Tyngsboro superintendent a finalist for Masconomet post

Full story: Lowell Sun

Superintendent of Schools Darrell Lockwood is one of three finalists for the Masconomet Regional School District's top job opening in Boxford, Masconomet School Committee member John Spencer has announced.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I know

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Begin a search NOW for a new superintendent. Obviously Tyngsboro doesn't "pique his interest" any longer. Don't renew his contract, even if he doesn't get the other job.
Annoyed citizen

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

What's wrong in Tyngsboro? All competant administrators leave, Fools stay, Why can the tax collector vacation during tax collection month? He's always missing.
Tyngsborough

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Tyngsborough has had too much staff turnover. Something is fundamentally wrong here. I have no idea what that is though.
bums

Madison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

tyngsboro should merge with dunstable and groton.
duntonboro.
then they should secede and merge with NH with the stipulation that our property taxes wont change!
Nancy

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Something is fundamentally wrong here ? You had an overworked Administrator who became irate at the drop of a hat so people quit, the town has no money, and you except Dr. Lockwood to work miracles yet cut his staff.

Didn't Don Ciampa get passed over for the Superintendent job ? Didn't all that money go into a search committe when the guy loved Tyngsboro and his students get passed over ?

The answer is simple. The new superintendent should be Don Ciampa.
I know

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Nancy wrote:
Something is fundamentally wrong here ? You had an overworked Administrator who became irate at the drop of a hat so people quit, the town has no money, and you except Dr. Lockwood to work miracles yet cut his staff.
Didn't Don Ciampa get passed over for the Superintendent job ? Didn't all that money go into a search committe when the guy loved Tyngsboro and his students get passed over ?
The answer is simple. The new superintendent should be Don Ciampa.
Loving Tyngsboro is not enough to qualify one to become superintendent. A search committee of 15+community and school volunteers did not think Don was qualified 18 months ago to make it to the final cut of candidates. Nothing's changed since then.
Nancy

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Loving Tyngsboro is not enough to qualify one to become superintendent. A search committee of 15+community and school volunteers did not think Don was qualified 18 months ago to make it to the final cut of candidates. Nothing's changed since then.
Perhaps not, then they can shell out several thousands of dollars every couple of years for a new search committee, because Tyngsboro is going to be a proving ground for newbies and then they will be off to bigger and better.
I know

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps not, then they can shell out several thousands of dollars every couple of years for a new search committee, because Tyngsboro is going to be a proving ground for newbies and then they will be off to bigger and better.
Just to clarify - the search committee itself doesn't cost anything. There is only a cost if the SC retains a search firm. Which they chose to do last time, but don't have to do again if they don't wish to spend the money. THere is a minimal cost to post jobs. And Dr L. is hardly a newbie - he is quite experienced and skilled.
taxpayer

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Ciampa should get the job
Common Sense

Acushnet, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

This also shows that the previous stupidintendent really messed up the system so bad, under the watch of our elected officials, that it'll be more than a "piqued interest" that will fix the problem. What will we be charging our kids to ride the bus next year? How much for a sport? Yes, the entire school system is a mess, and who is to blame? Look in the mirror. We let this happen.
Beware

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Beware Masconomet. As soon as the NESDEC consulting firm cashes your check, they'll be shopping Lockwood around to another community just like they did to Tyngsboro.
styngsboro

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Common Sense wrote:
Ciampa is a phony. The entire school system needs an overhaul. Too many overpaid administrators. Now they'll try to pay a new stupidintendant even more, with the "logic" that you have to pay high to get quality. Well, look at what some of the highest paid salaries are in the town... and tell me, are those people "quality" people, or just people who know how to use/abuse the system to their advantage?
Interesting...Which ones are overpaid? I thought it was a problem a few years back and Lockwood consolidated? Or is it the wool over our eyes. Your info would be great?
Common Sense

Acushnet, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Just peruse the annual town report, and check out the salaries.
Tyngsboro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

styngsboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...Which ones are overpaid? I thought it was a problem a few years back and Lockwood consolidated? Or is it the wool over our eyes. Your info would be great?
The problem is they hire from within. They hire inexperienced, unqualified administrators to save money and they in turn make mistakes that cost the schools more. For instance the asst. principal at high school. Also the administrator of Special ed has no experience with middle & HS students. NONE. She only has early childhood experience yet she is in charge of grades K-12. She's making decisions that can perminantly affect children's lives and she would never get this position in another school system.
styngsboro

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Common Sense wrote:
Just peruse the annual town report, and check out the salaries.
So you really don't know what your talking about then?
styngsboro

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Tyngsboro wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is they hire from within. They hire inexperienced, unqualified administrators to save money and they in turn make mistakes that cost the schools more. For instance the asst. principal at high school. Also the administrator of Special ed has no experience with middle & HS students. NONE. She only has early childhood experience yet she is in charge of grades K-12. She's making decisions that can perminantly affect children's lives and she would never get this position in another school system.
So you have a SPED director that is familiar with early chilhood and those children end up in high school...sounds better than having a HS SPED director...What mistakes have been made that has cost us taxpayers money? Hasn't he cut grant writers and both principals and asst principals? Seems to be more efficient with less than Hawkins had?
Tyngsboro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

styngsboro wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a SPED director that is familiar with early chilhood and those children end up in high school...sounds better than having a HS SPED director...What mistakes have been made that has cost us taxpayers money? Hasn't he cut grant writers and both principals and asst principals? Seems to be more efficient with less than Hawkins had?
Not really. High School and middle school are different. The kids are people just like regular ed kids. Why would you pay a High school teacher more than elementary and expect them to be highly qualified? Bottom line, you are paying an administator a big salary who is required to be educated and experienced in all age groups. This person is the boss to sped teachers who actually do know what they are doing and makes decisions that affect lives.
When she screws up, which she has, the school pays the attorney to dig her out. What little they save on her salary isn't worth the rest.
styngsboro

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Tyngsboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. High School and middle school are different. The kids are people just like regular ed kids. Why would you pay a High school teacher more than elementary and expect them to be highly qualified? Bottom line, you are paying an administator a big salary who is required to be educated and experienced in all age groups. This person is the boss to sped teachers who actually do know what they are doing and makes decisions that affect lives.
When she screws up, which she has, the school pays the attorney to dig her out. What little they save on her salary isn't worth the rest.
where are the discrepencies in the sped dir. job performance? how have him/her screwed up and what has it cost us? accusations of administration
failing again but nobody gives examples! if they have, tell us. validate yuor rhetoric? too many people overpaid...they screw up...attorney fees...sorry i won't believe it till i see it.
Echo

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Bye Dr.. Watch out for the door..
Tyng Parent

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

To all you fools who think Don Champa should get the job. He was the fool who pushed for the school to move to the DCL. He did this to improve his resume. Of course, Tyngsboro has never competed well in the DCL. My kids go to BG. Tyngsboro is such a loser town. I'd sell my home in a minute if I could get a decent price, but with half the homes selling short...you get the picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Ipswich News Video

•••
•••

Ipswich Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ipswich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE