Record cold settles over Minnesota

Record cold settles over Minnesota

There are 52 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Record cold settles over Minnesota. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Record cold has settled across Minnesota following a weekend winter storm. The National Weather Service says temperatures early today ranged between 15 and 25 degrees below zero across northern and central ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#1 Dec 16, 2008
This has shaped up to be the coldest winter in a long time. For the first time in several years, the ice on the lakes is over 15 inches thick in mid December. It must be that new climate change everyone is talking about!
Bud in St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Yep, more proof of globle warming.
Tired of it all

South Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 16, 2008
Lucky we have climate change. It could be 50 below today with 70 below wind chill.

I have read the stories, I know climate change causes this cold weather. I understand and it makes full sense.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 16, 2008
Embrace global warming. brrrr.
Large Carbon Footprint

Long Lake, MN

#5 Dec 16, 2008
According to the liberals, this record cold is caused by global warming. They say that this proves there is a climate crisis and we must spend trillions of dollars to save planet earth. These are the same people that question the sanity of conservatives.

Liberals became so embarrassed, by calling record cold a result of global warming, that they had to change the name of their phony crisis to "climate change." This is a false science and a false religion to some liberals. Man has no ability to change climate. There is no crisis. The earth has been cooling since 1998.
Max

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 16, 2008
Large Carbon Footprint wrote:
According to the liberals, this record cold is caused by global warming. They say that this proves there is a climate crisis and we must spend trillions of dollars to save planet earth. These are the same people that question the sanity of conservatives.
Liberals became so embarrassed, by calling record cold a result of global warming, that they had to change the name of their phony crisis to "climate change." This is a false science and a false religion to some liberals. Man has no ability to change climate. There is no crisis. The earth has been cooling since 1998.
Your a pathetic individual!! Its a story about the weather....just the weather!!..i'm amazed at how well you can type in a straight jacket!! loser!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grizzly Adams

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 16, 2008
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a pathetic individual!! Its a story about the weather....just the weather!!..i'm amazed at how well you can type in a straight jacket!! loser!
I see- you have no facts so you have to immediately go on the attack. Typical liberal.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#8 Dec 16, 2008
somebody better call Al Gore....
Go DFL

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Man is causing all this bizarre weather patterns. A 50 degree drop in 18 hours? This is man made problem with real world solutions. It is time to ban all oil products and move over to solar, geothermal, and wind. Get your head out of you butt and look around you. Or are you so consumed by the Bush policy of ignoring the problem that it does not exist?
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#10 Dec 16, 2008
Go DFL wrote:
<quoted text>
Man is causing all this bizarre weather patterns. A 50 degree drop in 18 hours? This is man made problem with real world solutions. It is time to ban all oil products and move over to solar, geothermal, and wind. Get your head out of you butt and look around you. Or are you so consumed by the Bush policy of ignoring the problem that it does not exist?
Gosh you are hilarious! I mean seriously, you post was really funny! Stop it, you're killing me! Ha Ha!
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey max, take a pill and go back to bed. Maybe you will wake up with some common sense.
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
somebody better call Al Gore....
To tell him to crank his heat up? Good Gosh, his bill is already 30 grand a year for electricity, soon, there will be a fund you can contribute to for "Al Gore Heat Bill and Private Jet Travel Relief Fund"! heh heh!
MMM

Menahga, MN

#13 Dec 16, 2008
Me I am for creating an alternative to oil to reduce our dependancy on oil, reducing polution and cleaning up our environment. I am not for the creation of an addition tax system based on carbon. I am not for creating carbon credits. Both of these are Al Gore solutions which by the way if it passes he would become very very very wealthy. Such to the point to make Billy Gates look like a vagraint.

Oh by the way..
Those of use who are over 40 remember the 70's when all the rage was global cooling and the impending ice age. And if we didn't start spending billions of dollars to reverse it we would all die.

I made this challenge on another forum. If you want to reduce green house gasses, send me a check for $100 every month to help cover the damage to the environment that you are creating. With it I will plant a tree to offest your carbon.
JakChik

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 16, 2008
Grizzly Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
I see- you have no facts so you have to immediately go on the attack. Typical liberal.
Yeah, they get pretty irate when you make fun of their religion.
ConservativeTeac her

Plymouth, MN

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Individual weather events cannot be used to support or deny climate change. This cold is a non-story.

