WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8: Grand Rapids news, weather, sports and v...

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Five dead animals were found in the yard of a Montcalm County home last month. Now one of the owners is facing complaints about her pets from neighbors at her new residence in Ionia County.
Comments
21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sunshine

Port Huron, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

These are not pets to these people. All they want is the money from selling them. Can you imagine the illnesses these puppies could have. I could about guarantee there have been no vaccines or vet checks for these puppies. Anyone who buys a puppy from them may have some considerable vet bills on their hands. The county needs to take them to a humane society and not allow these people to sell them!!!

“Any good mice lately?”

Since: Mar 08

Hairball Holler

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Sunshine wrote:
These are not pets to these people. All they want is the money from selling them. Can you imagine the illnesses these puppies could have. I could about guarantee there have been no vaccines or vet checks for these puppies. Anyone who buys a puppy from them may have some considerable vet bills on their hands. The county needs to take them to a humane society and not allow these people to sell them!!!
I'm telling you I think she has all of these animals for another purpose that people like you or I wouldn't think of. If you have spent any time online or watching the news, you know that there are people who are into some pretty weird stuff out there.
Been There

Lindale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

This is all starting to make sense. I never knew the wife. I'm sure that the father needs to carry some of the blame for allowing it to happen, but i didn't see this being like him.

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Miss Meow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you I think she has all of these animals for another purpose that people like you or I wouldn't think of. If you have spent any time online or watching the news, you know that there are people who are into some pretty weird stuff out there.
yeah, possibly; but she wanted to sell them [if that's true]; remember not too long ago those women who had all those cats in their houses???
OMG
xj rixhards

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

these people shoud be put in a small jail cell with 12 big guys and left to fend for themself/ The humane society needs to get these animmals out and into safe hands and then not permit these people from ever ownin animals of any kind again

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

rval2 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, possibly; but she wanted to sell them [if that's true]; remember not too long ago those women who had all those cats in their houses???
OMG
I don't think she's like a typical collector. They genuinely care for the animals and usually have exclusively just cats or dogs. Back at her other place she had a lamb, goat, etc., and their carcasses were just rotting in the yard.
The cat collectors are the exact reason 2 is enough for me no matter how much other homeless one's tug at my heartstrings.
BTW Why is the headline title on this thread not carrect?
LadyLawDawg

Allegan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

Miss Meow, I don't know where you are getting your info on the typical "collector". Hoarding is a mental illness.

You also need to be very careful what you insuate, any posting on here can be used against you as this is a public forum. Irregardless of what is "alleged" by law enforcement, they are still innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

If you insinuate that they are doing other things than what the law enforcement officers are alleging, the accused can pursue legal action against you for libelous comments.

I am against and apalled by any acts of animal cruelty, but you still have to remember we do have a justice system, and it is not perfect, BUT the fact remains, folks are innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. Please remember that.

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

Yes, and there are different kinds of mental illness also. I didn't say she does anything for sure - I'm just saying my thoughts - instincts are not illegal and I think it's important that we aren't naive about things. These forums are not a court of law, so what I think doesn't matter. There are less than scrupulous individuals in S&M lifestyle who use animals. The S&M lifestyle usually prides itself on only consentual things, and if they want to practice that in the privacy of their home it's their right, but animals cannot give consent. Look it up and see for yourself.
LadyLawDawg

Allegan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

Miss Meow, I read the reports and nowhere is there any alleging of beastiality. I sure hope for your sake these folks don't read these comments. You most definitely were insinuating, and still are, that some sort of S&M or beastiality was going on. I think you have some serious issues yourself. Maybe we should keep an eye on you since you seem to be the only one who is thinking on those lines.

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

LadyLawDawg wrote:
Miss Meow, I read the reports and nowhere is there any alleging of beastiality. I sure hope for your sake these folks don't read these comments. You most definitely were insinuating, and still are, that some sort of S&M or beastiality was going on. I think you have some serious issues yourself. Maybe we should keep an eye on you since you seem to be the only one who is thinking on those lines.
I'm not the one killing animals here.........
Her website was bdsm - the title being "Thinking of ways to kill" - just a red flag now that this is going on at her 2nd residence. There is an elephant in the room you are telling me to ignore. Maybe not bestiality, but zoosadism - pleasure watching animals suffer?(Notice this is a question, not a statement) Asking questions is not illegal. There were hundreds of postings about the previous incident in which posters were very angry at this woman and her ex, people were saying what ought to happen to them. You are more than welcome to keep an eye on me - I have nothing to hide sweety. If you would like to threaten me for pointing out there may be a connection, I will be happy to forward it to the Ionia County Sheriff. Yes - I DO have serious issues - with abuse. Goats, sheep, dogs, etc. don't just suddenly drop deap in someone's yard - someone got off on watching them suffer day by day. End of discussion for me - You can all put your heads back in the sand now and I won't tarnish their sterling reputation any further.
Bassman

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

I live on the same road as these people did in Montcalm county, Six Lakes. I have driven by this place many times in the Summer, they would have the front door open and the trash would be waist deep, with a little trail through the trash. Animals tied up on short chains. Trash all over the yard. Filthy kids. Dont think this is a isolated case. There are many cases like this all over this area. People can call police and animal control and nothing is done about it. In a way i cannot blame the police for not wanting to get involved. What are they going to do about it? Throw them in jail? If they did that they would have to expand the jails and prisons tenfold. What is the solution? I dont know. Poverty is not an excuse for this filth. This township has free trash pick up. There is no reason to have animals you cannot afford or are too lazy to feed. I believe the causes are many, drug abuse, alcoholism, mental illness, laziness, and a welfare system that has no accountabilty. Generations of people on public assistance.
Chris

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

How many chances are these uncaring selfish idiots going to get vs these innocent lives who deserve a loving home? These living creatures deserve better!!! It is just completely unacceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug 22 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug 22 Gregg 3
Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Aug 22 Chris Updyke 5
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
I hate Chris Updyke Jul '14 Gregg 5
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
•••
•••
•••

Ionia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ionia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ionia News, Events & Info