McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2002 Trufant murder

Oct 27, 2006 Full story: Carson City Gazette 21

More than four years after an elderly man was beaten to death in his Trufant home, a jury Thursday held three men accountable for the violent slaying.

( via Carson City Gazette  ) Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
debnheath

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 May 29, 2007
These 3 men are all innocent, the real killers are still out there and the truth will come out sooner than later.
Scott

Greenville, MI

#2 Aug 6, 2007
The real killers were convicted.
Shannon

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2007
debnheath wrote:
These 3 men are all innocent, the real killers are still out there and the truth will come out sooner than later.
Tell Clint I said hello ...and take care
clints ex

South Lyon, MI

#4 Jul 5, 2008
guilty as charged, learned crime from home life
clints ex

South Lyon, MI

#5 Jul 5, 2008
guilty as charged
clints woman

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Aug 10, 2008
they are innicenct and the real killers will be caught and punished
clints woman

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Aug 10, 2008
they are not guilty and the real killers will be caught and punished

Since: Aug 08

saranac

#8 Aug 10, 2008
clints woman wrote:
they are innicenct and the real killers will be caught and punished
i am from grand rapids michigan not bradley
El Barracho

Ypsilanti, MI

#9 Dec 26, 2008
Clint McGowan was always a drop of poison in the pond of life. Even in school, the guy was worthless. He spent more of his time trying to figure out how to get out of trouble rather than staying out of trouble.

Prison is a waste for him, they should hang him from the tallest tree they can find.
Amanda

Greenville, MI

#10 Jan 29, 2009
I dated one of these guys and i also believe that atleast he is innocent. I refuse to believe that someone i once loved could do something like that. Innocent on all accounts in my book!
Anonymous

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Feb 22, 2009
El Barracho wrote:
Clint McGowan was always a drop of poison in the pond of life. Even in school, the guy was worthless. He spent more of his time trying to figure out how to get out of trouble rather than staying out of trouble.
Prison is a waste for him, they should hang him from the tallest tree they can find.
Agreed completely. One of them has attempted rape on a minor and I know this first-hand so no one on here can tell me otherwise. These guys have always been users that would do anything to get theirs. It saddens me to see that they were obviously able to fool *some* friends and family into believing they were decent individuals. Both of these men are scum, guilty as charged.
Amanda

United States

#12 Feb 23, 2009
I did not know the McGowan brothers but i knew Eddie Griffes and i do not believe any of this about him. There is no way the man i once loved could ever do this to another human being. Sure he has done his share of bad things but he hasn't hurt anyone but himself.

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Feb 28, 2009
Amanda< do you still like anal sex?
know these guys

Greenville, MI

#14 Mar 4, 2009
I grew up with these two brothers, it was only a matter of time before they did something horrific. Frank is just as much to blame for thier behavior, he himself is no stranger to incarceration or running from the law. I remember him dodging accusations of a serious car accident, letting his wife take the fall. Thats how he raised those boys, party every night, drugs for the whole family, when we run out we'll make more. Look what these two have done since they been in prison, Clints level 4 and Heath is level 5. You don't get there being the sweet angels you people think they are.
Amanda

Belding, MI

#15 Mar 11, 2009
Caleb M Young wrote:
Amanda< do you still like anal sex?
Ur sick. I do not know you so keep your sicko comments to yourself.
josh

Flint, MI

#16 May 1, 2010
i also grew up with them and like the other person said it was jsut a matter of time. does anyone remmber how they sued and won money for clint getting hit on by a car due to his stupidity and then his mom and dad blowing the money they won. there parents are the ones to blame and they should be in cells right next to them. i do miss the fun times i had with them when i was younger but im glad i took a differenbt road. RIP boys
Country Girl

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2010
Amanda wrote:
I dated one of these guys and i also believe that atleast he is innocent. I refuse to believe that someone i once loved could do something like that. Innocent on all accounts in my book!
That is just stupid. Just because you loved him doesn't mean he's a good person on the inside.
AJohnson

Rockford, MI

#18 Jan 26, 2011
I know both Clint and Heath and had nothing but fun with both of them yea they might of liked to party and have fun but who doesn't, everyone run into a hard time in there lives, but i don't agree that they did what they have been charged for
jjgriffes

Rockford, MI

#19 Feb 22, 2012
I agree with Amanda on some level. I am Eddie's sister in-law and to tell you the truth I can't stand him most of the time because he is always on something. But I know for a fact that he was NOT involved in this in any way do to the fact he was in a car accident shortly before and my Husband and I were at his parents the weekend that this happened and he only left when he went to the hospital on the night of the 19th and then he canme back to his parents after they helped him. So even though I do not like him I know he does not deserve to be in prison for life
toobad they desreve it

Greenville, MI

#20 Jun 7, 2012
They all deserve to be in jail for life. How can you justify taking someones life? They wanted to get thier next fix so they had to get it somehow praying on people who are unable to defend themselve and are "easy" to get to are the way these boys are. They never worked for anyhting in life they stole it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Nov 24 Karma Train 6
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) Nov '14 Chris Updyke Sara... 6
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
I hate Chris Updyke (Apr '14) Jul '14 Gregg 5
Man sentenced in kidnapping and sexual assault ... (Feb '06) Jun '14 cruz 2
American legion bar (May '14) May '14 Debbie 3
Ionia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web