Man accused of assaulting Iowa City officer may claim self-defense

Full story: The Gazette 6
Branden L. Plummer, 20, is taken from the courtroom following a bond reduction hearing Monday, Dec. Full Story

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 3, 2012
I don't know all that happened during the incident, but I feel sure there was no attempted murder. Since the student had the upper hand and did not kill the officer, it's obvious he wasn't trying to kill him; so I feel the charges should be less severe. Why destroy a young person's life for a fight? Child molesters in Iowa get far less severe sentences.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

#2 Jan 3, 2012
"Former University of Iowa football player Cedric Everson was sentenced to seven days in jail for an assault conviction stemming from a 2007 sex abuse case."

UI Football player Everson sexually assaulted a woman and got only seven days in jail. Of course, we all are aware that football players from the UI are privileged; but why should Plummer get such excessive charges against him in view of the leniency given to Everson? Seems justice is only for those who can either afford it or have a favored position in sports.
Liberty is Freedom

Berrien Springs, MI

#3 Jan 21, 2012
Who grabed WHO first ? Who is the BULLIE ? Who gets payed to be a BULLIE ?

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

#4 Jan 22, 2012
Liberty is Freedom wrote:
Who grabed WHO first ? Who is the BULLIE ? Who gets payed to be a BULLIE ?
According to the Press Citizen article, the man suddenly attacked the police officer after being asked for ID. I feel that it isn't as simple as that, for it's not logical that he should suddenly assault the officer for just asking. The whole story is not being presented, I suspect; but even if what the officer said were all that happened, 25 years is an excessive penalty when you consider the other criminals who recieve far less punishment for far worse crimes.
Liberty is Freedom

Suisun City, CA

#5 Jan 22, 2012
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Press Citizen article, the man suddenly attacked the police officer after being asked for ID. I feel that it isn't as simple as that, for it's not logical that he should suddenly assault the officer for just asking. The whole story is not being presented, I suspect; but even if what the officer said were all that happened, 25 years is an excessive penalty when you consider the other criminals who recieve far less punishment for far worse crimes.
@@@@@@@@@@
Collusion between press and Gvernment Soldiers, is common.

Fact is, after being interigoated, intimitated, harassed, and beat up, after attempting to defend ones self, from (I say it this way, because this is how such things get INDUCED) the presumed assult of a Police Officer, weighted with authority, over zealously agressively grabing ID from the hand of a citizen. Inducing a response. P.O.S.T. training teaches this trnichque, to be used as a tactic to give possible
probable cause, to arrest.

Our Freedom is in the hands of the KINGS SOLDIERS !
@@@@@@@@@@
Liberty is Freedom

Suisun City, CA

#6 Jan 22, 2012
My suggestion for the Police is don't go putting your hands on J-walkers from the back. THAT IS ASSULT... An asking for a reaction...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Undocumented chickens taken by police (Mar '10) Sep 25 DILF 19
Youth arrested while dancing near Iowa City statue (Jun '10) Sep 14 PDX Dave 11
What will it take? Sep 4 Big Bone Boy 1
Debate: Immigrant Amnesty - Iowa City, IA (Jan '12) Sep 4 Big Bone Boy 16
Storms Aug 31 y que 2
Mission Accomplished for Vinton Chiropractic Ce... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Chiropractor from... 20
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 63

Iowa City Jobs

Iowa City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Iowa City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Iowa City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]