Ionia Memorial Hospital---Getting bet...

Ionia Memorial Hospital---Getting better???

Posted in the Ionia Forum

Since: Feb 08

Fremont, MI

#1 Feb 20, 2008
Do you think that in the past year that Ionia Memorial Hospital is getting better? Since they have pushed out the family doctors that were in the ER dept and now have actual ER doctors, is Ionia Hospital on the right track?
to hell with him

Greenville, MI

#2 Feb 23, 2008
Ionia hospital has no urgency. If they are busy you get in and out quickly and if they are slow you spend three hours there to get something simple like an x-ray done. Ionia hospital is still a joke. Anybody might as well drive an hour away and get some real service.
employee

Saint Joseph, MI

#3 Aug 15, 2008
Yes I do. As an ICMH employee, it's not news to us that people in the community view us with a negative reputation. But in the last 10 months I have seen the most drastic improvements this hospital has seen in probably over 30+ years. The x-ray department is now equipped with the most up-to-date technology so now your films are digital, which also means FASTER. Yes there are some great new ER doctors along with a newly remodeled department, and we are starting to extend other services like opening a chemotherapy clinic and adding additional days for people to get MRI's locally and at a convenient time. But the thing that sets Ionia apart from the supposed "bigger & better" hospitals 30 miles to our east and west is that we ARE a small town hospital with small town hospitality. We treat every patient like they were a member of our own family. As soon as you walk through the door you're greeted with a compassionate smile from one of our many wonderful volunteers, and they see to it that you are taken good care of. So, like I stated earlier ICMH hasn't had a good rap for many years now, but now under the management of Sparrow Ionia has slowly but surely been regaining it's credability, and within a year or two the new hospital on 66 will prove all the skeptics wrong.
employee2

Garden City, MI

#4 Feb 4, 2009
yeah we have some newer equipment but most of it is garbage
speakup

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Nov 12, 2009
ICMH sux. It was better before they got the current doctors who are rude and vicious. One of the ER docs isn't even board certified. It is a political hell hole and the patients lose as a result. The new nursing management is brutal. Do yourself a favor and head to Grand Rapids.
Patient

Greenville, MI

#6 Jun 13, 2011
I happened to be a patient at ICMH about a month ago. I had to go in for stomach pain and long story short...the doctor that treated me had a male nurse give me vicodin BEFORE announcing my pregnancy results. Then he diagnosed me with GERD when he told me face to face that he did not know what was causing the pain in my stomach. I'll go to GR or Carson City next time.
Patient

Greenville, MI

#7 Jun 13, 2011
I happened to be a patient at ICMH about a month ago. I had to go in for stomach pain and long story short...the doctor that treated me had a male nurse give me vicodin BEFORE announcing my pregnancy results. Then he diagnosed me with GERD when he told me face to face that he did not know what was causing the pain in my stomach. I'll go to GR or Carson City next time.
truth

Hartland, MI

#8 Jul 29, 2011
Ionia er ema group is just about making money they care little for the patients best intrest no matter what they say!! Corrupt hospital administration etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) May '15 Jim Rowley Ionia Mi 7
News Mom grasps that boys are in heaven May '15 hon2505 1
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22
Presumed illegal gambling ring draws large crowds Mar '15 Concerned Citizen 1
Poll Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Nov '14 Karma Train 6
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ionia Mortgages