yeah

Harbor Springs, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Have you heard anything?? They were always such a strong company with many facilities, what happened???
Hmmm

Traverse City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Hmmm, guess all is hunky dorrey, according to the Sentinel Standard..... NOT
ouch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Judged:

They just announced profit sharing is getting the axe!!
Its a shame Don and Kevin are struggling so much that they couldnt take some of there pittily salary instead.
Ahhhh

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

So sorry for what is coming down there........
Poor Boy

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Brown Corp. is for sale... the word is. They are moving some welders & die's out of their plant in Waverly, Ohio. Rumor is... Ford is buying them steel and paying their employee's (and temp's) wages to build a bank of parts for them... Some think that Ford is pulling their equipment out of the Waverly plant after they get the bank (of parts) built. Does anyone know the truth???
Poor Boy

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Ahhhh wrote:
So sorry for what is coming down there........
and what is coming down? I'd like to know.

“otr trucker”

Since: Feb 09

ionia mi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Don't look for the news in the sentinel-standard they just publish junk news, i have a truck available for brown to expedite leaving ionia quicker.
gene101

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

walmartbiker wrote:
Don't look for the news in the sentinel-standard they just publish junk news, i have a truck available for brown to expedite leaving ionia quicker.
Do you or anyone know if Brown has intentions of leaving Ionia? What do you men expedite leaving Ionia quicker?
Shane

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

walmartbiker wrote:
When is it going down?
Midwest employee

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

We are hearing rumors at the Midwest Stamping plant that all the plants are for sale. They keep telling us that potential customers are touring the plant but we believe that they are potential buyers. There were some Chinese in there taking movies of our some of our weld cells. We have only lost our Lear jobs though and no welders have left. A truck driver from Tennessee said that the Heckathorn plant was for sale. The rumors here are that all the companies are being sold seperately and we were told that the Midwest plant at Sumpter SC is closed and their jobs have showed up in our plant. Last week we started shipping Bosch parts. We have not been banking ford but we are banking alot of Nissan and 1 week of Honda. It looks like something bad is going down but we keep getting told that we will not close.
Poor Boy wrote:
Brown Corp. is for sale... the word is. They are moving some welders & die's out of their plant in Waverly, Ohio. Rumor is... Ford is buying them steel and paying their employee's (and temp's) wages to build a bank of parts for them... Some think that Ford is pulling their equipment out of the Waverly plant after they get the bank (of parts) built. Does anyone know the truth???
Poor Boy

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

I work in the Waverly plant for Brown/BHM Tech. We have heard that BHM Tech. has sold the Morton part of their company (BHM). Now Brown Corp. is for sale as a whole or each line that we have could be sold too. We have also had several groups (including the chinese group) touring our plant, but our plant manager has told us that they are prospective buyers. If they buy our Waverly plant, we are hoping like hell that they keep it right here in Waverly. There just isn't no kind of work in southern Ohio. Brown has took away our bonuses, profit sharing checks, attendance checks and our free insurance. The moral at our plant is very, very low. But atleast it's a job. When the economy starts getting better and jobs open up elsewhere, people will be dropping like flys!
We too are building 8 week banks of parts for the Taurus IP's, Mustang IP's, Chrysler 300, the police/Charger IP's and the Econoline vans seats.
Time will tell what our future holds at Brown Corp. in Waverly, Ohio
Poor Boy

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

ouch wrote:
They just announced profit sharing is getting the axe!!
Its a shame Don and Kevin are struggling so much that they couldnt take some of there pittily salary instead.
Hey Buddy... Had any PorkChops lately? LMAO!!!
laidoff employee

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Any updates since???
Midwest employee wrote:
We are hearing rumors at the Midwest Stamping plant that all the plants are for sale. They keep telling us that potential customers are touring the plant but we believe that they are potential buyers. There were some Chinese in there taking movies of our some of our weld cells. We have only lost our Lear jobs though and no welders have left. A truck driver from Tennessee said that the Heckathorn plant was for sale. The rumors here are that all the companies are being sold seperately and we were told that the Midwest plant at Sumpter SC is closed and their jobs have showed up in our plant. Last week we started shipping Bosch parts. We have not been banking ford but we are banking alot of Nissan and 1 week of Honda. It looks like something bad is going down but we keep getting told that we will not close. <quoted text>
Poor Boy

