Man pleads guilty to killing boy

Full story: Abilene Reporter-News

A former local college football player pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Friday for killing an 11-month-old boy in 2004.
Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ANONYMOUS

Coleman, TX

#1 Apr 28, 2006
I THINK THAT JUSTIN HILL SHOULD SERVE TIME. MAYBE HE IS CAPABLE OF LIVING LIFE AS A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN, BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. WHAT DOES IT TEACH US. NOTHING. THE ONLY THING THAT SAYS IS THAT IF YOU WERE INVOLVED IN HIGH SCHOOL AND YOU WERE A GOOD STUDENT THEN THE LAW WILL BE EASY ON YOU. WELL THIS LITTLE BOY WILL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE ANYTHING IN LIFE. WHEN DID GOD LET JUSTIN SUBSTITUTE FOR HIM? HOW DID HE BRING IT UPON HIMSELF TO END THIS LITTLE INNOCENT BOY'S LIFE? I HOPE THAT HE ROTS IN JAIL AND GETS WHAT HE DESERVES. IF HE IS SUCH A CHRISTIAN THEN WHY DID HE DO THIS? IF HE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON, WHAT MADE HIM DO THIS? WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS DONE AND WHAT HE IS DOING NOW. THINK ABOUT HOW THAT LITTLE BOY DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST A GROWN MAN. EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT JUSTINS TEMPER. HE DIDNT HAVE ANY PATIENCE AND WHEN HE GOT MAD HE WAS UNSTOPABLE. WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD THIS LITTLE KID OF DONE TO MAKE HIM SOOOOO MAD? HE WAS A CHILD AND DIDNT DESERVE THIS. IMAGINE THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HE WENT THROUGH AT THE HANDS OF THIS MURDERER. BUT I GUESS SINCE HE WAS A FOOTBALL PLAYER AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL FOR HIMSELF HE DESERVES TO GO FREE. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD? IF IT WAS MINE I WOULD BE IN JAIL FOR MURDER. BUT HEY LETS NOT TEACH HIM A LESSON LETS LET HIM GO FREE. AND FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE BEHIND HIM, GREAT, BUT DONT LET YOUR KIDS AROUND HIM. OPEN YOUR EYES, HE MIGHT BE NICE, AND A GOOD FRIEND BUT WHEN DOES A MURDERER EVER SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?
ANONYMOUS

Newtown Square, PA

#2 Apr 30, 2006
I AGREE. DOES JUSTIN HAVE AN ABUSE HISTORY? IF THAT IS THE CASE, HE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS CRIME. THIS CHILD DIND'T EVEN CELEBRATE HIS FIRST BIRTHDAY. WHAT ABOUT HIS THE CHILDS MOTHER? WAS SHE AWARE OF HIS ABUSIVE TENDENCY? I FEEL FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
ANONYMOUS wrote:
I THINK THAT JUSTIN HILL SHOULD SERVE TIME. MAYBE HE IS CAPABLE OF LIVING LIFE AS A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN, BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. WHAT DOES IT TEACH US. NOTHING. THE ONLY THING THAT SAYS IS THAT IF YOU WERE INVOLVED IN HIGH SCHOOL AND YOU WERE A GOOD STUDENT THEN THE LAW WILL BE EASY ON YOU. WELL THIS LITTLE BOY WILL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE ANYTHING IN LIFE. WHEN DID GOD LET JUSTIN SUBSTITUTE FOR HIM? HOW DID HE BRING IT UPON HIMSELF TO END THIS LITTLE INNOCENT BOY'S LIFE? I HOPE THAT HE ROTS IN JAIL AND GETS WHAT HE DESERVES. IF HE IS SUCH A CHRISTIAN THEN WHY DID HE DO THIS? IF HE IS SUCH A GOOD PERSON, WHAT MADE HIM DO THIS? WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS DONE AND WHAT HE IS DOING NOW. THINK ABOUT HOW THAT LITTLE BOY DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST A GROWN MAN. EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT JUSTINS TEMPER. HE DIDNT HAVE ANY PATIENCE AND WHEN HE GOT MAD HE WAS UNSTOPABLE. WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD THIS LITTLE KID OF DONE TO MAKE HIM SOOOOO MAD? HE WAS A CHILD AND DIDNT DESERVE THIS. IMAGINE THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HE WENT THROUGH AT THE HANDS OF THIS MURDERER. BUT I GUESS SINCE HE WAS A FOOTBALL PLAYER AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL FOR HIMSELF HE DESERVES TO GO FREE. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD? IF IT WAS MINE I WOULD BE IN JAIL FOR MURDER. BUT HEY LETS NOT TEACH HIM A LESSON LETS LET HIM GO FREE. AND FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE BEHIND HIM, GREAT, BUT DONT LET YOUR KIDS AROUND HIM. OPEN YOUR EYES, HE MIGHT BE NICE, AND A GOOD FRIEND BUT WHEN DOES A MURDERER EVER SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?
Cherity