I would like an answer from the anthropogenic global warming alarmists however. The main thesis behind Gore's propoganda piece is that CO2 causes warming. Well, why is it then that throughout climate history the warming has occurred before CO2 increases, not after? Gore had it backwards and he refuses to address this issue.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#16 Dec 16, 2008
Go DFL wrote:
<quoted text>
another "Gorebot" retard...please..do not have children
Large Carbon Footprint

Long Lake, MN

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using my straitjacket to keep warm.

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#18 Dec 16, 2008
I agree with the fallacy of global warming.
The planets climate changes all the time.

However, there is solid science that proves rising global temperatures can trigger localized cooling, and even a re-glaciation of the northern latitudes.
It complex, but, in a nut shell, warming temps melts more polar ice. The creates for, letting less sun thru to warm the surface, causing more snow to stick to the ground, for longer, reflecting more light and heat back into the atmosphere. This causes the snow to not melt, and causes a re-glaciation.

Now, the debatable part of global warming is not if the climate is changing.
The debate is on what effect humans have in that change.

My thoughts on it, and I have done a lot of research on the subject for a book I am currently writing, is humanities impact on the climate is real, but negligible compared to what nature and the earth itself does to foster climate change.

For one example, humans pump out 70 billion tons of carbon a year.
Volcanos pump out 200 billion tons.
And, thats just one aspect of nature. when all carbon output is taken into consideration, humans are responsible for about 7-8% of the carbon pumped into the atmosphere every year.
(I will not list my sources for these numbers, as a quick search will find all the verification you need. Find the info for yourself, and you'll be less inclined to think it's propaganda. My book, due in late 2009 will have all sources cited.)
Large Carbon Footprint

Long Lake, MN

#19 Dec 16, 2008
ConservativeTeacher wrote:
Individual weather events cannot be used to support or deny climate change. This cold is a non-story.
I would like an answer from the anthropogenic global warming alarmists however. The main thesis behind Gore's propoganda piece is that CO2 causes warming. Well, why is it then that throughout climate history the warming has occurred before CO2 increases, not after? Gore had it backwards and he refuses to address this issue.
If not man-made global warming, what caused the end of the last ice age? Man has no ability to change the earth's climate. It is solar activity, not carbon emissions, that has an effect on climate.

I agree with what you say. Warming, caused by increased solar activity, precedes increased levels of CO2. Man has nothing to do with any climate change. Global warming is a hoax.

SCIENTISTS ABANDON GLOBAL WARMING LIE

http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Large Carbon Footprint

Long Lake, MN

#20 Dec 16, 2008
ottermann wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the fallacy of global warming.
The planets climate changes all the time.
However, there is solid science that proves rising global temperatures can trigger localized cooling, and even a re-glaciation of the northern latitudes.
It complex, but, in a nut shell, warming temps melts more polar ice. The creates for, letting less sun thru to warm the surface, causing more snow to stick to the ground, for longer, reflecting more light and heat back into the atmosphere. This causes the snow to not melt, and causes a re-glaciation.
Now, the debatable part of global warming is not if the climate is changing.
The debate is on what effect humans have in that change.
My thoughts on it, and I have done a lot of research on the subject for a book I am currently writing, is humanities impact on the climate is real, but negligible compared to what nature and the earth itself does to foster climate change.
For one example, humans pump out 70 billion tons of carbon a year.
Volcanos pump out 200 billion tons.
And, thats just one aspect of nature. when all carbon output is taken into consideration, humans are responsible for about 7-8% of the carbon pumped into the atmosphere every year.
(I will not list my sources for these numbers, as a quick search will find all the verification you need. Find the info for yourself, and you'll be less inclined to think it's propaganda. My book, due in late 2009 will have all sources cited.)
I don't believe there's any evidence to suggest that carbon emissions have anything to do with the warming of the earth. It is the level of solar activity that affects the earth's temperature. Man has no ability to change the earth's climate. Make sure you put that in your book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

International Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
International Falls Music Thread (Sep '13) May '17 Musikologist 10
News Remote development: Naicatchewenin casts its ne... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Medewiwin 1
News Big dreams for Big Falls Campground (Sep '15) Sep '15 Loveupnorthcamping 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News Kokua Line: Star-Bulletin 1st Extra Ed. (May '15) May '15 Lisa Verhoek 1
News WTF, Summer? It's 103 Degrees in Canada, 55 in ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Petal Power 2
News Calendar says spring, but winter refuses to go ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mets Fan Forever 6

International Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

International Falls Mortgages