Inmate kills self at Ionia prison

A prisoner at the Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility in Ionia died Monday after hanging himself in his cell. Read more
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mike

Grand Rapids, MI

#144 Feb 1, 2009
Good riddance. One less douchebag we have to pay for.

Since: Jan 09

Norton Shores

#145 Feb 2, 2009
See, that non smoking plan is already working in our favor.
JROSA

Saginaw, MI

#146 Feb 2, 2009
Mike wrote:
Good riddance. One less douchebag we have to pay for.
Stop paying your taxes so you don't have anything to cry about.These families got enough stress to deal with so why disrespect their loved ones.Put yourself in their shoes and see how you would feel.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#147 Feb 2, 2009
kelli826 wrote:
This happened back in August, so I doubt very much that the new smoking ban in prisons that just went into effect was a factor.
JROSA

Saginaw, MI

#148 Feb 2, 2009
kelli826 wrote:
THE smoking ban just took effect so how can you comment on that? What do you have to say about the overdose? OR the c.o's that just recently got caught taking drugs into saginaw corr. facility and thumb corr. facility? If it wasn't for us you's wouldn't have job security.Noy everybody was born with a silver spoon. Nobody says anything about the troops killing people in iraq or raping their women.Not everyboby is bad.It could happen to any of your family members, how would you feel then?
jeankinaryatyaho odotcom

Boyne City, MI

#149 Feb 23, 2011
I would like to talk to you privately about your sons best friend.. me, having been through a recent stay at ionia jail, and trying tto get help from others who have been "denied there prescribed meds"
Help them please wrote:
You hit the nail right on the head "I am who I am"!!! My sons best friend was in the Ionia County jail about 6 years ago. He had previously been in a car accident and was in ICU in a coma (brain injury)for months. His drs. said he would need to be on medication for the rest of his life for depression. In jail he was regressing because they refused him his medication (alough he was 20 his mom was his legal guardian) and she went to the jail and they still refused. He had a second chance at life and because of depression he hung himself in his cell. This is so sad especially when these 2 deaths could possibly been prevented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ionia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar 10 Bad at one time 22
Presumed illegal gambling ring draws large crowds Mar 7 Concerned Citizen 1
Poll Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Nov '14 Karma Train 6
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) Nov '14 Chris Updyke Sara... 6
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
News Man sentenced in kidnapping and sexual assault ... (Feb '06) Jun '14 cruz 2
Ionia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ionia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]