Abilene, TX

#3 Feb 15, 2007
I knew Justin in high school and never once seen him be mean to anyone. He played with the younger children and was great to be around. I am angry that about what happened but he was not an abusive person and did not have a temper. Justin is serving his time there is no reason to add untrue things about him.
Stoney

San Antonio, TX

#4 Feb 18, 2007
death is too easy for this guy
anonymous

Sweetwater, TX

#5 Apr 18, 2007
"death is too easy for this guy"
-STONEY

you have no right to judge a person you don't know. you wasn't their and you don't know justin. he is kind and sweet just like the rest of his family. and for you to say something like this is just like murder itself. he feels bad for what happened accident or not. westbrook supports him because we know that he is a sincere man.
Blah-

Big Spring, TX

#6 Sep 22, 2008
You agree??? Then you ask "Does Justin have an abouse history??? Hmm... sounds like you know alot...
ANONYMOUS wrote:
I AGREE. DOES JUSTIN HAVE AN ABUSE HISTORY? IF THAT IS THE CASE, HE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS CRIME. THIS CHILD DIND'T EVEN CELEBRATE HIS FIRST BIRTHDAY. WHAT ABOUT HIS THE CHILDS MOTHER? WAS SHE AWARE OF HIS ABUSIVE TENDENCY? I FEEL FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
<quoted text>
anonymous

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 2, 2008
i feel the people who think justin is a good guy and that he don't deserve to do any time needs to take a long look at the fact that justin will be spending his next birthday ALIVE..that 11 month old BABY on the other hand didnt have a snowballs chance in hell against this sorry excuse of a human. so all who think this football player is above the law i feel very sorry for you as when you go to sleep at night i know you dream of how this BABY SUFFERED IN THE HANDS OF YOUR STAR FOOTBALL PLAYER..
ole son

Abilene, TX

#8 Feb 18, 2009
i understand how all u people feel that justin is this horrible person because all u people know justin and how by the good ole media what is the media job to make things appear larger than they really are right. so how can all u people judge this man when you dont what really happend all that you nubs see is this guy who killed someone so why dont you nubs shutup and worry about something that has something to do with and then you can jab your jaws about that nobodys perfect so who are you too judge.
stan

San Angelo, TX

#9 Feb 21, 2009
ole son wrote:
i understand how all u people feel that justin is this horrible person because all u people know justin and how by the good ole media what is the media job to make things appear larger than they really are right. so how can all u people judge this man when you dont what really happend all that you nubs see is this guy who killed someone so why dont you nubs shutup and worry about something that has something to do with and then you can jab your jaws about that nobodys perfect so who are you too judge.
you ask who are they to judge. well you commit a crime then you are judged by your peers. thats who they are to judge. as for media, well you are right. there is very little chance of getting the true and real story from them. i mean i think jh played one year of college football, and then they call him the hsu football star. any of you want to know the real story, well its public record
anonymous

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2009
I think Justin made a mistake and he is paying for it.
jjac

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2009
anyone that can lay there hands on an innocent child and kill a child deserves to be put away for life if not worse. a child is a child. he was a man, there was no way that a child was goin to be able to fight back and defend itself. to many baby killers in this world already. just cause he played football dont mean shit. he took a childs life,thats what you should be focusing on now.
Hang-a-babykille r

Austin, TX

#12 Jul 31, 2009
jjac wrote:
anyone that can lay there hands on an innocent child and kill a child deserves to be put away for life if not worse. a child is a child. he was a man, there was no way that a child was goin to be able to fight back and defend itself. to many baby killers in this world already. just cause he played football dont mean shit. he took a childs life,thats what you should be focusing on now.
You sure right about that ... RIP God's Child, 5yrs later..
carla

Abilene, TX

#13 Aug 11, 2009
sorry for your loss
Anonymous

Colorado City, TX

#14 Jan 12, 2010
Well i know him personally....Sooooooo yeah JUSTIN did have a TEMPER and it was SHORT!!!! So for all of those who are taking up for him must not have any kids cause if you did you would picture your child in that situation and you would want to hang him. Cause in no shape form or fashion does a child deserve this. I dont give a crap for him and wake up people, he was a grown man, he knew what he was doing. And yes he does have a history of abuse in his family. So before yall go off taking up for him and feeling sorry for him; YALL need to do some research before yall take up for a MURDERER!!!!!!! It dont matter how you spell it, you still come up with the word "MURDERER"! And same as the statement above. WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MURDERER SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?
Rhonda

Abilene, TX

#16 May 17, 2010
For those of you who grew up with him in Westbrook, I know it is hard for you to believe that any one you ever knew in your life could be capable of such a heinous crime but the fact of the matter is his college roommate and "new" friends were well aware of his drug problem. He was at the time taking steroids which is proven to cause violent mood swings due to the over abundance of male hormones.
So many grew up so nice and sweet and go down the wrong path, get mixed up with the wrong people. Hey....it happens!!
sick

Jerome, ID

#17 Jun 15, 2010
ole son wrote:
well i child is dead at the handy of a man i hope he is raped and mybe even killed punk for hurting that baby baby killer is what he is.......and if you dont like it you to can go to hell
Anonymous

Mcallen, TX

#18 Aug 21, 2010
I personally knew Justin. He was a very nice guy who got mixed with the wrong crowd. I feel so bad for his sweet family and the girlfriend. This is a testament that you don't have to be some out of control crazy person to commit a crime. This was a very well educated, well liked, star football player. If you would have asked any of his friends if he was capable of this everyone of them would have said no. It was a very unfortunate situation. I do know that what satin means for evil, God can do for good. I pray that when he gets out...he is able to live somewhat of a life, and I pray for the family of that sweet little boy.
U know me

United States

#21 Sep 2, 2010
I personally knew Justin too. and I personally watched him drink quite a bit and party while he was out waiting for his trial,so no he's not a saint Ya he's a nice guy and I hope all is forgiven no matter how hard that may be for some people to do I hope when he is released he lives a better life as a real christian. I hope he's forgiven his wife who I hear is brought someone elses baby into this world. because if he asked for forgiveness for his sins he should return the favor. remember to ask for forgiveness after you judge the man and his crime Cia was called home to walk with jesus he feels no more pain. Nothing makes what happened right and I could not began to understand the pain of his mother But i bet it's still there. Jesus loves all the people !!!!
stan

Abilene, TX

#22 Nov 2, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
I personally knew Justin. He was a very nice guy who got mixed with the wrong crowd. I feel so bad for his sweet family and the girlfriend. This is a testament that you don't have to be some out of control crazy person to commit a crime. This was a very well educated, well liked, star football player. If you would have asked any of his friends if he was capable of this everyone of them would have said no. It was a very unfortunate situation. I do know that what satin means for evil, God can do for good. I pray that when he gets out...he is able to live somewhat of a life, and I pray for the family of that sweet little boy.
here we go with this star football thing again. what the hell does that possibly have to do with it? the wrong crowd? did any of the "wrong croud" kill any babies? I think you have no idea about the person you think you know.
Mykidsmom

United States

#23 Dec 10, 2010
What is justin's last name? I clicked the link but the page will not load, I was trying to find the story. I have to agree with the person who said " if it was my BABY I would be in jail right now for murder " END OF STORY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ira Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 min Defiant1 22,343
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 1 hr why 772
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bob Bakian 544
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 17,915
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 5 hr Gasman 338
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 5 hr Gasman 723
All of us cousins in front of our house on Walnut Aug 28 Sherry 2
•••
•••
•••

Ira Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ira People Search