ends of the spectrum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irmo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
traffic 20 hr Toomuchtraffic 1
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Alonzo 1,400
Donald Trump Feb '16 nomorepoliticians 1
Irmo Music Thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 17
News Irmo Prinicpal Resigns Over Club Formation (May '08) Jul '15 tlt2325 1,346
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Irmo Mortgages