Skinny Rich, Dirty Dill, Seldom Seen ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
REB

Mira Loma, CA

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Mike Stone wrote:
Gary Hunt and Gary Dye were a year behind me. I can't remember the names of some of the others. To me, the 60's were the best years. But then I graduated in 67' and moved to the Central Valley and lived there until I moved to Kansas in January. Ran across several of my classmates over the years while moving around the Valley.
I graduated w/your brother, I agree those were great years.
joe

United States

#22 Mar 12, 2009
on my mind wrote:
Have anyone around grew up in trona in the 80's
i grew up in Trona from 70 to 90
Fred III

Seattle, WA

#23 Jun 16, 2009
The last time I saw Skinny Rich was up at the Ruth Mine around 1963. He was bust stripping the mine. He had bought some stuff from the mine at a Sherifs sale. The was a big Fairbanks Moorse compressor that had been at the mine since the 1930s. When I got up to the mine he had torn it apart and to get the bearings out of it for scrap. My grandad was in Trona from the very early 1900s until his death around 1956. I spent summers in Trona at my grand parents. I use to follow Lee Bernhearty around. He was about as cool as they came in the 1950s. Cut the belt loops of his jeans and used motor oil in his duck tail. I remember there was a young guy that worked at bthe plant that had a new red and chrome BSA. Lee eventually married one of the Anderews Sisters rom the singing group. Seldom Seen Slim had and old ww-2 jeep. Ted Lang had a gas station in Argus. He and my grandad and Slim were all interested in GOLD. Trona was a great place for a kid to spend the summers. I learned to swim at Valley Wells and Mrs. Leeat taught me to write. I got my first couple of flying lessons at Trona.
GARY HAMMONDS

Phelan, CA

#24 Aug 28, 2010
I REMEMBER TRONA IN 1959 AND TRONA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MY 3RD GRADE TEACHER WAS MR FRITZ , I USED TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE POOL AMERICAN POTASH BUILT BACK IN THE DAY. ANYBODY REMEMBER THE SNAKE PIT OR THE OASIS , I REMEMBER MY DAD DRIVING OUT TO THE DUMP TO PICK UP THE DODGERS GAMES ON THE RADIO. I REMEMBER ALL THE OLD TIMERS LIKE BUDDY JACKSON , TED WARREN , RC KIRKENDAHL(SORRY FOR SPELLING OF RC'S LAST NAME) BUCK RINGER , YES TRONA WAS A GOOD PLACE TO GROW UP IN THE 1950's I'AM GLAD I GOT TO EXPLORE SEARLES VALLEY AS A KID , THANKS
Storm

Mountain View, CA

#25 Mar 1, 2013
My grandfather had a junk yard next to Skinny Rich's junk yard, fun times when we were kids. We had a good time at great falls from 74 to 78, Trona was a good place to grow up back then, Different World, Different Time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inyokern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get paid to make big booty videos Aug 16 bigbootyboi 1
Concerned person Aug 11 Howard 1
Needing a helping hand!! Aug 3 JenniferAle86 1
It isn't right! Jun '15 Night Watch 2
Moving to Ridgecrest Jun '15 Scott 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in California... (Oct '10) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 12
News Wind storm advisory issued for parts of Kern (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dorn 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Inyokern Mortgages