Pickup rear-ends Ionia school bus

Pickup rear-ends Ionia school bus

There are 72 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Pickup rear-ends Ionia school bus. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A traffic crash involving a pickup truck and a school bus in Ionia County has injured at least one person.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MSU

Kalamazoo, MI

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Wow, how do you miss a big yellow bus?
RealAmerican

Royal Oak, MI

#2 Mar 18, 2009
probably running late.
naa

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Wow, that had to have hurt.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2009
MSU wrote:
Wow, how do you miss a big yellow bus?
He didn't.

Since: Mar 09

Deerfield, IL

#5 Mar 18, 2009
At least it gave those kids something interesting to talk about during lunch... or during class, if they are so inclined.
Snowgirl

Holland, MI

#6 Mar 18, 2009
I hope this "man" will be ok....This why we call them accident! Some of you that post here are very heartless and rude. Are you that perfect? Prayers for this mans recovery and glad the kids on that bus weren't hurt. Wear your seatbelt!

Since: Jul 08

Greeley, CO

#7 Mar 18, 2009
I love the fact that the phone number is plastered on the side of the pick up. I bet that company gets a few calls today...."hows my driving?"

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

#8 Mar 18, 2009
He works for G&W appliance in Ionia. I hope he will be alright. I watched aero mad take off. What a neat site, sorry it had to be ub=nder such bad circumstances.
wmt

Bellaire, MI

#9 Mar 18, 2009
"The driver of the pickup truck was apparently not wearing his seatbelt."

Or driving with his eyes open.
Perry

Gowen, MI

#10 Mar 18, 2009
Aero Med to Grand Rapids for non life threatening injuries????
caring in Greenville

Grand Haven, MI

#11 Mar 18, 2009
Always be prepared to stop !!! Those buses stop when you least expect it, and we should not follow so close. You never know what the person in front of you is going to do, but we know these buses stop!
Hope all will be OK. Accidents are always unexpected, we can be thankful we have the Aero Meds.

Since: Jan 09

Denver, CO

#12 Mar 18, 2009
The driver of the pickup truck was apparently not wearing his seatbelt.
Good, I hope he cracked his melon open. Dummy!
hmmm

Moline, IL

#13 Mar 18, 2009
Perry wrote:
they send aero med when it looks to be bad... they cant always tell if its life threatening or not based on the impact, and if they wait to know for sure...
nana

Carson City, MI

#14 Mar 18, 2009
Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for the students on the bus. Crashes happen when you least expect it and maybe the students will realize it could happen to them in a moment of inattention. I just hope all three individuals will be OK.
life in the city

Greenville, MI

#15 Mar 18, 2009
Aero med was called as it was an entrapment (pin in)
when we roll on an accident with pin in aero med is called until your on scene you dont know what you will find!
IONIA

Ionia, MI

#16 Mar 18, 2009
Perry wrote:
They dont want to come to the Ionia Hospital ~ for ANY injury!
Poor man, was hurt badly...let them take him where he can get some ral treatment.

Since: Jul 07

Grandville, MI

#17 Mar 18, 2009
IONIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor man, was hurt badly...let them take him where he can get some ral treatment.
Ionia hospital is horrid. I was in disbelief when I went with my sister to have her baby a few years back. omg there were ants everywhere & the bathrooms in the patients rooms were disgusting & hadn't had a good cleaning in a long time. There is no way in heck I would ever want to be treated there.
Its also doesn't make you feel very safe when every other room has a prisoner in it from the prison
Hotelgal

San Antonio, TX

#18 Mar 18, 2009
I guess I don't understand why Aero Med was really even called, 1st responders know if it's a code 1..2..or 3 so now this man or his insurance company will have this big bill for something uncalled for.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#19 Mar 18, 2009
IONIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I have learned if you want to live and actually get GOOD treatment you don't ever go to Carson City or Ionia hospitals! Go to Spectrum Health in Greenville or GR!

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

#20 Mar 18, 2009
IONIA wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not take a dead animal to Ionia Hospital. They have bugs, etc crawling everywhere. The emergency room is dirty. I was really not impressed the times that I have been forced to go there with others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Presumed illegal gambling ring draws large crowds (Mar '15) Jan '16 Dave 2
HIgh Speed Internet in Portland - is cable avai... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bnaielohim 1
News Outbreak of stomach ailments at Ionia prison (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kelly 2
News From clean record to life in prison for player ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kelly 1
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) May '15 Jim Rowley Ionia Mi 7
News Mom grasps that boys are in heaven (May '15) May '15 hon2505 1
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22

Ionia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ionia Mortgages