WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8: Grand Rapids news, weather, sports and v...

Five dead animals were found in the yard of a Montcalm County home last month. Now one of the owners is facing complaints about her pets from neighbors at her new residence in Ionia County. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Defender of all Pets

Allendale, MI

#1 Apr 4, 2008
Some individuals just never seem to learn. Thank goodness for neighbors who weren't afraid to speak out. THANK YOU!!! and I'm sure those puppies are grateful too.
Pamela Abbott

Whitehall, MI

#2 Apr 4, 2008
"I think it's just wrong to have supposedly 10 dogs in a cage in one little room. I don't feel that it's right," said neighbor Jeremy Mishler."

I am in agreement with My Nephew. No animal deserves to be treated as a prisoner They deserve to be treated as a member of the family not just an animal. But If they could allow their children to live in conditions of that as we have seen of the house they left behind in six lakes it doesn't surprise me that they would keep that many animals in a small cage. Maybe someone should put them in a small cage and let them see how it feels to be treated the way they have treated those animals. It makes me sick to think that anyone could mistreat any animal or creature that god put on this earth the way so many do. It's sad!

Pamela Abbott

Since: Apr 08

Holland, MI

#3 Apr 4, 2008
UGH! Some people. Their day of judgement will come. I just don't understand why in the world people feel the need to have a mass load of dogs?
Donald

Battle Creek, MI

#4 Apr 4, 2008
After reading this story, I'm starting to think that this woman is some kind of animal hoarder-those people who are just addicted to trying to "keep" as many animals as they can with the idea of "helping" and "caring" for them, not comprehending that their actions are actually endagering the animals welfare.

At least this time, she and that boyfriend of hers had enough sense to turn those puppies in, but I don't think it will be long before she's repeating the pattern again and again until she's stopped. But if she is actually a hoarder, that's still no excuse for animal cruelty, under any cirumstances.
clymbn

Rockford, MI

#5 Apr 5, 2008
It is just an animal,not a human they only live about 7 to 10 years anyway. You people kill me about stuff like this up here. Like letting dogs ride in cars and ruining the interior with the smell and fur. I can't see letting a dog ride in a50-60k vehicle.

“Reporting to you live from... ”

Since: Feb 08

Ionia

#6 Apr 5, 2008
It's not bad enough that Montcalm County Animal Control couldn't figure out how to help the animals in the Schumacher home, but now there are more animals in such a pitiful state? This has gone entirely too far! These people need to be punished, and fast. They have no concern for the animals in their "care" and should be given the same treatment as the animals have been given. Jail is too good for them.

“Any good mice lately?”

Since: Mar 08

Hairball Holler

#7 Apr 5, 2008
"Working with the sheriff's department, we give folks a chance to make sure...to make it right before they get charged or get cited for a citable offense," said Officer Randy Dankenbring.

At each address? This woman is the angel of death for just about every animal she comes in cantact with.

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

#8 Apr 5, 2008
clymbn wrote:
It is just an animal,not a human they only live about 7 to 10 years anyway. You people kill me about stuff like this up here. Like letting dogs ride in cars and ruining the interior with the smell and fur. I can't see letting a dog ride in a50-60k vehicle.
Yes - My 2 cats actually sleep on my nice duvet cover with me. OH THE HORROR! The unconditional love and joy they give for "7 to 10" years far surpasses a human. If cats and dogs are so low on the food chain for you, have you tried any puppy recipes?

“Just Thinking”

Since: Nov 07

Rockford, MI

#9 Apr 5, 2008
clymbn wrote:
Then hopefully you do not have any pets. Certainly that is your right. In fact, I deplore you to not own any pets.
Nuts

Jackson, MI

#10 Apr 5, 2008
Why? Why does this person feel the need to own pets? No one is forced to keep a pet. Those who choose to do so must be held to account for their treatment. No one should keep that many animals in an apartment...that's crazy! Not to mention the fact that her previous home is in foreclosure; how on earth can you afford that many dogs if you can't afford to keep your home?

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

#11 Apr 5, 2008
Her MySpace page reads, "Happily Kneeling by my Master"
""You must, accordingly, strive to understand, relate to, serve and please the unique master in each man. You must bring your own individual personalities and talents to bear on his challenge. Try in your uniqueness to be perfect and special for him!"

Female
29 years old
SIX LAKES, Michigan
United States

Her page before said something about "ways to kill".
I wonder if there is some bestiality going on here? Maybe these animals are serving one purpose for her? I know some of you are going to jump on me about jumping to conclusions, but I know about fetishes and something is really strange with this woman.

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

#12 Apr 5, 2008
This is her site.......
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...
Sara

Richland, MI

#13 Apr 5, 2008
we give folks a chance to make sure...to make it right before they get charged or get cited for a citable offense," said Officer Randy Dankenbring.

They already proved they don't take care of their animals - take the animals away from them now!
bbblso

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Apr 5, 2008
no excuse ....not to care for your animals to let them die ,,, years of prison should be to them.
AngelEyes

Grand Haven, MI

#15 Apr 5, 2008
If they treat animals that way and allow their home to get so bad then imagine what the kids must be going through.... take the kids out of there ( if there are any ) and put the adults in prison for abuse. The neighbors shouldn't have to be miserable becuz of their stupidity either.... There's a pattern and it's not going to stop until someone makes them!!! If they don't have access to animals then they can't be repeating.
mary

United States

#16 Apr 5, 2008
that is horrible. the sheriff's department should take the puppies and give them to the shelter. most normal people would love to have and take care of a puppy. those 2 people should get animal cruelty charges

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

#17 Apr 5, 2008
AngelEyes wrote:
If they treat animals that way and allow their home to get so bad then imagine what the kids must be going through.... take the kids out of there ( if there are any ) and put the adults in prison for abuse. The neighbors shouldn't have to be miserable becuz of their stupidity either.... There's a pattern and it's not going to stop until someone makes them!!! If they don't have access to animals then they can't be repeating.
She has 3 sons - no word on where they are.
Betterhave

Shelbyville, MI

#18 Apr 5, 2008
How the heck can Montcalm County ignore first, the complaints of starving animals and then, their responsibility to enforce the laws ?

Why is it no charges have been filed yet in the original abuse case ? If that were being litigated as it should be, a judge would have had the opportunity to tell these folks they can't have any more animals in their possession.

Maybe the Montcalm Co. prosecutor is as ineffective as their "animal control" ?

The puppies were lucky to land in Ionia County. Unlike Montcalm, at least Ionia doesn't give their animals to the research broker to sell off anymore.
Disgusting

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 5, 2008
Did anyone watch the video which showed the inside of the condemned house in the other county where the three boys lived??
YUCK

“Any good mice lately?”

Hairball Holler

#20 Apr 5, 2008
Disgusting wrote:
Did anyone watch the video which showed the inside of the condemned house in the other county where the three boys lived??
YUCK
She probably likes it, especially if her "Master" tells her to. She might be one of those people who loves to roll around in feces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) 11 hr JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 13 hr gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sun Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Aug '14 Chris Updyke 5
•••
•••
Ionia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ionia Jobs

•••
•••