Dig in

Mar 11, 2014 Full story: Boston.com

Thanks to continually increasing interest in green spaces and ultra-local produce, it's cooler than ever to coax those plants, flowers, and veggies from the soil with your own two hands.

Full Story
Unconventional Gardening

Beverly, MA

#1 Mar 13, 2014
After such a long and difficult winter, it would be wonderful if all green spaces, front lawns and public parks could be cultivated to grow more vegetables, fruit trees and beneficial flowers. Wouldn't it be nice if city planners and homeowners associations would lighten up and let this happen? Better yet, encourage it? Impaitients are nice, but there could be room for more vegetables and fruit trees to improve the environment and educate people about how healthy food grows. It does not matter who eats it, the point is to create more plant diversity and inspire everyone to look upon vegetables as beautiful and, make them as plentiful as possible. Our decline in health or lack of food for low income people is a problem that can be solved with very little effort if everyone pitched in a tiny bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ipswich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exploring the Game of Thrones audience using vi... Dec 7 Why 1
Workers strike Ipswich manufacturer Nov 27 MrHardazz 1
Evangelical college gay rights stand causes uproar Nov '14 Rainbow Kid 18
Beverly MA History, Gibbons Spa Nov '14 Blitz0127 1
Peabody, Massachusetts Dental Implant Clinic Ad... Nov '14 Courtney Galler 2
Quick Info: What to Know About Halloween Night ... Oct '14 Really 1
Rock-climbing gardener' is new principal in Lev... Oct '14 kurtcooksalot16 2

Ipswich News Video

Ipswich Dating
Find my Match