Security breach hits Independent Bank

Security breach hits Independent Bank

There are 24 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Security breach hits Independent Bank. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An as-yet-unidentified number of check cards issued by Ionia-based Independent Bank could be at risk after a recent security breach at payment processor Heartland Payment Systems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich Adgate

Mount Pleasant, MI

#21 Feb 13, 2009
I am confidant that the staff at Independent Bank will resolve this issue in a timely matter. Independent Bank is a strong cummunity bank and is considered to have outstanding customer service and respect.
Frederick

Holly, MI

#22 Feb 13, 2009
Dear Tony Tagliavia,

Shame on you for being part of the problem with Freedom of the Press. Wood tv and you need to be held accountable, however, you hide behind my constitution at the cost to think you can manipulate your viewers into believing your false accusations when you recklessly blasted Independent Bank on your broadcast. I am a customer and a share holder and whole heartedly believe in the honesty and integrity of my Independent Bank. I am a very loyal fan of your station but I am beginning to question why! I had respect for you Tony! For over 40 years I have watched nothing but Wood TV - You have a lot of power in how you condone yourself on the TV. I know that you probably will laugh at this because of "POWER OF THE PRESS" I thought your station had a better social responsiblity to it's community. Obviously you don't. You get one more chance and I am done with you Wood TV. Good Luck!

“November 12th, 2011”

Since: Nov 07

up a tree

#23 Feb 13, 2009
Ummm, if anyone wants to know if their account has been breached just send me your account number and PIN and I will look into it for you. There are also alot of Nigerians willing to do this for you , but I am an American so you can trust me. wink... wink....

*Note*
The above comment was an attempt at a joke, if you are so gullible as to send me any of your personal banking information, I WILL empty your account because you are not smart enough to even be allowed to have money.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#24 Feb 13, 2009
I received a similar letter and bank through Chemical Bank.

I too have stopped watching Wood TV 8, their sensationalism is over the top and borders on hysteria half of the time.

Oh, and MIBowhunter-lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar 6 family 24
Presumed illegal gambling ring draws large crowds (Mar '15) Jan '16 Dave 2
HIgh Speed Internet in Portland - is cable avai... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bnaielohim 1
News Outbreak of stomach ailments at Ionia prison (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kelly 2
News From clean record to life in prison for player ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kelly 1
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) May '15 Jim Rowley Ionia Mi 7
News Mom grasps that boys are in heaven (May '15) May '15 hon2505 1

Ionia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ionia Mortgages