Candlelight vigil for teen brings out...

Candlelight vigil for teen brings out 200

There are 106 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Candlelight vigil for teen brings out 200. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A 17-year-old Ionia County boy was found dead by his mother over the weekend. Michael Meek's parents say they're not sure exactly how he died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
7548hey

Greenville, MI

#105 Jan 23, 2009
CG In Ionia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it the school's responsiblity or the super intendents to prevent things like this from happening? Hello, this kid had PARENTS! They are the ones that should have seen the signs of his usage. They LIVED with him, the super intendent didnt. And what about his skateboard buddies. They all knew what he was doing....."Friends dont let friends skate after huffing" should be the newest slogan.
my boyfriend was actually one of him best friends and had no idea what was going on! we talk about mike often even though i didnt know him i really feel like i do. he sounds like a great kid with a heart of gold and an amazing sense of humor.
rip mike.
Lenette

La Crosse, WI

#106 Apr 7, 2009
yea i hung out with mike alot and god i jsut miss seeing him all the tim ei mean wow 7 months already
Celia-Ionia

Gowen, MI

#107 Oct 25, 2009
I'm glad to know this topic is still being lived.

we all miss and love you mike, so much!
Rest in Peace d00d!
<3
Chloe

Caro, MI

#108 Mar 22, 2010
i miss him soo much to this day, he means the owrld to me. everynight i think about how life would have been if he was still here and if it ahppend to me. mike you are missed and loved. rest in peace and skate that golden road.

love
chloe
bhelms

Greenville, MI

#109 Jul 2, 2010
I am Mike's mother. For those of you who have coountributed to this site in a positive way, thank you! It is very healing for me to hear those comments and see the impact he has had in everyone's life. For those of you who don't know him, for those of you who find it impossible to believe this was his first time, this is for you. Michael did not live with me between the ages of 9 and 14. He went through some rough times then that I did not know about. And by the way, he wasn't taken away because I was a bad parent.Specifics cannot be gotten into, but it was not like that. When he finally stood up and said he was going to come live with me there had already been some things that he had chose to do. I knew during those years something was going on, I tried to talk to him. I arranged for counseling, through the church and secular. He would never open up. The Monday after he died he was scheduled to get a full evaluation including mental health. He had apparently developed the habit of huffing in the years he was not with me. The people responsible for how that went down will never have a clue as to what that did to Michael or his brother. In any case, my son came to live with me all closed up emotionally, shy, introverted. In the two years he was with me he blossomed into this beautiful, random, funny, smart young man. In the two years he gained the respect of a small town and impacted all of our lives in ways so unrealized until he died. I feel it is important for you to know that the investigating officer educated me on how these kids do huffing and helped me in this area. I did research on line of my own, seeking to understand, other than two incidents when I was in my late teens, I have never drank or done drugs. So I still struggle understanding. In that research I found a listing of "signs". Michael had none of them. Ever. This is how we concluded, along with other info, that he was not habitually huffing. There are just times that things don't make sense, don't measure up, we can't understand. That is ok with me, because I know there is a God in control and I don't have to understand everything. He does. He has done many things thru our losing Mike that may have never been accomplished otherwise. While there is not a day that goes by that I do not miss my boy and his antics, and wouldn't give anything to have him back, I trust God and His infinite wisdom and find great comfort in Him. I know that Mike is in Heaven, he made a public proclamation of faith the Mon before he died. This gives me incredible comfort. May you all know God in the ways I have come to know Him, may you all experience His goodness and mercy. God bless you all, even you that could not contribute in a positive way.
Chloe

Bath, MI

#110 Oct 27, 2010
Mike was the best of friends to me and many others... he helped me with so many hard times in my life.. and iknow he is up there in heaven with god still helping all of us out.. mike ilove you

love,
Chloe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) May 21 Jim Rowley Ionia Mi 7
News Mom grasps that boys are in heaven May 14 hon2505 1
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22
Presumed illegal gambling ring draws large crowds Mar '15 Concerned Citizen 1
Poll Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Nov '14 Karma Train 6
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
More from around the web

Ionia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]