Journal Junction

There are 4 comments on the Martinsburg Journal story from Nov 3, 2007, titled Journal Junction. In it, Martinsburg Journal reports that:

“Bush's false claims about Children's Health Insurance.”

Editor's note: Journal Junction does not accept sports-related comments. The Journal does not publish anonymous calls about signed letters to the editor. via Martinsburg Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Martinsburg Journal.

Fed Up

Potomac, MD

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Like other's in the Inwood community the cutting down of the Memorial Tree at Musselman was about as hateful and low as it can gets, but what bothers me most, the front office in the school is struggling in regards with what type of punishment should be handed down not only to the ones that actually did the cutting, but to those other students that didn't partake in the cutting but were watching this activity take place and there were quite a few of them there. I guess the school is afraid to take action against these kids because of their last names and how much money is donated not only to the school but to the community as well. Hint Centra Bank and we know who works there. I bet she feels like an idiot knowing her daughter was watching this event take place and then Mr. Butler who helped is laughing in class on Wednesday of this week claiming he should have been a lumberjack. Some are cheerleaders, soccer, basketball players, Student Council, National Honor Society, etc. Strip them of all activities they participate in because obviously they are not representing their school and student body very well and suspension, community service and whatever else they need to do so they might learn how to appreciate certain aspects of life since everything is handed over to them. Faculty members and a majority of the student body are not happy and that's putting it mildly that nothing is being done because of who they are and their wealth, because we all know if it was students that don't have "the name or wealth" displinary action would have already been handed down with no questions asked. But we know all too well how money and "the name" talks in Inwood.
Michelle Corbin

United States

#2 Dec 20, 2007
Just a quick heads-up to all patients of Berkeley Family Medicine who have Mail Handlers (it will become Coventry after January 1, 2008) health insurance: they no longer accept it and you will have to pay $81.40 up front for a doctor's visit, and you will most likely see a PA instead, anyway. You are free to file the claim submission yourself after the visit and then wait for the insurance company to reimburse you. Don't know if they planned on sending out this information or if they are alerting patients with this insurance as they call, but if you're sick, have sick children and are short on cash, don't go there anymore. May I suggest City Urgent Care instead, they have a wonderful doctor there now who does take this insurance with a twenty dollar or so co-payment at the time of the visit whom I like very much. Good luck to all, and please be aware Berkeley Family Medicine might not be the place for you anymore.
Karen Jelenfy

Martinsburg, WV

#3 Mar 2, 2009
I am appalled at the minimal level of care provided to the veterans at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Both nursing homes, as well as unit 5C,disappointed me in the care of my parent. It appeared that the staffing was such that adequate care was simply not available. I am regretful that I agreed to have my parent placed at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV, specifically the 5C unit. It is my hope that the necessary changes to improve the quality of the hospital environment will be made soon.
roche102

Martinsburg, WV

#4 Apr 18, 2016
To the neighbors in meadowbrook subdivision with the slow down children at play sign in your yard
Practice what you preach......you drive faster than anybody in the neighborhood!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Tue Duh 1,282
Looking for Andy (aka plukie) May 5 Dumba55 4
Best strip club in martinsburg (Feb '14) Apr '16 Madam 7
Adam Jackson Apr '16 Dash 1
New Martinsburg based webpage Apr '16 Anonymous 1
Katlyn Kettering Apr '16 Glad I found out 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in West Vir... (Oct '10) Apr '16 none of the above 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Inwood Mortgages