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

It was announced last week that the Brown Corp. Plant of Waverly, Ohio has been sold to Matcor. I'm not sure if they bought all of the Brown Corp. plants or just the Waverly, Ohio plant. Matcor looks like a company that was started in Canada several years ago. Their website is: http://www.matcor-matsu.com/
Lady J

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Poor Boy wrote:
It was announced last week that the Brown Corp. Plant of Waverly, Ohio has been sold to Matcor. I'm not sure if they bought all of the Brown Corp. plants or just the Waverly, Ohio plant. Matcor looks like a company that was started in Canada several years ago. Their website is: http://www.matcor-matsu.com/

Any updates on Brown? I was wondering if any of the other locations had been sold yet, like Mexico or Moberly?
Poor Boy

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

They announced at the Brown Corp. Waverly, Ohio plant that Matcor had bought Brown Corp. and will take over operations on Nov. 6th
Rumor that we are hearing is they are closing the Moberly plant and the employees there don't know it yet. We aren't sure... it's just a rumor.
Lady J

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Poor Boy,
Are you hearing any more about the sale? I have heard rumors that there are more than one company involved in buying Brown? Have you heard that?
Poor Boy

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Lady J wrote:
Poor Boy,
Are you hearing any more about the sale? I have heard rumors that there are more than one company involved in buying Brown? Have you heard that?
OK Lady J, Big new update of the sale Brown Corp.
Now Saturday Nov. 6th, Matcor is buying ALL the Brown Corp. plants.
On the same day, Matcor is going to sell the Waverly plant and the Mexico plant to a company named Van-Rob. Van-Rob is a company out of Canada. They own 3 plants in Canada and 3 plants (counting the Waverly plant) in the USA.
Friday is the last day of Brown Corp. of Waverly. On Saturday, It will be known as VR Waverly.
mld0612

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Lady J wrote:
<quoted text>
Any updates on Brown? I was wondering if any of the other locations had been sold yet, like Mexico or Moberly?
My husband works for Brown in Moberly and yes they are being sold as of Nov 6. We found out about this a few weeks ago. He was originally told that layoffs would start in Nov, but his line wouldn't be taken out until April 2010 (at least we would get thru xmas), but now I don't know.

They were told today (this prompted me to do some research and I found this site) that Matcor would be hiring some of the employees and that the chosen ones would begin getting offer letters. The hrly wage would stay the same and they would offer "comparable" benefits! Whatever that means. My concern now is if he will be 100% vested in his 401k, he is a few weeks shy of being there 5 years!

I haven't been able to find out much on Matcor, such as what benefits they offer. I have been reading other posts and yes what happened to the other plants seem to be comparable to what has happened here. First they changed insurance and it was no longer free, they stopped matching 401k, profit sharing and misc bonuses haven't been around for awhile.

I will be checking back to see if anybody has any additional information.
MISS

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

mld0612 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband works for Brown in Moberly and yes they are being sold as of Nov 6. We found out about this a few weeks ago. He was originally told that layoffs would start in Nov, but his line wouldn't be taken out until April 2010 (at least we would get thru xmas), but now I don't know.
They were told today (this prompted me to do some research and I found this site) that Matcor would be hiring some of the employees and that the chosen ones would begin getting offer letters. The hrly wage would stay the same and they would offer "comparable" benefits! Whatever that means. My concern now is if he will be 100% vested in his 401k, he is a few weeks shy of being there 5 years!
I haven't been able to find out much on Matcor, such as what benefits they offer. I have been reading other posts and yes what happened to the other plants seem to be comparable to what has happened here. First they changed insurance and it was no longer free, they stopped matching 401k, profit sharing and misc bonuses haven't been around for awhile.
I will be checking back to see if anybody has any additional information.
My husband works for Brown in Ionia Michigan. They got their notice yesterday that they will no longer be Brown employees as of Friday, November 6, 2009. No promises of jobs from Matcor but it is a possibility. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about Matcor's intentions with the Ionia facility?? Will it remain open or will they remove machines and close the shop???? Looking for any answers. I can't find anything on the sale on line.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ionia Discussions

Search the Ionia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
I hate Chris Updyke Jul 11 Gregg 5
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chris Updyke is spreading STD Jun 29 Coronal Sanders 5
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Man sentenced in kidnapping and sexual assault ... (Feb '06) Jun '14 cruz 2
American legion bar May '14 Debbie 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ionia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ionia People Search